Who Wore Contrarian Better? Taylor Swift or Katie Holmes

Taylor Swift picked this pretty Contrarian ‘Barbara Bibb’ dress to attend Brooke and Dunn’s ‘The Last Rodeo’ in Las Vegas back in May.

The cute lavender dress features a deep V-neck, silk sash belt and ruffled trim around the hem.

Taylor kept her look simple, accessorizing with her trademark ringlet curls and metallic silver peep-toe Christian Louboutin heels.

Katie Holmes chose the same dress to wear to the 2011 LA Film Festival “Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark” Premiere.

The actress chose a navy blue version of the dress and paired the look with Lanvin tan T-strap pumps, a gold Jennifer Meyer “S” pendant necklace, a horseshoe charm bracelet and pearl stud earrings.

Katie finished her look with lightly smoky eyes, pink lipstick and glossy straight hair.

I’m slightly torn on this one as I love the lavender version on Taylor but adore Katie’s chic, sophisticated look – especially her gorgeous heels and pretty jewelry.

My vote is going to Katie as I much prefer her accessories and the elegant look she went for, plus I think this look is nothing new or exciting on Taylor.

Credit: Getty

Taylor Swift In Tracy Reese - 'Wonderstruck' Fragrance Launch

Taylor Swift In Tracy Reese – ‘Wonderstruck’ Fragrance Launch

Who Wore Razan Alazzouni Better? Ariel Winter or Emma Roberts

Who Wore Razan Alazzouni Better? Ariel Winter or Emma Roberts

9 Responses to Who Wore Contrarian Better? Taylor Swift or Katie Holmes

1. aiyu August 24, 2011 at 11:25 #

It’s hard to choose, Taylor looked pretty and feminine and Katie, like you said, looked chic and sophisticated.
    But I didn’t liked Taylor’s frayed hem, so I choose Katie

2. Jones19 August 24, 2011 at 11:58 #

Tan pumps, especially T-strap ones are just so geriatric in my eyes so I went with Taylor. Love the lavender color on her.

3. thebeautyphilosopher August 24, 2011 at 12:57 #

Taylor just doesn’t do it for me because she dresses like she is – a cashed up, pretty teenager. The dress and shoes are actually very gorgeous together but those tight curls combined with way too much makeup makes her look like she going to a prom.

• molly August 24, 2011 at 18:57 #

This was at a concert two years ago, so Taylor was 19. Not to mention it was a country music concert so I think the prom look fits right in. :P

• TheBeautyPhilosopher August 25, 2011 at 07:37 #

Lol good point. I actually did not intend to be mean about her – she is very young even two years on so she is allowed to dress the way she does. I guess with the popularity of red carpet and street style there is a huge expectation for people in the public eye to be perfect in terms of style but really who had it all down pat at the tender age of 19 or even 21? Yes some mini celebrities are uncannily savvy but many are not – but they become truly stylish or adventurous or whatever in years to come.

4. molly August 24, 2011 at 18:55 #

They both look great, but the fit is better on Taylor and her shoes are better. The only thing that ruins Katies look are the shoes and bad fit.

5. Nat39 August 24, 2011 at 21:31 #

Can`t decide really – love Katie`s tan heels, they are gorgeous, agree, and Taylor`s lavender version of the dress, the way it fits her, and her pretty signature curly hair are just adorable. I`m splitting my vote.

6. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ August 25, 2011 at 10:48 #

I’m just so sick of seeing Taylor in these girly dresses all the time. OF COURSE hers is in white, you know. She never tries anything new.

• Kathy July 25, 2012 at 05:39 #