Sonam Kapoor In Collette Dinnigan – “Mausam” Promotion

Sonam Kapoor is currently promoting her new movie, “Mausam.”

She opted to wear a Collette Dinnigan Fall 2011 dress to the event with Giorgio Armani ballet flats and Sunita A Kapoor earrings.

Her black embroidered dress is exquisite but doesn’t have the same volume in the skirt from the runway, plus the dress feels really heavy for summer.

I could’ve been forced to overcome my feelings about the heavy summertime dress had she worn some strappy sandals.

Flats on the red carpet fail to excite me, but her glossy mane and red lips are perfection.

I would’ve loved to have seen her in something more colourful and vibrant.

Credit: Style.com & Manan

Hannah Simone In Mary Katrantzou - 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Hannah Simone In Mary Katrantzou – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Rashida Jones In Charlotte Ronson & Nicole Richie - Charlotte Ronson Beauty Launch

Rashida Jones In Charlotte Ronson & Nicole Richie – Charlotte Ronson Beauty Launch

26 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Collette Dinnigan – “Mausam” Promotion

1. smruthi August 24, 2011 at 17:25 #

I think she looks FAB !!!

She was not attending a premiere or a red carpet event…she was promoting her movie on a game show..

And in India summer has gone by.

• Danika August 24, 2011 at 20:00 #

It’s still about 30 degrees C in Delhi and Bombay! I think one can hardly get into the details of whether it’s summer or monsoon or sharad ritu; at the end of the day it’s still very very hot and humid at the moment, and this dress is not at all seasonal. India’s not exactly Australia, where it is actually winter right now.

2. dee August 24, 2011 at 17:34 #

This is very middle of the road for me.

3. Paddy M August 24, 2011 at 17:37 #

I love it on the runway – the model looks so statuesque. Unfortunately, it looks a little too big overall on Sonam, and the length on her shorter frame is less flattering. She also should have worn her hair back IMO – as lovely as it looks, I’m not a big fan of wearing hair over the front of a detailed dress.

• Pati August 24, 2011 at 18:05 #

I completely agree. Love the dress, but I too wish it was shorter and fuller like presented on the model. Also, although her heair looks lovely, I would’ve put it back as the dress has a lot going on already.

• noo August 24, 2011 at 18:07 #

• Nat39 August 24, 2011 at 20:48 #

Gorgeous hair but it should`ve been pulled back with this dress, agree. Even those earrings look a bit excessive.
      Hate flats anywhere on anyone.

4. Jones19 August 24, 2011 at 17:41 #

I agree, if it were November I would like this more but it’s still summer for goodness sake. The flats work with the dress just fine but I would prefer some heels.

5. shopgirl August 24, 2011 at 18:08 #

i love the dress on the model more .. and i think this dress not fit a game show i wish if she did a up-do hair and wear a heels but her make up look really nice

6. Lila August 24, 2011 at 18:08 #

I think she’s beyond gorgeous, but this outfit does absolutely nothing for her. Looking forward to see her redeem herself.

7. RS August 24, 2011 at 18:46 #

I have noticed that Sonam hardly ever wears high heels. I guess she is quite tall for an indian actress but I would love to see her in all those fabulous heels that are available out there!

• zina December 12, 2011 at 12:12 #

Yeah she rarely does so.

8. Emily August 24, 2011 at 19:40 #

I loved this collection so much that I’m finding it hard to be objective. It does look a tad long for her, but it’s such a beautiful dress so I don’t even care.

9. sara August 24, 2011 at 19:49 #

It’s not summer in India. It’s monsoon (rainy period) right now.

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2011 at 20:28 #

Thanks that will explain things, but i would’ve liked to see her in brighter colours

• Vidhya August 25, 2011 at 18:56 #

Yes, its raining cats and dogs here but thats no excuse to wear/ruin this look.. in India, we dont jump to sombre colours as soon as its monsoon.. we still celebrate it with colours.. the length is so matronly.. i cannot understand how she got her fashion icon status!! she wears pretty dresses but she never seems to work/own them..

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2011 at 19:31 #

“in India, we dont jump to sombre colours as soon as its monsoon”

That is what I assumed, so that what made this all the more baffling

10. justme August 24, 2011 at 19:54 #

I’m pretty sure summer ends up in June in India. Right now, it’s the monsoon over there so Sonam is actually weather appropriate.
    I would have picked heels but her flats don’t bother me too much. Her hair should have been up though.

• Sukriti August 25, 2011 at 09:29 #

Even though its monsoon and she might be wearing a weather appropriate dress sonam looks so unflattering.
      Firstly her hair should have been pulled back into a bun or a ponytail coz her hair distract you frm the detail on the dress, dont even get me started on the skirt.
      The dress looks 100 times better on the model.

11. Martine August 24, 2011 at 21:38 #

Should have been a bit shorter thought :(. It’s a great dress, but a bit overwhelming without having been properly shortened….

12. NooG August 25, 2011 at 03:54 #

I think she looks dowdy. The dress is incredible but needs to be sized properly to fit her. And without the heels, she’s not doing just a fabulous dress any justice.

13. Alina August 25, 2011 at 07:05 #

I don’t know the clear reason but I have a sense of sloppiness about this look.

14. Dhanishta August 25, 2011 at 11:46 #

Sonam has a wonderful sense of fashion.I admit this isn’t one of her best looks. But I am guessing that the reason she’s wearing flats on this occaision is because she is taller than her costar, Shahid Kapoor. If she were to have worn heels she would have towered over him.

15. kiwi August 25, 2011 at 14:21 #

Love it. She looks fab. She rarely wears heels since she is really tall by Indian Standards

16. Sindhu Gururaj August 26, 2011 at 05:50 #

FC,
    She is wearing flats as she is taller than the hero of the movie Shahid Kapoor. It is monsoon currently in India and I agree with you that she should have chosen some bright colors for the preview…

17. Bindu August 26, 2011 at 14:48 #

her look doesn’t do justice to the dress…its a beautiful dress