Who Wore Farah Khan Better? Ashley Tisdale or Rutina Wesley

Ashley Tisdale chose this cream and black Farah Khan dress to attend a photocall for her movie “Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure” in Madrid back in May.

The actress looked super cute in the dress which features sheer sleeves and black embellished detailing all over.

Ashley kept her accessories minimal, opting for a pair of black patent leather YSL ‘Trib Too’ pumps and a diamond cocktail ring.

Glossy brunette waves and smoky brown eyeshadow completed Ashley’s pretty look.

Rutina Wesley wore the same dress to attend the Season 4 Premiere of ‘True Blood’ in LA in June.

The actress paired her look with a round black and silver clutch, drop earrings and nude heels with chain detailing.

My vote is definitely going to Ashley on this one. I love Rutina’s look from the ankles up but her awful shoes completely ruin it for me.

Even though Ashley’s shoe choice isn’t that exciting, I would pick them over Rutina’s any day.

Credit: Getty

Nicole Kidman's Nina Ricci Stretch Wool-Blend Crepe Jacket, Skirt & Nicholas Kirkwood Sandals

Nicole Kidman’s Nina Ricci Stretch Wool-Blend Crepe Jacket, Skirt & Nicholas Kirkwood Sandals

Zoe Saldana In Balmain - "Colombiana" Miami Screening

Zoe Saldana In Balmain – “Colombiana” Miami Screening

10 Responses to Who Wore Farah Khan Better? Ashley Tisdale or Rutina Wesley

1. Jackie August 23, 2011 at 06:18 #

This is one of those rare occasions that the plain black pump wins (and omg it’s the Tribute Too’s too!). Rutina’s sandals are awful with the dress. And I really like the way the dress hangs on Ashley!

2. Naomi August 23, 2011 at 06:21 #

Ashley may win in the shoe department by playing the boring choice, but ankles up Rutina’s look is ten times better, so overall she wins for me.

• Faellie August 23, 2011 at 07:24 #

Agreed: Ashley’s body language is uncomfortable, while Rutina looks confident and happy.

If someone doesn’t look happy in their clothes, they are not well dressed, however much the clothes cost and however well they have been styled.

3. Aideen August 23, 2011 at 08:54 #

having a serious girl crush on ashley tisdale at the mo, i want (nearly) everything she wears. how did that happen?!?

4. Carolina August 23, 2011 at 10:53 #

Neither wins for me. Ashley’s legs look like toothpicks encased in Minnie Mouse bulbuous shoes – awkward. Rutina’s shoes would work better if they were less there… but for both, there’s something off about the length of the dress.

5. Jones19 August 23, 2011 at 12:56 #

I don’t think I’ve seen uglier shoes all year, Ashley wins.

6. dee August 23, 2011 at 14:53 #

Neither one wins.

• DivaMom August 23, 2011 at 19:37 #

Agree!

7. Julie S. August 25, 2011 at 17:41 #

Rutina wins, because she’s accessorized properly, from head to toe. I personally don’t like the pattern on the dress, but the cut is cute. Confidence, a winning smile does much to forgive even a borderline ugly dress. The sandals are hip and in style, and can be worn with many other outfits. Plain Janes need to be retired to the closet, or better yet – donate them to Goodwill.

8. henwen December 23, 2011 at 21:08 #

Ashley wins for me because Rutina looks too over the top because her shoes look way too much and look quite tacky shes just over accessorized because with a dress like this it doesn’t need a lot to go with it because it should just speak for itself like when I look at Rutina i don’t notice the dress as much as i do when i look at Ashley i also think the dress looks a lot classier on Ashley because she has just let the dress be the center of attention without any of the accessories because a dress like this really doesn’t need the over the top space age shoes!