Jessica Chastain In Christian Dior Couture – “The Debt” New York Screening

Jessica Chastain attended “The Debt” New York Screening last night at the Tribeca Grand Hotel.

She opted to wear a very pretty Christian Dior Fall 2008 Couture strapless dress.

I look at Jessica in this beautiful ice blue creation and ask myself what would Charlize Theron or Marion Cotillard do?

The answer is breath a little bit more life into the look and add some stand out accessories.

I also wish she hadn’t opted for the ‘if in doubt’ nude Louboutin pumps.

Everything is really nice and pretty, but not wowed by this like I wish to be when someone dons Couture.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Mara In Christian Dior - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Kate Mara In Christian Dior – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Helen Mirren In Michael Kors - "The Debt" New York Screening

Helen Mirren In Michael Kors – “The Debt” New York Screening

17 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Christian Dior Couture – “The Debt” New York Screening

1. noo August 23, 2011 at 12:08 #

hate the shoe choice, hopefully shoerazzi would post some gorgeous shoe alternatives so we could see how far this look could have went :D i also wish she would have kept the sheer top as i love the way the sleeves look :D as pretty as jessica looks, i just don’t feel like she’s wearing dior couture!

2. Nel-Marié August 23, 2011 at 12:15 #

The original dress is so much better, i love it, its so beautiful, but Jessica does not look good at all, too plain.

• aiyu August 23, 2011 at 12:43 #

I too love the original/runway version. The version worn by Jessica is so generic.

• mol August 23, 2011 at 15:10 #

Agreed, ‘generic’ is the perfect word.

• Valeria August 24, 2011 at 08:00 #

I prefer runway version, too. Her dress look plain nice on her, but a bit too tight around the bust and please already kill those nude patent pumps, they are boring, chunky and over-worn by everybody

• Nat39 August 24, 2011 at 00:01 #

I am absolutely mesmerized by the runway look! As for Jessica`s, I have more words for hers – lifeless, static, half-dead, etc. The nude pumps in this case are killing me here – her doubt must`ve been overwhelming.

3. Jones19 August 23, 2011 at 12:27 #

So so so beautiful. I love redheads with porcelain skin in icy blue creations like this. Her hair and makeup have never looked better. The only downside are the pumps but they’re not horrible.

4. couturecoco August 23, 2011 at 12:56 #

She is a beautiful woman but have to agree she makes this dress look dull – much, much prefer the runway version – even without the head gear.

Also the bodice looks horribly painful. Shame.

5. Paddy M August 23, 2011 at 13:24 #

I think it’s gorgeous. OK, the runway vesion is certainly nicer, but I can’t imagine anyone would wear that to a low-key screening, and she’s brave for wearing couture to an event like this anyway. I think that when you take the runway version away, this dress looks stunning on her, and I’d gladly put this up for BDOTW.

6. Alina August 23, 2011 at 13:32 #

I absolutely adore the runaway version.

7. Fiona August 23, 2011 at 14:19 #

I agree with all the comments that the runway version was much better. It looks like she is wearing a vintage corset petticoat and forgotten the dress, I wish she had worn the frothy top but it may have been too much (personally I think you can never be too overdressed!). Shame about the shoes too. Hair and makeup are flawless though, beautiful with the ice blue.

8. dee August 23, 2011 at 15:08 #

She looks too plain. She needs some accessories. Where is the jewerly? If she wore the runway shoes it would have at least brought some life into this dress.

9. zoe August 23, 2011 at 20:01 #

jessica looks absolutely beautiful. classic, pretty, simple, effortless! this is actually my fave look from her. :) wish i had this dress!

10. Cheryl August 24, 2011 at 01:31 #

The dress is beautiful! Yeah hate the shoe choice, aair of strappy silver heels would have added a magical touch.

11. Rebecca Z August 24, 2011 at 03:17 #

I think you described it perfectly, FC–she pretty much always lacks pizzazz.

12. The Chic Critic August 24, 2011 at 08:42 #

She looks divine!

13. D August 24, 2011 at 09:27 #

nice dress bad shoes choice