Anne Hathaway In Alexander McQueen – “One Day” London Premiere

Anne Hathaway is London tonight for the UK Premiere of her latest move, “One Day” which was held at The Vue Westfield.

She opted to wear an Alexander McQueen Resort 2012 dress.

Our not so great British weather has been really miserable today, so I’m delighted Anne braved the elements to wear this gorgeous white tape ribbon embroidered dress.

Her head-to-toe McQueen look included a white jaw skull clutch and hazelnut whipstitch peep-toes.

The bracelets add a fun element to her look, but I do love the return to her Old Hollywood styling with the marcel waves.

I can’t think of a better way to show off that gorgeous smile than with bold pink lips which also matched her nails.

I know a lot of you have problems with tea-length dresses, so I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Mine? Perfection.

[nggallery id=957]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Peaches Geldof In Alberta Ferretti - “One Day” London Premiere

Peaches Geldof In Alberta Ferretti – “One Day” London Premiere

65 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Alexander McQueen – “One Day” London Premiere

1. Paddy M August 23, 2011 at 19:48 #

I have no problems with the length and I like the look. I would, however, love the look had she belted the dress, perhaps with a similar-coloured belt to her heels, as I don’t think they’re particularly complimentary to the dress.

2. Hermione Weasley August 23, 2011 at 19:52 #

She looks gorgeous.

3. Marvel August 23, 2011 at 19:52 #

Im bored. I like the length but the dress seems so familiar. I do love her hair like this.
    Her wearing McQueen again, reiterates what I have initially stated, that she is following Kate Middleton after gushing about Kate’s style.

• Paddy M August 23, 2011 at 19:56 #

The day Kate Middleton wears this dress will be the day I die LOL!

• molly August 23, 2011 at 21:24 #

Kate wouldnt be able to pull this off. She wears modified McQueen outfits because she cant pull anything off that requires personality.

• Marvel August 23, 2011 at 22:09 #

Oh I didnt mean Kate would wear this dress, I meant that Anne has started to wear similliar brands that Kate is wearing (Erdem and McQueen). This was after Anne has said she admires her style. Sorry for the confusion :)

• molly August 23, 2011 at 23:49 #

Oh ok.
          Well there is only one prince left, so maybe Anne is trying to get him? :P

• Elaine2 August 24, 2011 at 01:11 #

Yeah, I feel the same way you do. How on earth can Anne admire Duchess Doolittle’s “style”. Is she boring, too? LOL.

That said, quite frankly, I’m not fond of this dress. It reminds me of my grandmother’s tablecloth, I hate the clutch with the skull clasp, and I don’t care for the shoes with this ensemble at all.

The redeeming factors are 1) her hairstyle is great, and 2) her makeup is too.

• Lily August 24, 2011 at 07:24 #

Kate wears modified McQueen because she can’t have slits up to her yahoo or something too low cut. She has a few restrictions….doesn’t mean she doesn’t look fabulous in McQueen.

Anne looks fantastic. Love the dress. I love tea-length dresses when done right. Anne has the height and build to pull this off.

• AW August 24, 2011 at 15:59 #

My issue with Kate wearing McQueen has nothing to do with how she modifies it for modesty purposes. My issue with her wearing McQueen is #1 her poor choice of accessories and styling #2 not breathing life into the looks #3 The SAME basic hair and makeup whether she’s wearing a McQueen wedding gown or a skirt and blouse. Its boring ON HER.

• molly August 24, 2011 at 19:01 #

Yea, but the clothes that Kate wears dont need any modifications. They arent very daring, especilally that blue jacket she wore back in june. All she would have had to have worn was a dress under it. Honestly, she doesnt wear McQueen. She wears Sara Burton.

• artemis August 23, 2011 at 22:15 #

Same here ;-)

4. Arabian Fashionista August 23, 2011 at 19:55 #

I find no faults with this look absolutely breathtaking !!

5. Jess August 23, 2011 at 20:01 #

Beautiful! I find the length fine too, not distracting in anyway…..possibly because it is fitted then flares out slightly? If it were straight down it may look awkward.

6. mm August 23, 2011 at 20:02 #

So beautiful! BDOTW

7. Victoria August 23, 2011 at 20:07 #

Love the whole look! I think it’s perfect for Anne and she pulls it off so well, bdotw! :D

8. Henrique August 23, 2011 at 20:09 #

Absolutely gorgeous.

9. fromchi-town August 23, 2011 at 20:20 #

She looks gorgeous. But she could have chosen better shoes.

10. Thomas August 23, 2011 at 20:20 #

I love it from the knees up nothing hoped it was better from the first image I saw of the back that stopped at the base

11. Jones19 August 23, 2011 at 20:25 #

Oh my gosh I love it! I love the length, the shape of the skirt keeps it from looking boring. Love love love her in this.

12. Matt R August 23, 2011 at 20:43 #

Bellisima. I think she looks beautiful.

13. dee August 23, 2011 at 20:50 #

The dress is very pretty and it looks great on Anne. The shoes however are a let down. I don’t think the style and color of the shoes goes well with the dress.

• maria August 23, 2011 at 21:55 #

i agree. I would have wished for something more exciting on her feet.

• Elena August 23, 2011 at 21:56 #

Totally agree about the shoes. Such a let down!

• Rahel August 23, 2011 at 22:03 #

Oh yes. I hate the shoes. Beautiful shoes in red would have been perfect for it.

• PamG August 23, 2011 at 22:14 #

She does look beautiful, but I agree with all those that say she could have done different shoes. Also, I think the marcel waves look nice, but it would have been perfect if she tweaked it a bit to show the neckline of the dress better. Perhaps waves but a touseled updo?

• Nat39 August 23, 2011 at 23:05 #

It`s the style of the shoes that bothers me, isn`t quite working here.

• Nat39 August 23, 2011 at 23:14 #

…and I`d probably get rid of those bracelets, they bother me too for some reason – a bit too much/excessive, I guess – a ring and a clutch would“ve been sufficient.

14. justme August 23, 2011 at 21:22 #

The length bothers me but not enough for me to fully dislike the dress. The shoes, however, are a problem for me. She should have picked more delicate sandals, let’s put it that way.
    The pic with Jim is adorable though.

15. molly August 23, 2011 at 21:22 #

Im so happy that I like this. I have been in love with this dress since I saw it, and I was really worried it wouldnt be worn or the wrong person would wear it. She wore it perfectly.

16. Sarah M August 23, 2011 at 21:30 #

I would just like to say she looked the part at the premiere and took the time to chat with my young daughter.

• Fashion Critic August 23, 2011 at 22:00 #

How very delightful.

I bet she’s a sweetheart

17. Ally August 23, 2011 at 21:54 #

Love love love this dress and it is so perfect for her. Not crazy about the shoes though.

18. samaira August 23, 2011 at 21:54 #

Actually I agree with most of the comments here too, the shoes are a bit of a … i wont call it let down,but there is room for improvement. The dress is just soooo perfect that you expect more from those feet too, imo

19. Terry August 23, 2011 at 22:02 #

I agree with you FC, Perfection. I was waiting for someone to wear this dress from the Resort Collection and Anne does beautifully. Her hair, shoes and accessories all work so well. BDOTW Contender

20. Leo August 23, 2011 at 22:29 #

A – M – A – Z – I – N – G

21. Teleholic August 23, 2011 at 22:48 #

She looks great. She’s a good dresser. I still gush about that outfit you put on the BDOTY list, 2nd after Cate Blanchett, I think.

FC, I’m curious, what do you think about her accent in One Day if you’ve seen the movie or the trailer?

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2011 at 07:55 #

I haven’t seen it. When I have time I will check it out

22. noo August 23, 2011 at 22:50 #

she looks stunning, the length is great :D

23. Elaine August 23, 2011 at 22:57 #

Bdotw contender for me. And I’m quite partial to tea-length on the right person

24. Jacqu August 23, 2011 at 23:41 #

Love everything BUT the shoes

25. Katey August 23, 2011 at 23:47 #

For me too. Perfection.

26. Jen August 24, 2011 at 00:26 #

I like it, but the fit in the chest and back aren’t so great.

27. mj August 24, 2011 at 01:11 #

I adore tea length dresses, but this could stand to be a couple inches shorter. It looks a bit awkward. But, beautiful overall.

28. Tahj August 24, 2011 at 01:17 #

She looks beautiful and elegant without looking too princessy like she normally does.

29. Cheryl August 24, 2011 at 01:26 #

She looks beautiful ankles up. Footwear don’t go with the dress AT ALL. Anyway I find nothing wrong with Anna wearing the brands Kate wears… Nothing wrong with her being inspired by another celebrity, I mean god we are all inspired by styles from different brands/celbs right? She’s only human. Give her a break.

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2011 at 07:54 #

I agree. nothing wrong with being inspired by another celeb

30. aiyu August 24, 2011 at 01:58 #

I love tea length dresses for myself, so I’m always delighted when a celebrity makes tea length looks great, like Anne here.

31. robbie August 24, 2011 at 02:16 #

the length of the dress wouldnt be a bother if she had worn better shoes. a gorgeous dress like that deserves nicer more elegant shoes.

32. frommdq August 24, 2011 at 02:30 #

Absolutely beautiful! Love de shoes with this dress!

33. Rebecca Z August 24, 2011 at 03:25 #

thumbs up on the dress and everything else, except the shoes

34. Jackie August 24, 2011 at 05:18 #

I love the tea-lengths. I feel as though they are quite flattering! If so many people don’t like it then maybe I’m wrong… eeek! I love this on Anne and I do like the shoes — especially the color! My only gripe is the clutch… it’s white… her dress is white… it’s not working in this situation but I think I can look past that. BDOTW contender for me!

35. Erini August 24, 2011 at 06:53 #

love the length, perfection indeed!

36. Zarine Mohideen August 24, 2011 at 09:23 #

She looks gorgeous. I think tea-length dresses are so much more feminine. The short ones get a little too boring. Hate the shoes though. But pretty nevertheless.

37. Louise August 24, 2011 at 10:30 #

I love this dress on Anne and think she pulls off the length really well. The shoes aren’t great but don’t ruin the look for me. I do find her very heavy-handed with the make-up though – I think she’d look better with a lighter more natural look.

38. Gaber August 24, 2011 at 10:39 #

The dress kind of works on the model, but that’s the result of her being thin as hell and the fact that it was shot from the only good angle.
    It’s a dress needs a lot of help to make it work. It doesn’t work on Anne.

39. june August 24, 2011 at 10:59 #

it’s really funny that for once *i* have the problem with the shoes and you don’t, fc. usually it’s the other way around, lol

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2011 at 11:33 #

Lol…funny how things work out like that

40. Alina August 24, 2011 at 12:46 #

Beautiful.

41. Louise August 24, 2011 at 13:46 #

Agree, stunning. I love tea length dresses myself and wore one to my wedding. It’s all in the shoes and the attitude.

42. hauteness August 24, 2011 at 18:19 #

I loove this look on her! She definitely has the long, lean body to carry a tea-length dress..

43. jess August 25, 2011 at 07:57 #

i find this dress interesting, but it is a bummer how it makes her arms look much larger than they are. i also feel like the dressiness of her hair and makeup is a bit too fussy for those shoes and possibly the dress. also, i am so sick of seeing those skull mcqueen clutches. I would have liked this outfit with the charlotte olympia plexiglass square clutch and maybe even the white satin charlotte olympia platform pumps. and about all of the kate middleton comments, i totally agree that the mqueen outfits she wears are quite boring on her, she should really change up her hair styles and accessories so we could much more enjoy seeing her in such fab. clothing.

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2011 at 08:05 #

yes, the Olympia clutch would’ve been perfect here

44. Fee August 25, 2011 at 13:12 #

I love the dress although I agree having seen these pics that it is actually not the most flattering fit on her. I don’t like the shoes with it and and in photos I saw on another site, you can clearly see that they are way too big for her.

45. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang October 25, 2012 at 17:37 #

Anne Hathaway is simply a total knockout by wearing this calf length ivory lace trimmed dress by
    Alexander McQueen!! We are obsessed by her side swept waves and pink lipstick, don’t forget the gorgeous pair of hazelnut peep toe heels!! She’s stunned to perfection!! Jim Sturgess is one lucky man to have Anne as his perfect arm candy!!