Julianne Moore In Bottega Veneta – “What’s On The Table” Event

Julianne Moore was one of the guest speakers at ‘What’s On The Table’ event which was held at a Private Residence in New York City this weekend.

The actress, who tends to favour Lanvin and Tom Ford for her red carpet appearances, opted for a look from the Bottega Veneta Resort 2012 collection on this occasion.

Her nude, black and orange colour block dress was paired with ankle strap snake-skin wedges.

It’s great to see Julianne in something more colourful, but I don’t like nude underlay poking out from the under the hemline.

An updo, barely there make-up and Bvlgari jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Allison Williams In Chloé - The Hollywood Reporter’s Emmy Party

Allison Williams In Chloé – The Hollywood Reporter’s Emmy Party

Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung - Flaunt Magazine And Gypsy 05 Present "The Neo-Golden Age"

Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung – Flaunt Magazine And Gypsy 05 Present “The Neo-Golden Age”

14 Responses to Julianne Moore In Bottega Veneta – “What’s On The Table” Event

1. june August 22, 2011 at 11:07 #

i wish the underlay didn’t poke out either because the shoes are *amazing* with this dress

2. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ August 22, 2011 at 11:30 #

It looks much better on the model. It looks so “straight” on Julianne. She has a good figure, she should show it off instead of wearing something like this. I do love the colors though.

3. Jones19 August 22, 2011 at 12:02 #

I like it on her but some things could be better, like the nude fabric poking out at the bottom. It looks better on the model because she’s flat chested too.

4. Alina August 22, 2011 at 12:11 #

I like it.

5. Nia August 22, 2011 at 13:55 #

I like this too, apart from the fabric peeking out. Her legs look nice and the shoes actually work very well with the overall look here.

6. Lola August 22, 2011 at 15:07 #

I don’t think this look fits her at all. She is a stunningly gorgeous mature woman… Why on earth she chose this style of dress – beats me…

7. From Russia With Love August 22, 2011 at 15:11 #

She is one of the most beautiful actresses in the world but, god, she can kill any outfit. She chooses really interesting options but they always wash her out and she looks blah. I have never seen her on red carpet looking exceptional but in every movie I watch with her she really does. I don’t know what’s the problem :(

8. dee August 22, 2011 at 15:30 #

I like that she liked to chances and wear interesting clothes but somehow they just don’t work on her. This dress does nothing for her figure and the nude lining peeking through is unfortunate.

9. mol August 22, 2011 at 15:37 #

I love Julianna’s choice of shoes with this dress, but I just don’t love the way everything comes together on her – the nude underlay poking out, the shape and the length is getting too short on someone her age……too often, she manages to look a little off and rumpled on the R.C. As an actress though, she’s a favorite of mine.

• Rebecca Z August 22, 2011 at 16:09 #

I really agree–as do lots of other folks judging from the posts. I think her hair also is wrong for this dress and really ages her in this picture. I have sympathy for her, though–some of us just end up looking rumpled.

• mm August 22, 2011 at 19:24 #

LOL, You would think this dress would work, it’s very simple. But it doesnt. Not a fan of her RC choice either. I love the shoes!!

• maria August 22, 2011 at 20:50 #

i totally agree with your post.

10. Nat39 August 23, 2011 at 00:02 #

Ugly shapeless, unflattering, too short, washed out…absolutely WRONG choice for her, including hair and makeup, the shoes and the dress work well together but NOT ON HER.

11. CTgirl March 8, 2012 at 13:55 #

Julianne is too old to wear a dress this short. A little longer, a little nipped in at the waist and no visible lining and she would have a winner.