18.08.11

‘Glee’ For Vogue US September 2011

The cast of ‘Glee’ sported a black, white, red and silver theme for their American Vogue September 2011 editorial which was shot by Norman Jean Roy.

Lea Michele was of course front and center in the picture wearing B Brian Atwood Liese metallic peep toe ankle boots with a silver Balmain Fall 2011 dress which we’ve seen on Leighton Meester during the 2011 MTV Movie Awards.

Heather Morris wore a star print Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2011 fur trimmed coat with Nina Ricci Fall 2011 heels.

Jenna Ushkowitz wore a red cowl-neck Ohne Titel Fall 2011 dress and Dianna Agron wore a Marc Jacobs Fall 2011 ensemble which included a paillette covered skirt.

Amber Riley and Naya Rivera are most noticeably absent.

Vogue has chosen the Gleeks to be spokespeople for this year’s Fashion’s Night Out.

Credit: Style.com & Vogue.com

Celebrity Valentino Dresses On Saks.com

Celebrity Valentino Dresses On Saks.com

In Keira Knightley's Closet - Valentino Silk Feather Dress

In Keira Knightley’s Closet – Valentino Silk Feather Dress

24 Responses to ‘Glee’ For Vogue US September 2011

1. Marvel August 18, 2011 at 16:13 #

LOL. I never noticed that some were photo shopped. I know its obvious but Lea is my fav here,

2. From Russia With Love August 18, 2011 at 16:13 #

Darren Criss *blush*

3. mikeijames August 18, 2011 at 16:24 #

“Amber Riley and Naya Rivera are most noticeably absent…I don’t see why they were not photoshopped into the picture like Chord Overstreet, Ashley Fink, Cory Monteith and Mark Salling clearly were.”

my thoughts exactly. i would honestly like to know the reason behind this. i’m not buying the “sick on the day” claptrap.

4. Colleen August 18, 2011 at 16:31 #

What is with the different color background between Heather and Chris’ legs? I expected better from Vogue.

It is my understanding that noone was photo shopped in and that Naya and Amber where unable to attend the photo shoot. Why they just didn’t reschedule is beyond me – Chord isn’t even a cast member anymore.

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2011 at 16:35 #

I was sick as a dog on the day of my Vogue shoot.

It’s Vogue and unless you are Blake Lively you don’t get many opportunities to be featured in their magazine so you make the effort.

I find it hard to believe they had something better to do with all due respect to them.

When the Priestess calls you go and pray :D

• Dani August 19, 2011 at 00:39 #

Yeah, the different background bit is truely awful! Cory and Mark are obviously photoshopped in as their heads are so much smaller. Also Lea Michelle (who looks great) is super tiny, yet as tall as everyone else here.

5. Emma August 18, 2011 at 16:33 #

These people are in my opinion not fashionable enough to be spokeperseons for FNO.

I know Lea is “the star” of the show but come on they could at least be subtle about it.

But all in all it’s a pretty picture

6. Alina August 18, 2011 at 16:50 #

Ugly pic.

7. robbie August 18, 2011 at 16:56 #

so bored of glee and the whole cast. especially lea, the shoot is terrible it looks more like a halloween shoot than a fun shoot. also why do some of their heads appear to be tiny kevin and dianna for example.

• molly August 18, 2011 at 17:19 #

I think that the media over did it. Especially last year when they were on the cover of GQ. They acted like it was a huge scandal, even when the actors are well into their 20′s.

8. Tatiana August 18, 2011 at 17:11 #

To be honest, I’m only excited over Darren Criss & Harry Shum in this picture. They’re the only ones working it ;).

• Tatiana August 18, 2011 at 17:11 #

Oh, and Dianna too, WERK IT GURL.

9. molly August 18, 2011 at 17:18 #

Lea looks really cute in that dress. I wish she would have worn it on the red carpet.

10. reese August 18, 2011 at 17:26 #

Naya was ill on the day of this photoshoot. As for Amber, I am unsure of the reasons why she couldn’t attend. They shot this during the European leg of their summer tour and rescheduling could not be done due to the cast’s time restraints.

As someone mentioned, no one was photoshopped in. It’s just a case of overextension with the photoshop hand. You can see the promo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imHxAtOQn8I

• Carmen August 25, 2011 at 03:26 #

I was going to post this. LOL.

11. Paddy M August 18, 2011 at 17:31 #

Not one person in the Glee cast has anything to do with fashion. In fact, I wish the majority of them had nothing to do with singing or acting, but I seem to be in the minority on all of the above topics.

I hate it when Anna Wintour succumbs to cheap celebrity culture at the expense of fashion. American Vogue is supposed to be one of the premier fashion magazines in the world. How often do you see pop culture personalities on the cover of French or Italian Vogue?

• Julie August 18, 2011 at 19:24 #

I’m over Glee as well. I was never into it, but I’m just tired of hearing about it.

• Sarah August 19, 2011 at 07:09 #

AMEN AMEN AMEN!! I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID! I AM HIGHLY CONSIDERING NOT BUYING AMERICAN VOGUE ANYMORE.

12. mol August 18, 2011 at 19:10 #

Glee’s feel good moment has come and gone so I’m not sure why vogue is getting on the band wagon at this late date….The photo looks kinda sappy to me – I’m not trying to be negative as I do hope several of Glee’s cast will go on to greater things once this show is over.

13. Amber August 18, 2011 at 19:30 #

What a hideous “photo”. Can they pretend to be anymore hipster? And poor Jenna looks like she’s playing dress-up in her grandma’s clothing. That dress looks nothing like it does on the runway.

• Isa August 19, 2011 at 16:03 #

I agree!! I love Glee but I hated everything bout this pic..

14. Cashawna August 18, 2011 at 19:30 #

one word horrible… they dont even look fashionable okay they are all wearing red, white and black to look cohesif dont know if i spell that right. i dont watch the show either its boring

15. Giuseppi Giraffe August 18, 2011 at 22:59 #

Not so good. Leah looks pretty (those balmain dresses with BOTH sleeves are great) but the graphic editing is very obvious in this shot.

16. Anne G August 23, 2011 at 01:10 #

I like this picture — it is fun!