17.08.11

Julianne Moore In Jason Wu – “The Big Lebowski” Blu-Ray Release

Julianne Moore was at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City for “The Big Lebowski” Blu-Ray Release event yesterday.

She wore a custom Jason Wu dress.

The black 3/4 length sleeve knit dress is accented with an oversized ivory organza bow.

This custom look is very Julianne, chic, understated and elegant with a signature feminine Wu touch via the ivory bow.

I love Julianne’s accessories which include Tabitha Simmons leopard ‘Bailee’ heels, a quilted clutch and diamond earrings.

The only thing I’m not crazy about is the hair which makes her look like a chic librarian.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Alberta Ferreti Better? Fan Bing Bing or Elisabeth Moss

Who Wore Alberta Ferreti Better? Fan Bing Bing or Elisabeth Moss

Laura Haddock In D&G - "The Inbetweeners Movie" World Premiere

Laura Haddock In D&G – “The Inbetweeners Movie” World Premiere

16 Responses to Julianne Moore In Jason Wu – “The Big Lebowski” Blu-Ray Release

1. Alina August 17, 2011 at 12:09 #

Love! It’s chic and smart.

• maria August 17, 2011 at 16:03 #

i also like it a lot. I agree though about the hair. Maybe a high ponytail to loosen the look a bit.

2. Giuseppi Giraffe August 17, 2011 at 12:32 #

don’t like the bow, rest is nice

3. Jen August 17, 2011 at 12:49 #

The bow makes this look like a clown outfit.

4. CreoleLady August 17, 2011 at 13:21 #

Ankle straps, again. At least the straps are thinner and the print animal (I love animal prints in small doses).

Julianne Moore is someone who I want to love on the red carpet. She is elegant and classy. But given all of her assets (plus in this instance a custom dress by Wu), my feeling when I see her on the red carpet is usually one of faint disappointment.

• Parvati August 17, 2011 at 13:53 #

I agree. She has an interesting sense of style, but still, I find most of her appearances rather boring. I like the shoes on this occasion, though.

5. robbie August 17, 2011 at 13:38 #

she looks like a headmistress. love the shoes though.

6. jui ho August 17, 2011 at 14:17 #

…….. the SARAH PALIN effect? hmm

7. The.Shoe.Freak August 17, 2011 at 14:32 #

I think she looks refined and elegant, and age appropriate. Glamour and beauty at its best. People should definitely take notes.

• PamG August 18, 2011 at 03:24 #

I agree with your sentiments, and with FC about liking her accessories. Ms. Haddock should have worn earrings slike hers wtih her D&G gown. Julianne’s hair is a bit librarian, but with the highneckline, what would have worked?

8. dee August 17, 2011 at 14:42 #

This look is just alright. Something isn’t quite meshing together.

9. Rebecca Z August 17, 2011 at 15:19 #

This very demure choice seems odd for the release of the blu-ray for this particular film which is so…anti-establishment to use a very dated expression. I agree with the other commentors–I like her a lot and I think she has much class and style, but I often feel disappointed by her looks. It is like she needs an editor.

10. Nia August 17, 2011 at 16:05 #

I think she looks beautiful here, I really like this look on her and I don’t mind the bow at all. Maybe it would have been nicer with her hair let down, but I still think the look works overall.
    And I find in this case, for some strange reason, the ankle straps don’t make her legs look unflattering like they usually do – they actually make them look quite nice.

Overall I am really pleased with her look here – I saw some more pics of her on The Daily Mail and she looked so gorgeous, she was glowing, laughing and having a really great time. Love her!

11. Jones19 August 17, 2011 at 17:51 #

It’s very stuffy, something a librarian would wear…the shoes aren’t enough to perk it up for me.

12. laura D August 17, 2011 at 19:47 #

The bow is too much for my taste… and would have preferred a ponytail or some more fun hairstyle.

13. Letchik August 18, 2011 at 15:24 #

I hate the bigggggggggggg bow!!!