16.08.11 Premiere

Vera Farmiga In Stella McCartney – “Higher Ground” New York Premiere

It’s been a while since we last saw Vera Farmiga, but she took to the red carpet for her “Higher Ground” New York Premiere last night at the AMC Loews 19th Street East 6 Theater.

She opted to wear a simple chic Stella McCartney Fall 2011 dress.

It made be hard to see, but her sleeveless dress has a black velvet panel on the fluted skirt.

Black strappy Gianvito Rossi sandals and smoky eyes completed her look.

Despite this being a heavy black dress with a velvet panel worn in summer on the red carpet, I can’t deny how incredibly chic Vera looks in this dress.

This look would’ve been greatly improved with a sparkling Swarovski clutch.

Credit: Getty

Celebrities Love...Dolce & Gabbana's Snow Leo Print

Celebrities Love…Dolce & Gabbana’s Snow Leo Print

Sidewalk Style: Zoe Saldana's L’Agence Dress & Givenchy Coney Shoulder Bag

Sidewalk Style: Zoe Saldana’s L’Agence Dress & Givenchy Coney Shoulder Bag

7 Responses to Vera Farmiga In Stella McCartney – “Higher Ground” New York Premiere

1. Rebecca Z August 16, 2011 at 16:35 #

I like this dress on her, but think the length calls for a higher heel. I agree, FC, she needs some sparkle somewhere!

• maria August 16, 2011 at 17:09 #

i agree about the length. Either shorter skirt or higher heels. This could have done with some nice earrings, statement necklace, belt….something.

2. Paddy M August 16, 2011 at 17:49 #

So chic. I normally don’t like all-black looks on the red carpet, but Vera looks smoking hot here!

3. Jones19 August 16, 2011 at 18:02 #

This looks chic but desperately needs some sparkle or a pop of color. Love her hair and makeup here.

4. AW August 16, 2011 at 18:09 #

I’m bored to death. There’s very little fashion about this look. It almost says “I gave up and this was easy”.

Also it appears that her toenails are unpolished and that is my personal pet peeve. If you’re going to wear open toes at least put on a clear coat.

5. Alina August 17, 2011 at 05:56 #

This would have been perfect in October.
    Love her make-up.

6. Parvati August 17, 2011 at 12:35 #

I totally agree with you. When I saw a close-up of her, I thought “oh, another boring black dress”, but when I saw full-length photos, I really liked how chic Vera Farmiga looked in that dress and what a nice silhouette it gave her. The only thing I’d change is the shoes. They’re not bad, but a pair of strappy sandals, especially if they were sparkly, would have driven the look to perfection.