Karen Gillan In French Connection – Dr Who Screening

Karen Gillan was spotted on her way to the Dr Who preview screening in London yesterday.

The red haired beauty wore a French Connection ‘Shelbys’ summer maxi dress.

Her pleated dress is a gorgeous affordable red carpet look.

Unfortunately Karen’s dress wasn’t as long as the model’s because we can see her scuffed black boots which disappointingly wore with her dress.

Her delicate nude dress – which totally washes her out – deserved better shoes.

Credit: Xposure

In Brittany Snow's Closet - French Connection Glitter Dress

In Brittany Snow’s Closet – French Connection Glitter Dress

Celebrities Love...Dolce & Gabbana's Snow Leo Print

Celebrities Love…Dolce & Gabbana’s Snow Leo Print

20 Responses to Karen Gillan In French Connection – Dr Who Screening

1. Jones19 August 16, 2011 at 13:19 #

I’m sad, I adore Karen and her style but those boots are too much. I will never understand why women choose to wear clunky black combat-type boots with delicate light dresses. I can understand black pumps because they’re kind of a safety blanket, if you don’t know what goes with your dress a black pump is a safe option…but boots like these? Really? I’m baffled.

• Fashion Critic August 16, 2011 at 13:50 #

you and me both.

• JessCar August 16, 2011 at 15:50 #

It only works with a shorter dress, there was a shoot with one of the T4 girls who wore the short version of this dress with army boots and and a leather jacket and it looked amazing. Not here though :(

• Rahel August 16, 2011 at 16:41 #

The boots are killing this look.

• goldfish August 16, 2011 at 22:51 #

looove boots with pretty dresses

2. robbie August 16, 2011 at 13:32 #

she always wears such lovely dresses but she always pairs them with such ugly shoes.

3. Mahima August 16, 2011 at 13:37 #

God that dress is gorgeous. Its a shame it was wasted.

4. AW August 16, 2011 at 14:32 #

The dress is truly awful on her. The color problem is obvious but the shape is unflattering as well.

Shame on her for those shoes. Designers should think twice about sending her clothes if she’s going to bastardize them with such bad shoes choices.

5. Eva August 16, 2011 at 14:41 #

I just place my hand over the boots and try to fantasize her wearing different shoes. But that nightmare won’t be leaving me for a long time. Such a shame about the dress.

6. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ August 16, 2011 at 14:48 #

I usually don’t like it when the dress seems to be just a liiittle too short, but here I think it looks pretty cool!

7. Moxie August 16, 2011 at 15:21 #

That color just washes her out. And the shoes… awful.

8. Cheryl August 16, 2011 at 16:34 #

The dress is beautiful! But ankle boots is just blah, sandals will be perfect if she’s trying not to look too formal!

9. Anissa August 16, 2011 at 17:07 #

Is there any chance that she’s got other shoes in her bag and just wearing those for the comfort on the way there?

10. andrea August 16, 2011 at 17:10 #

Are you sure she wasn’t making her way to the premier in those shoes? Did she really wear those fugly combat boots on the red carpet? Shame on her…. that is NOT the right way to do edgy-chic, that dress is far too delicate for those boots.

11. Jamie August 16, 2011 at 18:09 #

I dunno… I actually kinda like it. Gives the dress a bit of character

12. Parvati August 17, 2011 at 12:26 #

That dress with those shoes… really?

13. slashdot August 17, 2011 at 13:50 #

Seriously, it’s like she doesn’t even own a different pair of boots. Every time I’ve seen her she’s wearing these horrible boots. Somebody should really tell her that this is not edgy or something like a signature, it’s just plain ugly and sloppy!