Olivia Wilde In Gucci – “Cowboys And Aliens” London Premiere

Dear Olivia, in the words of Marvin Gaye, “What’s going on?”

Tonight at the “Cowboys & Aliens” London Premiere, Olivia Wilde continues to prove that the studio were wrong to leave Ana de la Reguera at home.

Olivia follows in Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston’s footsteps by consistently wearing black during this lacklustre promo tour.

The actress wore a black polka dot printed silk chiffon Gucci Fall 2011 gown with a white polka dot bow detail and a black belt.

If you don’t like it from the front, you’re going to hate it from the side because there is a lot of side boob going on.

I’m shocked that her hairstylist is continuing to use that dry ratty ombre weave because it’s doing nothing for her.

This could’ve been a great look without the bow detail and the weave because her make-up is flawless.

Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps completed her look.

I used to be really excited to see Olivia on the red carpet but that feeling continues to wane.

[nggallery id=949]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Abigail Spencer In Peter Som - 10th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree

Abigail Spencer In Peter Som – 10th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree

Lauren Conrad In Alice + Olivia - Alice + Olivia Shoe Launch Party

Lauren Conrad In Alice + Olivia – Alice + Olivia Shoe Launch Party

37 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Gucci – “Cowboys And Aliens” London Premiere

1. annie August 11, 2011 at 22:55 #

get it together girlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,
    shes better than this, she knows she can do better,

2. Camille August 11, 2011 at 22:55 #

I really don’t like this look. It’s like fussy librarian mates with a conservative secretary. Ick.

“dry ratty ombre weave” I love you FC lmao

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2011 at 22:57 #

;*

3. Verena August 11, 2011 at 22:55 #

Everybody jump on the Gucci bandwagon!

I don’t mind the sideboob but I prefer the runway version’s sheer skirt. I mean, if you do the sheer thing, do it properly.

Yep, the hair. Ugh. But I don’t even like the make-up. I think it’s too harsh, almost a bit clownish. She doesn’t look real.

• Gaber August 12, 2011 at 08:11 #

These dresses were MEANT to be see-though. If you are too much of a pussy to do it right – then wear something else.

• justme August 15, 2011 at 19:11 #

Mte. With these sheer skirts, you have to go hard or go home.

• Naama August 12, 2011 at 10:52 #

it’s even worse imo because the sheer skirt keeps it from looking heavy. On Olivia I feel the dress is too heavy, almost looks like its size is too big for her (but it is not).

• maria August 12, 2011 at 15:28 #

i totally agree with you girls. The sheer skirt ties everything together and makes it look ethereal (ish).
      I actually do like this dress a lot as presented on the runway. I also wonder if she has the height to pull it off.

I also dislike the hair.

4. Francesca August 11, 2011 at 22:55 #

I actually find myself liking this look. :)

• Jacque August 12, 2011 at 04:26 #

SAME! I kind of loved it, I wished she wore the skirt sheer though, but maybe she thought the sideboob and the sheer skirt would make her too exposed.

5. samaira August 11, 2011 at 22:56 #

Yup, this is BAD at many levels!

6. CreoleLady August 11, 2011 at 22:57 #

Ewww.

7. Hermoine August 11, 2011 at 23:03 #

No……just say NO

8. mol August 11, 2011 at 23:23 #

Dear F.C. – you are sooooo right!

9. Marvel August 11, 2011 at 23:30 #

Normally I would say because the movie flopped she just isnt trying, but I get the feeling she is trying but she is failing, REALLY badly.
    There is not one good thing about this look

10. Paddy M August 11, 2011 at 23:32 #

Poor girl. She has everything working in her favour naturally – tall, slim, stunning bone structure – so how the hell does she keep messing it up? How come larger girls like Gabby Sidibe, Melissa McCarthy and Queen Latifah can look so much better when it is so much harder for them to find flattering clothes. And it’s not even a case of a girl who doesn’t have the red carpet presence to pull these looks off – Olivia just picks bad looks in every department.

• Tamia August 11, 2011 at 23:54 #

um think you’re overreacting if you look back on Olivia’s style you will see that it’s just been a bad run for her this summer..normally her style is stunning

11. Tamia August 11, 2011 at 23:40 #

This is the first time I’ve ever disagreed with you FC-I think she looks fantastic!she’s done a lot of “little house on the prairie” looks on this tour though?!lol

12. Luiza August 11, 2011 at 23:41 #

Oh cmon guys, I don’t think she looks THAT bad. I mean, I actually like this look. She’s one of the few women who can put off this look, beacuse she’s tall enough for it. I like it, it has a vintage inspiration that i love. And I also love the red lips

13. Hilary August 12, 2011 at 00:01 #

I LOVE the dress. Maybe not for a premiere though, it’s more like something you’d wear to a store opening (preferably a Gucci store opening!), but I think it’s fab. The lipstick is gorgeous too. Her cheekbones are to die for!

14. Hisadora August 12, 2011 at 00:05 #

I quite like this look, the dress is ok but her make up is fantastic.

15. Jen August 12, 2011 at 00:30 #

might have been better if she hadn’t gont with the modified lined skirt.

16. doc August 12, 2011 at 00:40 #

Like I said before, this collection has been worked to death. We have been seeing the best pieces for the last 6 months. This has got to be one of Frida’s most successful seasons and I never would have thought the see-through no-pants look would have caught fire like it did on the red carpet. But now it’s over it’s worn out, stylists please pick something from another show. Oh and yeah, this does look terrible. Looks like a confused hooker grandma.

17. mari August 12, 2011 at 00:54 #

I suspect she has more dresses like this in her traveling suitcase for all this promo tour. long, with an old vibe and black, and for the photocalls… gues what? more black!!! well, that was difficult.

18. mari August 12, 2011 at 00:55 #

Oops, I didn’t finish. There are many stunning black dresses, and she is letting us down, since she sometimes has chosen amazing gowns. I hope she has something up her sleeve.

19. noo August 12, 2011 at 03:50 #

her fashion choices have been off lately, and what’s with the lipstick !?

20. gabis August 12, 2011 at 04:10 #

I love Olivia’s style, but yep, I can’t deny she’s been very disappointing lately.
    The runway dress is amazing, I don’t know why she opted to have it changed to this boring version..
    Also, I will have to go against the flow to say that I dont like her makeup as well. I think the model’s deep berry lips are way more complimentary to the dress. Plus, I think Olivia looks better with soft/neutral make up.

21. pipsqueak August 12, 2011 at 04:15 #

She looked terrible. She’s also totally overrated. Olivia Wilde = Katherine Heigl = actress with average talent from an ensemble cast of a popular TV show now trying to engineer a movie career while cranking up the red carpet hype machine.

22. Emi August 12, 2011 at 06:40 #

Perfect make up, awful hair, the dress is not that beautiful, maybe with another hairstyle it could have been a hit but it’s a miss. I don’t mind the “side boob” because she has small breasts and she’s not vulgar at all.

23. Alina August 12, 2011 at 06:47 #

Someone needs to give her some Marchesa . ASAP !

24. kiwi August 12, 2011 at 08:05 #

Dislike

25. Lara August 12, 2011 at 14:38 #

What happened to the Olivia Wilde from People’s Choice ’09 and Golden Globes ’09????

26. Jones19 August 12, 2011 at 14:42 #

Why is she dressing like an 80 year old?

27. cscn August 12, 2011 at 17:11 #

I didn’t even recognise her when I first saw this picture (usually her eyes really drag me in). I don’t know if it’s because her lips are overshadowing her eyes, or because the hair and make up don’t go together. Either way, I hate it. Also, the only thing that keep the sheer side-boob from not being a noticeably stand-out (and in this case, out-of-place) detail was the sheer skirt. I just… I don’t understand this look. At all.

28. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ August 12, 2011 at 18:22 #

I agree with Verena. Don’t mind the sideboob, prefer the runway version’s sheer skirt, and I don’t like the harsch makeup (well, I like the lipstick, but not the eye makeup).

29. Todd August 13, 2011 at 00:23 #

First time comment-er, but why did she even wear a “front” to her dress, since we can see the remainder of her breast. Also, I HATE to say this, since you like her makeup – but it kind of looks drag-queen-ish to me. SORRY!!

30. cookie August 13, 2011 at 03:22 #

her makeup is perfect but wth is up w/ her dress? she kinda looks like a school teacher tryna be sexy too…