11.08.11

Kate Moss For Vogue US September 2011

Kate Moss graces the cover of American Vogue’s September 2011 issue wearing a modified Alexander McQueen Fall 2011 dress.

The issue takes you inside her summer wedding to musician Jamie Hince.

This editorial is a mix of sexy pictures ranging from Kate with her husband wearing Rodarte in a forest to candids of the happy couple and their wedding day.

There are a few pictures below. To see more go to Vogue.com.

Here are some extracts from Kate’s interview with Hamish Bowles:

After a romantic trip to Thailand two years into their relationship: “We were just so loved up, and he asked me to marry him every day.”

On the day Kate finally said yes whilst watching the documentary series Big Fat Gypsy Weddings: “I am so romantic about Gypsies. They’re not allowed to do anything until they get married. So they all get married really young, at sixteen. You can’t believe the dresses. They’re like blinging butterflies times ten; they can’t move down the aisle! It’s so genius. I was just watching Jamie, so cute, and I was like, these girls, they just spend their whole life waiting for that day—let’s do it!”

On her dream wedding: “I wanted it to be kind of dreamy and 1920s, when everything is soft-focus. The Great Gatsby. The code name was GG for a while. That light and that kind of fun decadence. It’s rock-’n’-roll Great Gatsby!”

John Galliano on designing Kate’s wedding dress: “She dared me to be John Galliano again. I couldn’t pick up a pencil. It’s been my creative rehab.”

Credit: Mario Testino for Vogue

Beyonce Knowles In Vrettos Vrettakos Couture - Brit Awards 2014

Beyonce Knowles In Vrettos Vrettakos Couture – Brit Awards 2014

Diane Kruger In Jason Wu - 10th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree

Diane Kruger In Jason Wu – 10th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree

22 Responses to Kate Moss For Vogue US September 2011

1. Alina August 11, 2011 at 10:46 #

Stunning cover .

I adore the photo of her with the little girls.

2. A August 11, 2011 at 10:47 #

Stunning!

3. Vera August 11, 2011 at 10:55 #

FINALLY a model on a US VOGUE cover.

Breathtaking.

To me, Kate’s wedding was the only true wedding of the season. Kate and William, Alber and Charlene… Kate and Jamie were real newlyweds.

• Eloquence08 August 11, 2011 at 16:16 #

AGREED, when I saw it I thought “YES, the return of the supermodel cover”. Thank you Vogue.

4. Kate August 11, 2011 at 11:11 #

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G
    Pure fabulousness and pure Kate is dripping off every photograph.

5. D August 11, 2011 at 11:16 #

wow

6. Irene Boeijinga August 11, 2011 at 11:37 #

Next month we stay at the Cotswolds.
    As a subscriber for many years I will take the september issue with me. Stunning pictures and fantastic county.
    Irene Boeijinga The Netherlands

7. roxana August 11, 2011 at 11:43 #

very beautiful photos!

8. LOLA August 11, 2011 at 12:27 #

WOW!!!!I must say that for this one, Anna deserve a hug!
    THE COVER=OMG!
    A MODEL ON A COVER=OMG²
    JOHN GALLIANO in VOGUE= OMG

AN HISTORICAL ISSUE!!!!! I’ll buy it!!!

9. vicky August 11, 2011 at 12:31 #

As well as Kate, Kelly Osbourne looks really gorgeous! (in Vogue’s slideshow)

10. fromchi-town August 11, 2011 at 14:25 #

Wow – I am not a big fan of her, but she sure looks great. And the photos are fabulous. I actually cannot pick a fav… I love them all.

• dee August 11, 2011 at 15:34 #

Same here.

11. Verena August 11, 2011 at 15:25 #

The idea of covering Kate’s wedding sounded good on paper but it could easily have been quite meh. This, however, is spectacular! Letting Testino do the the job was a no-brainer but he really made it what it is. Sales are sure going to be through the roof!

(And I love how Anna starts the ‘rehabilitation of John Galliano’ in the process.)

12. mol August 11, 2011 at 15:40 #

Spectacular, and I’m so remote from a magazine store right now, oh no!!!

13. Raquel August 11, 2011 at 16:26 #

Amaaaazing.

14. Tatiana August 11, 2011 at 16:55 #

She’s never looked more stunning <3! Her idea for the wedding sounds exactly like I'd want my own wedding to be :'). I love all the pics, as well as her & Jamie together!

15. molly August 11, 2011 at 21:15 #

My only problem with this is how much photoshop was used. Sorry, but shes not that pretty anymore and her look is VERY severe naturally. She not all light and delicate like they made her look.
    I love the second and third photos though.

• molly August 11, 2011 at 21:17 #

P.S.- Dont you love how when most celebs are having their wedding photos in People or OK, Kates are in the September issue of Vogue? lol

16. Carmen August 11, 2011 at 22:05 #

Kate is the perfect cover girl for the September issue! Even though I despise Mr. Galliano’s prejudice ways, you have to admit: the man’s a genius. Kate’s wedding dress was absolutely amazing. I love that she’s smiling from ear to ear in her wedding pictures too!

17. pipsqueak August 12, 2011 at 04:30 #

YES, finally a real supermodel on the cover of US Vogue! A model that doesn’t bother to grin in front of the camera. A model that’s more high-fashion and artsy than downright commercial and smiling-like-a-calendar-girl (McPherson, Klum, Bundchen and all the Victoria Secret models).

18. hally August 12, 2011 at 11:23 #

kate has never been my favorite model, but it looks like she had a lovely wedding. her dress and the wedding party’s dresses were lovely, as was the styling of everything, really. all very soft and natural and romantic, its just completely perfect and picturesque. best of all it seems like it really fit her personality well and she was able to really enjoy herself. may every bride be as lucky!

19. Tahj August 12, 2011 at 23:28 #

Rock and Roll Great Gatsby. She’s obsessed with recreating those eras, the roaring 20s decadence and the late 60s. I was looking through Brigitte Bardot’s looks and realized Kate Moss basically copies Brigitte Bardot’s late 60s style. She’s not original at all!