Nina Garcia In Lanvin & Heidi Klum In Roland Mouret – Project Runway Season 9

Nina Garcia and Heidi Klum have upped the fashion ante on Season 9 of Project Runway.

Last week Nina was stunning wearing a Lanvin strapless dress from the Fall 2011 collection with a sparkling crystal floral detail just below the cut-out on the bodice.

Some of you might consider Nina to be slightly overdressed, but I have to say I love the look.

It’s perfect for a show which is all about showcasing fashion.

Heidi opted for Roland Mouret Macha stretch dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

The fitted sleeveless dress with artful folds around the neckline is let down by the grey pumps.

Heidi has had some inspiring footwear choices in the past, but this is not one of them.

I’m also not a fan of the bright red lips with her fuchsia pink dress.

Credit: Style.com & Barbara Nitke/MyLifetime

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Vionnet - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Vionnet – The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

"The Help" LA Premiere Red Carpet Round Up

“The Help” LA Premiere Red Carpet Round Up

19 Responses to Nina Garcia In Lanvin & Heidi Klum In Roland Mouret – Project Runway Season 9

1. Vidhya August 10, 2011 at 16:24 #

I’m waiting for next week’s episode where Kim Kardashian has already been photographed flashing her undies. What do u think of her judging project runway, FC?

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2011 at 16:49 #

I’m based in the UK so I don’t get to see the show.

Kim judging is clearly a joke

• Moxie August 10, 2011 at 17:08 #

I wish it were a joke.

• Thomas August 10, 2011 at 17:18 #

first Gimbattista Valli FW11 now Lanvin FW11 maybe couture by the finale?!?! And Kim K is on it next week she is a judge for the outdoor show which ive heard is closer to the finale which was filmed last night and Georgina Chapman is one of the guest judges!!!

2. fromchi-town August 10, 2011 at 16:26 #

I watched the show and have to say FC, that I loved Heidi’s look. I agree about the shoes, but the red lippie looked great with the pink dress. I was like wow! cos she usually doesn’t do so much color on the show.

• Aduomi August 10, 2011 at 17:05 #

Agreed. She looked great!

• dee August 10, 2011 at 18:52 #

I agree. I like the dress with her lip color. The shoes could have been better.

• Valeria August 11, 2011 at 09:37 #

I love dress and lip color even on picture! I think grey shoes look ok as well

3. Megan August 10, 2011 at 17:05 #

I totally agree with FC re: Heidi’s look. Beautiful dress, but with make up that severe, especially the lip color, it totally distracts. It’s one look on her face and another look with the dress – too disconnected for me, and a little too ‘Dallas’ or ‘Dynasty.’

4. Moxie August 10, 2011 at 17:06 #

I wish you could watch the show, FC. I value your fashion opinions. Some really good designers have come off the show, like Christian Sirriano.

• Moxie August 10, 2011 at 17:10 #

Wanted to add — both Nina and Heidi look great. I don’t think they are overdressed at all.

Is guest judge Stacey Bendet from Alice+Olivia is wearing one of her own creations?

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2011 at 17:34 #

I wish so too.

I think we are 3 seasons behind or even more :(

5. dee August 10, 2011 at 18:55 #

I am not too crazy about Nina’s look.

6. Rebecca Z August 10, 2011 at 23:36 #

I think Heidi’s dress and make up are fine–or the dress and hair are fine–but all three together are a problem. I vote for softer hair

7. Carmen August 11, 2011 at 00:46 #

I find Nina’s dress so unflattering on her. She looks nearly flat-chested. I’m sure Freja Beha has a smaller bust than Ms. Garcia, but here, it looks like the complete opposite. Maybe if I see a full length picture of her standing, I’d think otherwise. I agree with the lipshade for Heidi’s Roland Mouret dress. Too harsh. The dress reminds of another purple Roland Mouret dress she wore with dove gray Trib Too’s.

8. Carmen August 11, 2011 at 00:47 #

I’d also like to know who the guest judge is. Looks like Jacquelyn Jablonski, but I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t dress like that off the runway.

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2011 at 09:06 #

Alice + Olivia designer Stacey Bendet

9. aiyu August 11, 2011 at 03:48 #

I’m so happy you decided to post about Project Runway, it’s one of my favourite shows. I hope you’ll continue to post for every episode, I would love to know what is your opinion! :)

10. Valeria August 11, 2011 at 09:41 #

And why nobody ever slams guys?:) I think Michael Kors’ orange tan is far more unflattering than any of the fashion choices that ladies made!