09.08.11 Premiere

Olivia Wilde In Tom Ford – “Cowboys & Aliens” Berlin Premiere

Olivia Wilde joined co-stars Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig on the red carpet for the “Cowboys & Aliens” Berlin Premiere in Germany last night.

The House’ star wore a Tom Ford Fall 2011 dress.

Her figure-hugging dress with a split neckline, shoulder pads and structured details on the bodice was paired with black Brian Atwood pumps.

Surely this fitted dress would been more appropriate for her photocall during the 64th Festival del Film di Locarno in Switzerland, and she should’ve worn her Gucci gown to this premiere.

The other baffling thing is that Julianne Moore wore this same dress just a little over a week ago when she made a guest appearance on ‘The Late Show with David Letterman.’

Olivia tried to add some spark to her look by styling her hair into a bunched ponytail, but the weave she’s used to create the look is a totally different colour to her natural hair colour.

Carrera y Carrera gold jewelry including stud earrings, a bangle and a gold statement ring completed her look.

I tried to find at least one positive, but from the rats tail to the re-run dress there is nothing I like about this look.

Olivia continues to slide for me.

Where is Ana de la Reguera?

Credit: Getty

27 Comments
Anne Hathaway In Alexander McQueen - "One Day" New York Premiere

Anne Hathaway In Alexander McQueen – “One Day” New York Premiere

Mar Saura In Edition by Georges Chakra - Starlite Gala

Mar Saura In Edition by Georges Chakra – Starlite Gala

27 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Tom Ford – “Cowboys & Aliens” Berlin Premiere

1. couturecoco August 9, 2011 at 10:16 #

Oh dear, nothing to wow me either especially since it looks so much like a ‘normal’ Roland Mouret dress.

2. Alina August 9, 2011 at 10:20 #

“Where is Ana de la Reguera?” – that’s what I thought too.

3. Englishvers August 9, 2011 at 10:27 #

Shame on the hairstylist regarding the ponytail.
    And if Moore wore the dress a week ago Olivia’s stylist should have choosen another ensemble.

4. lucas August 9, 2011 at 10:57 #

I think she looks amazing.

• Shauni212 August 9, 2011 at 20:28 #

Me too! And I love the hair and make up!

5. arwa August 9, 2011 at 11:18 #

I think it looks better on her, specially the length

6. Molly August 9, 2011 at 12:04 #

Really confusing when you look at this and the earlier gown she wore to the photo call. As if nobody was there to help her and she reached in the back and just pulled out the first dress and it turned out to be the wrong one but there was no backup. I really hate the bangs (fringe) on her. I realize that’s part of what I’ve so disliked about all her looks lately. Part of why I loved the Gucci gown was that her hair was all pulled back.

7. Amy August 9, 2011 at 12:28 #

Don’t know why everyone is wearing this dress in black, the red velvet version in the lookbook is far better.

8. Emi August 9, 2011 at 12:30 #

I only like the red nails… The hair is awful.

9. Chloe August 9, 2011 at 13:00 #

Another example of why this is the greatest site ever. You say all the things I’m thinking. Couldn’t agree with you more!

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2011 at 14:12 #

10. Jones19 August 9, 2011 at 13:03 #

She looks super boring, where is her spark?

11. Julie August 9, 2011 at 14:08 #

Didn’t she wear a red version of this dress to another recent event?

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2011 at 14:12 #

different designer

12. Tamia August 9, 2011 at 14:23 #

That’s Tom Ford?It’s SO boring,his female collections are a mess..FC I don’t know whether you’ll publish this but I have to ask you if you’re ok?Im praying for you and all in London.I’m in tears right now and so ashamed of my race, being on your site reminds me of hoping that very soon the day would come that there would be no ‘black section’ of the Vogue Italia website which you were on but it would all be as one…but now thanks to the actions of my people (I know other races too but still) that idea has now been set back by years….Im distraut and gutted and I pray you’re ok x

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2011 at 14:26 #

Thanks honey. I’m OK.

There were a few disturbances in my area last night, but thankfully they were failed attempts to cause too much damage.

• Tamia August 9, 2011 at 14:31 #

Thank god FC, I’m sorry I know this is a fashion site and it’s meant to be escapism from things like this but you know how much I look up to you so I had to make sure you were ok and say my piece. I really don’t think we should have the Olympics next year we just can’t handle it.

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2011 at 14:34 #

Thanks Tamia. Your concern is greatly appreciated.

I will not be talking about it on the blog like you said because this is a place for escapism

13. justme August 9, 2011 at 14:26 #

The ponytail is messing with every fiber of my being. It feels so childish, especially with the dress.
    I also don’t understand why go all out for a photocall and do the understated thing for the premiere?

14. dee August 9, 2011 at 15:22 #

Ponytail is terrible and the shoes and dress are boring.

15. LOLA August 9, 2011 at 16:39 #

I love Tom Ford and i love his collections but WHY Everybody is wearing the boring black version of a collection featured the most Bold and spectacular clothes of the season! I Mean, the collection was about colors and witchiness…and now, it looks like a RM dress!

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2011 at 16:46 #

There are better pieces, so I wonder why also

16. Tatiana August 9, 2011 at 17:24 #

I just want to yank that weave from her hair!!! It looks so disgusting & damaged, eww!

17. DivaMom August 9, 2011 at 18:16 #

She’s worn a lot of black for this movie tour, no? Is she in mourning, or is it because the movie is that terrible?

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2011 at 18:34 #

I think the latter

18. Clover August 9, 2011 at 23:27 #

FC how does it work, would she have a stylist who tells her which outfits to wear for each event? Is it partly controlled/financed by the studio of the movie the star is promoting?

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2011 at 05:55 #

She would have a stylist who would select pieces for her and tell her when and where to wear them, but once she’s on tour without her stylist by her side she’s left to her own devices.

This is clearly the case on this tour as her choices are inconsistent to the events