09.08.11

Lea Michele For Harper’s Bazaar US September 2011

Lea Michele graces the cover of Harper’s Bazaar’s September 2011 issue wearing a white satin Yves Saint Laurent jumpsuit.

The rest of her editorial which was shot by Mark Seliger, sees her wearing stunning Fall looks from Gucci, Moschino, Valentino, Lanvin plus she looks heavenly wearing my favourite look from Giambattista Valli.

The ‘Glee’ actress talked to the magazine about her career, her facial features, and how she responds to rumors that she is a diva.

You can read some extracts from Lea’s interview below.

Visit Harper’s Bazaar online to see the some behind-the-scenes footage of her photo shoot before picking up the September issue which is out August 16.

On her career: “I don’t stop. It’s my nature. People have to tell me to slow down. I plan on playing every role on Broadway. . . . I want to do movies, make music. Glee is only the beginning.”

On her physical appearance: “I’m five foot three. I don’t look like a lot of other people, you know what I mean? I look like I’m 12. How many managers told me, ‘Get a nose job. You’re not pretty enough’? But I proved them wrong.”

On the diva rumors: “People have to remember this is all new for us. We’re all reasonably young, except for Cory, who’s old. (Uh, he’s 29 guys.) I’ve learned some lessons, but people are going to say what they want to say. I know who I am, and I’m not perfect.”

On her plans after she graduates from Glee next season: “I don’t stop. It’s my nature. People have to tell me to slow down. I plan on playing every role on Broadway. I want to do Evita. I want to do Sweeney Todd with Chris Colfer. We want to do Wicked. I’ll be Elphaba and he wants to play ‘Guy-linda.’ I want to do movies, make music. Glee is only the beginning.”

Busy Philipps In Anthropologie & Topshop - 30 Minutes Or Less" LA Premiere

Busy Philipps In Anthropologie & Topshop – 30 Minutes Or Less” LA Premiere

Who Wore Zuhair Murad Better? Natasha Yarovenko or Selena Gomez

Who Wore Zuhair Murad Better? Natasha Yarovenko or Selena Gomez

29 Responses to Lea Michele For Harper’s Bazaar US September 2011

1. Emma August 9, 2011 at 22:03 #

She looks pretty. But imo she isn’t big enough to carry a September cover yet.

• Paddy M August 9, 2011 at 22:40 #

Totally agree. And she has the same forced modelling style that Emma Watson has. Also, I can’t stand her interview style. The diva rumours seem pretty fair to me.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2011 at 03:29 #

Agreed. Total diva

• doc August 9, 2011 at 23:36 #

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Their decision to put their bigger star (Beyonce) on the UK instead of US cover confounded me as well. And I don’t know why they are using so many looks from the Gucci collection in their spreads. Sorry but that Gucci collection has been worked to death. It is a nice collection, but there are other looks from other places.

• Naomi August 9, 2011 at 23:54 #

Maybe, but I’ve found many of this year’s September covers a bit disappointing…

2. dee August 9, 2011 at 22:38 #

I only really like the second photo.

3. A August 9, 2011 at 22:39 #

Is it just me or does she look a little like Natalie Portman on the cover? :)
    Great shoot!

• Meenakshi August 10, 2011 at 16:01 #

I agree! It’s very Natalie Portman-like

4. peach August 9, 2011 at 22:56 #

Impressed with herself much?

5. noo August 9, 2011 at 23:43 #

the second dress is by far my favorite, the way she’s posing in that stunning giambattista valli dress just ruins it for me! the ways he poses seems quite forced and unnatural!

6. Mahima August 10, 2011 at 00:43 #

That Gucci season has been like every magazine.

I don’t like her in the shoot. The same face in every single shot.

7. molly August 10, 2011 at 00:52 #

That red Valli gown is amazing. For such a tiny girl she sure does know how to pull off a ballgown.
    I just dont like the whole flower theme. Its overpowering the Lea and the clothes.

8. Jen August 10, 2011 at 03:23 #

Nice pictures .. but she sounds insufferable.

9. Jackie August 10, 2011 at 04:08 #

Everything looks great except for her stiffness. Wonder who did the styling and such for this shoot. It’s amazing! Lea get no credit for anything here… she just got lucky to be in such lovely clothes at such gorgeous locations.

10. Ev August 10, 2011 at 05:50 #

I honestly do not understand why there is so much talk about her being a diva. Even if she is, what’s wrong with that? Not every star has to be approachable or have that “girl next door” vibe going on. Plus, she is fairly young so she has yet a lot to learn in life. Give her a break.
    The shoot is pretty good, although they did some bad photoshopping on the Gucci one. Looove the second shot – so beautiful. But I agree, she is not a perfect model.

11. Zarina August 10, 2011 at 07:36 #

Ooh LOVE the Lanvin look at the end! That’s an amazing photo!

12. roxana August 10, 2011 at 07:39 #

she would be so much beautiful with her nose done! i know from my own experience. but i admire her strenght to stay natural. good for her!

13. doc August 10, 2011 at 07:50 #

She does look a little bit like a fabulously dressed zombie. Especially in that last Lanvin dress. She seems very immature. I thought she was a lot younger from the way she talked but she will be 25 this month. Sorry but she is too old to lack basic tactfulness.

• easyBlake August 10, 2011 at 09:54 #

Well. That’s because she’s “reasonably” young. I hope you weren’t thinking she’s Elle Fanning’s age. Now that, would be unreasonable.

14. lin August 10, 2011 at 08:33 #

I don’t like the cover shot, the white dress blends in with the white background too much. When I first saw it, it looked very odd.

• Ling August 10, 2011 at 19:37 #

I agree – white dress with a white background is not a good combination, my first thought was “Is she topless???”

15. Kaki August 10, 2011 at 09:41 #

she is fug

16. Ben August 10, 2011 at 11:58 #

This is SOOOOOOO obviosly photoshopped!!!!!

17. Lilac August 10, 2011 at 12:03 #

Her face, poses and interviews are insufferable. What a waste of a September Issue cover.

18. JJovana3 August 10, 2011 at 14:14 #

Say what you want, she looks INCREDIBLE and knows how to carry on big gowns! I love Lea, she’s such a shininig star. Cant wait to get my hands on this issue.

19. jx August 10, 2011 at 15:55 #

Can’t. Stand. Her.

20. Tatiana August 10, 2011 at 17:17 #

I can’t stand her face (too much forced pouting & trying to “smolder” when she clearly can’t pull it off!), nor her attitude when asked about the diva rumours. Also, there’s something not right in these pics, and I can’t put my finger on what I don’t like in them….

21. Hannah August 10, 2011 at 20:03 #

I love the turquoise gown definitely something I would expect to see at the MET Costume Gala. I’m not really a fan of hers or the pictures. In each picture her facial expression remained the same, she just looks dead in the eyes. These gowns are wasted on her.

22. Carmen August 10, 2011 at 21:39 #

I think she looks great in her pictures, but in the shot where she wore the blue Gucci ensemble looked like she was a little girl playing dress-up.