09.08.11

Cat Deeley In River Island – So You Think You Can Dance

Many of you in the US have fallen in love with British TV host Cat Deeley (which is not hard because she’s adorable).

She showcases impeccable style week after week whilst presenting, ‘So You Think You Can Dance.’

Cat was radiant on Friday night as she hosted the show wearing a dress by British fashion retailer River Island.

The sensational canary yellow chiffon maxi dress with a floral appliqué detail on the neckline, cut-out details and a thigh split, was accessorized with gold jewels and her favourite Jimmy Choo ‘Louisa’ strappy sandals.

This dress is part of River Island’s Hustler collection which pays homage to 70s icons such as Jerry Hall and Bianca Jagger.

Look out for this dress in store when it goes on sale for £80 this October.

Credit: River Island

Vacation Style: Rihanna's Custom Made 'We Are Handsome' Bob Marley Swimsuit

Vacation Style: Rihanna’s Custom Made ‘We Are Handsome’ Bob Marley Swimsuit

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang - “Dont Be Afraid Of The Dark” New York Premiere

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang – “Dont Be Afraid Of The Dark” New York Premiere

26 Responses to Cat Deeley In River Island – So You Think You Can Dance

1. Francesca August 9, 2011 at 15:14 #

Well, isn’t this is a Gucci rip-off.

• Molly August 9, 2011 at 15:37 #

My first thought exactly. And even without seeing the price tag, you can tell it is a lower quality knockoff by the fit and the flow of the fabric.

• Thomas August 9, 2011 at 16:08 #

Agreed. FC stay safe!!!

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2011 at 16:27 #

I will be. thanks peeps

• Francesca August 9, 2011 at 16:13 #

Exactly!

• Jess August 9, 2011 at 17:10 #

exactly! paying homage to the 70′s? more like lazy copycat designing!

• Bren August 9, 2011 at 20:45 #

I thought the exact same thing when I saw her wear this last week! I even tweeted her and asked if she was wearing Gucci (embarrassing…)I do still love her though, and I can’t wait to see what she wears to the Emmys in September!

• akyla August 9, 2011 at 21:32 #

ahh i was gonna said that

2. dee August 9, 2011 at 15:17 #

She looks lovely.

3. Naomi August 9, 2011 at 15:30 #

She looks so beautiful in this color. Love the gold accessories.

4. Jones19 August 9, 2011 at 16:45 #

Wow this is gorgeous, she’s rocking this outfit. I love yellow dresses, so summery.

5. Alina August 9, 2011 at 16:58 #

This is my BDOTW so far. I just love it.

6. Paddy M August 9, 2011 at 17:33 #

I have mixed feelings. I love the dress, and this colour looks beautiful on Cat, who does have great style. And I’m so pleased that she’s decided to wear it without the applique, and that she’s promoting the British high street across the pond!

However, as with rather a lot of high street looks, this is a shameless rip-off of recent Gucci collections. Furthermore, while I do like this look, I’m not always a big fan of River Island, as I find its clothes can look quite chavvy.

Still, she looks as lovely as ever!

7. Rahma J August 9, 2011 at 18:36 #

This is a definate BDOTW and her best look of the entire series so far. Cat should definately wear more yellow as she looks glowing!

8. Emma August 9, 2011 at 19:21 #

Ooh thank you so much for featuring Cat! She always looks great, but I was floored when she walked out in this one. So beautiful. Would LOVE to see this in BDOTW!

9. Clover August 9, 2011 at 23:21 #

YES! More Cat Deeley! Thank you!

10. KateS August 10, 2011 at 02:10 #

A really blatant knock-off, but she still looks lovely.

11. Highstreetwarrior August 10, 2011 at 13:14 #

Cat Looks AWESOME!!! with the global recession (incase people have forgotten the WORLD IS SKINT) am pleased to see CAT Deeley Rocking HIGH STREET! so what if its a rip off?? the UK High street is the strongest in the world, it also has the biggest audience and is slowly helping the UK out of the recession…
    as for the River Island being Chavvy comment, when last DID YOU ACTUALLY GO INTO RIVER ISLAND?? The brand has changed and is fast becoming a fashion authority on the highstreet..
    I am proud CAT wore Highstreet and wore it well..

12. Champagnetastelemonadebudget August 10, 2011 at 13:24 #

Wow!! River Island has stepped their game up! Cat looks lovely, am not even a fan but this flowly dress looks good on her!!

13. Lala August 10, 2011 at 13:25 #

I love this colour on Cat, she looks amazing, simple and chic. YES it might be a designer copy but im sure a lot of people who cant afford gucci are happy that EVEN Cat wears high street, she could have easily worn Gucci but she chose to wear River Island KUDOS!

14. Jess August 10, 2011 at 13:30 #

Wow! She looks amazing! Greta to see her championing the British high street on a show watched by millions. Congrats to River Island on a fab design! Definite BDOTW!

15. Bee-Bee August 10, 2011 at 13:38 #

Beautiful dress – she looks amazing in it! And all High Street stores copy the designers – its just how it works, and it makes these looks accessible for everyone and not just the rich, which is a good thing!

16. Jo August 10, 2011 at 15:56 #

Of course it looks cheaper / a less good fit than the Gucci version – it costs c.5% of the price of the Gucci equivalent. Cat looks great in it though my bigger concern is that it’s going to be worn by lots of short and dumpy women who cannot pull off maxi/cut-out/thigh split dresses. Also, I’m a little perplexed as to why a UK high street chain will be releasing this in October (post summer and the time the majority of Brits get away somewhere where you could actually wear this)?!

17. e August 10, 2011 at 23:51 #

who cares if it’s a gucci rip off. cat looks gorgeous, and it means normal people get high fashion looks at a fraction of the price (how mamy of us can afford gucci?). we can pretend we’re cat for a moment or two! i love that CD mixes it up. she’s a hero for us all :-)

18. Eric August 11, 2011 at 15:42 #

Catherine, has any celeb worn the gucci version yet? Would be interesting to see how it compares to this though Cat makes this £80 dress look very expensive. Definate BDOTW

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2011 at 15:59 #