08.08.11

Princess Charlene Monaco In Akris – 63rd Red Cross Ball Gala

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert II of Monaco hosted the 63rd Red Cross Ball Gala at their Monte Carlo home on Friday night.

The Princess provides me with some much needed glamour after a very lackluster Teen Choice Awards, wearing an Akris strapless gown.

Her fuchsia silk strapless gown with fishtail hem and fitted bodice of silk chiffon pleated appliqué was teamed with a matching Akris Anouk clutch.

A Van Cleef & Arpels necklace (a gift from her husband) and a chic chignon completed her look.

The dress is gorgeous, the colour is divine on her, but whoever is did her ghostly make-up needs to be sacked immediately.

Credit: Getty

Busy Phillips In Dolce & Gabbana - 2012 Oscars

Busy Phillips In Dolce & Gabbana – 2012 Oscars

Ginnifer Goodwin In 3.1 Phillip Lim - TCA 2001 Summer Press Tour

Ginnifer Goodwin In 3.1 Phillip Lim – TCA 2001 Summer Press Tour

19 Responses to Princess Charlene Monaco In Akris – 63rd Red Cross Ball Gala

1. molly August 8, 2011 at 15:12 #

Whoever did her makeup hates her.
    I like how Princess Charlene isnt afraid to play with color (or her hairstyle). I love the dress, but at the same time, I feel like the fabric is a little heavy causing her hips to appear larger than they are. I might be the only one seeing that though. By the way, her necklace also doubles as a tiara.

• Valeria August 9, 2011 at 05:15 #

Agree, this fabric is either hard to work with, or it’s the fit itself. Makeup might look better in person, but it does look too heavy and reminds me of what pro dancers wear to be visible from stage. Prince lost a lot of weight and looks fresher even than he did for wedding!

2. jen August 8, 2011 at 15:31 #

She really needs to avoid strapless… makes her look wider and bigger than she is due to her swimmers physique

• Emi August 9, 2011 at 06:55 #

I agree, she needs something well structured for her shoulders. I don’t like the dress, the bodice is quite ugly. I consider it a bad choice after some beautiful dresses.

3. AW August 8, 2011 at 15:57 #

I hate everything except her hair. The dress looks heavy and the makeup has her looking like a wax figure

4. giegg August 8, 2011 at 16:04 #

the dress is a bit too prom-queen for my tastes

5. maria August 8, 2011 at 16:10 #

as much as i like the colour, i don’t like the cut of this dress. It makes her look huge and it’s mother of the bride/bridemaidsy for me.

• Sandie August 8, 2011 at 16:30 #

Nicely put. I totally agree!

6. Jones19 August 8, 2011 at 16:12 #

She has such broad shoulders that she shouldn’t wear strapless that cuts across straight like that, a sweetheart neckline or, better yet, a halterneck would suit her so much better. I would love this dress on someone more petite.

• Elaine2 August 8, 2011 at 20:17 #

I was wondering about a halter neck on her, too. My guess is that it would look great!

I think she’s a beautiful young woman, more striking in appearance than other recent princess brides, but this dress is all wrong. Although I like the color, that’s it. I do like that the clutch matches the dress, that is kind of a cool look you don’t see very often. I wonder what sort of shoes she has on?

Her hair and the necklace are stunning. (I guess she did get something worthwhile after marrying that toad of a prince…LOL…….)

The makeup is baaaaaaaaad…….

7. Mina August 8, 2011 at 16:41 #

I guess I’m a minority here but I think she looks stunning (minus the makeup) and very glamorous – of the kind we rarely see these days.

• Sharon August 9, 2011 at 01:10 #

I’m with you, Mina. I think she looks lovely and would have been absolutely gorgeous with better makeup.

8. Beatrix August 8, 2011 at 17:03 #

I think she is gorgeous. She makes our South Africans proud!

9. robbie August 8, 2011 at 17:06 #

the dress makes her look wide, the fabric looks cheap and pleated bodice is horrid. the only good thing about the look is her hair and the necklace.

10. Tinie August 8, 2011 at 17:10 #

She really should cover up her shoulders..

11. Alina August 8, 2011 at 18:45 #

I love the colour but not the material of the dress.

12. roxana August 9, 2011 at 07:07 #

i don’t like the dress. it’s too shiny. she is beautiful, a real princess

13. Nesrin Savaş August 9, 2011 at 11:32 #

She is really very sweet and class. Gown is pretty, clutch as well.

Herself is diamond.

H.S.H. Charlene Grimaldi is right and real princess for beautiful Monaco.

14. Anne G August 12, 2011 at 01:44 #

It’s nice to see her in something colourful. I a agree that a halter dress would look better on her. Her make-up isn’t that bad but she’s a little shiny. Love her hair.