Blake Lively In Gucci – 2011 Teen Choice Awards

Most Disappointing Award
It was great to see my girl Blake Lively on the red carpet at the 2011 Teen Choice Awards.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress wore a bright orange Gucci Resort 2012 leather dress.

Whilst the dress shows off her fabulous figure, I’m not at all crazy about look at all.

It feels too tight and too restricting for me.

I don’t understand why anyone would want to wear a leather dress during the summer. It continues to baffle me.

Her short sleeves fitted dress with a matching thin belt was teamed with animal print Christian Louboutin Pigalle pumps.

Blake opted for neutral make-up, a half-up half down hairstyle and added Lorraine Schwartz jewels to complete her look.

[nggallery id=938]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rachel Bilson In Chloé - 2011 Teen Choice Awards

Rachel Bilson In Chloé – 2011 Teen Choice Awards

Emma Stone In Christian Dior - 2011 Teen Choice Awards

Emma Stone In Christian Dior – 2011 Teen Choice Awards

41 Responses to Blake Lively In Gucci – 2011 Teen Choice Awards

1. roger August 8, 2011 at 09:15 #

I don’t understand why she wore leather, why?? but it do like the contrast of the leopard print and orange

2. Faellie August 8, 2011 at 09:27 #

It’s a Resort dress, so presumably Gucci thought leather was an appropriate fabric for that range. Add in air conditioning, too, as this is an indoor event. And the fit looks perfect – about the same as a Roland Mouret or Victoria Beckham would (and better on Blake than the model).

I think Blake looks comfortable in the dress as well as beautiful in it. I’d like to see this in BDTW

• bb August 8, 2011 at 09:50 #

Perfect fit? This is like 2 size too small for her but then again nothing new here…

3. Vanessa August 8, 2011 at 09:33 #

at least she isn’t wearing chanel …

• Vidhya August 8, 2011 at 12:00 #

Sigh.. true.. thankful for that

4. Lils August 8, 2011 at 09:39 #

I actually like the look minus the shoes… I hate animal prints.

• Fränzi August 8, 2011 at 11:37 #

I hate them too! I know that they are “trendy” again, but…. i just don’t like animal prints! I never liked it and I never will!

5. Alina August 8, 2011 at 09:39 #

The colour is great for her.
    I know that she’s friends with Lorraine Schwartz but she needs to tone down the bling.

6. Christy August 8, 2011 at 09:41 #

Really? I think she looks fantastic! The earrings really pop and the shoes are great.

• AW August 8, 2011 at 13:58 #

I agree, she’s rarely my fave but here she looks great! She looks like a stylish grown up and not a slutty teenager.

• Rebecca Z August 8, 2011 at 16:09 #

I’m with you Christy. I think she looks perfect here. Great shoes, good color, love the earrings–this is a 10.

7. june August 8, 2011 at 09:44 #

i really like her in this, but i think it’s the hair that really turns this from sexy to staid for blake. she should have gone with beachy wavy hair, or loose curls or not pinned half of it up so tightly — something sexy and relaxed to contrast with the dress, maybe.

8. Naomi August 8, 2011 at 10:00 #

I agree that the leather choice is not wise, and I find the snake/leopard shoes insane – but other than that – I love the look!
    The color is gorgeous on her, the accessories perfect, her hair looks great, and I’m glad to see that lately she has toned down her make-up. She looks very fresh.

9. Kaz August 8, 2011 at 10:00 #

On the plus side, her hair looks fantastic straight!

10. The Dame August 8, 2011 at 10:01 #

She looks absolutely gorgeous, real womanly in this, love the earings, bring a lovely little pop of the right colour to that block of mustard, her hair and make up is beautiful and love the cute shoes!

11. allie August 8, 2011 at 10:40 #

Stunning!

12. olga August 8, 2011 at 11:13 #

the model looks better in this dress, for blake it looks too tight

13. Gaber August 8, 2011 at 11:16 #

I think the dress just has a terrible cut – it looks poorly on the model also.
    The colour is stunning though.

14. robbie August 8, 2011 at 11:33 #

well least her boobs and most of her legs are covered up, for a change.

• Mahima August 8, 2011 at 13:40 #

Where have you been the last couple months?
      She’s been covered up. And if I had her looks, I would flaunt it too.

• maria August 8, 2011 at 15:48 #

they have been since she has started dating Leo……..

fit is too tight, the jewelry does not fit the style of the dress in my opinion. i actually hate the earrings with a passion….

15. Jones19 August 8, 2011 at 11:48 #

I love it! That color is divine and so summery that I don’t mind that it’s leather, perfect look for this event.

16. Vidhya August 8, 2011 at 12:03 #

I noticed this is the only post u did on teen choice.. was waiting for u, cos i really wanted UR opinion on Blake.. ;) I agree with u.. coloured leather not a great choice for summer.. and with so many complaints of her over bronzing.. she shud have thot about looking too orange.. the bling is blinding too.. its so tight in her bust area..

17. Francesca August 8, 2011 at 12:15 #

Catherine, since you weren’t the one to cover the awards, I was just wondering who was your best dressed? xo

• Fashion Critic August 8, 2011 at 12:38 #

I didn’t like any to be honest.

• Mahima August 8, 2011 at 13:41 #

I agree, it was a bad red carpet to me.

But on TV Blake looked a lot better.

18. Katie August 8, 2011 at 12:22 #

I love it too..lovely and bright for the summer

19. Molly August 8, 2011 at 14:21 #

Despite the fact that this is leather, the look is classic summer to me, maybe because the color is so fabulous – like sunshine. Also helps that Blake has quintessential California girl looks and makeup is light and just right. Love the dress and the color on her, especially from waist up – earrings are fabulous, and love the colors together. I’m not generally a big Blake fan, but like this look for her.

20. mari August 8, 2011 at 14:45 #

too tight , like she could have problems walking or sneezing.

21. Vee August 8, 2011 at 14:50 #

the leather–i am presuming is light and season appropriate. i was just reading in some magazine about wearing leather in the summer [InStyle] she looks on trend.

22. Moxie August 8, 2011 at 15:24 #

The dress is fine, but the fit is terrible. But my most disappointing of the night was Tyra Banks.

23. Kaylie August 8, 2011 at 16:12 #

She needs different earrings to go with the dress, and I agree that her dress is too tight. With how far she was thrusting out her chest/boobs in most of the shots I’ve seen, I was worried she was going to hurt her back.

24. dee August 8, 2011 at 16:42 #

I like this look but I just wish the dress wasn’t so tight. Hair, makeup, jewelry and shoes are great.

25. Lily August 8, 2011 at 16:45 #

A tad tight, but overall the only look I liked at these awards. I love the color of the dress, the earrings and the shoes.

26. justme August 8, 2011 at 17:16 #

Even the shoes look too tight lol. The jewelry don’t work here imo.
    I like the hair though.

27. DivaMom August 8, 2011 at 17:17 #

I don’t think it looks tight at all. As long as she feels comfortable in it, I don’t see an issue. I know certain fabrics are more for certain seasons/occasions. If I could get away with it, I’d wear leather to bed, in the day, evening…it don’t matter to me, really! LOLOL!!

The color looks darn good on her complexion too.

28. Carmen August 9, 2011 at 00:29 #

I do not like her hair. At all. This look would’ve looked so much cuter had she worn her hair in an adorable plait. :)

29. Cara August 9, 2011 at 04:05 #

i love it! i do agree it looks a bit too tight but i love the colour and cut of the dress!

also the shoes look great too! i think its a marked improvement from when she tries to pull of chanel couture

30. Lucía August 9, 2011 at 09:47 #

I really don’t like it either. But I do like her hair and earrings.

31. bee7 August 14, 2011 at 07:41 #

is it just me or does she look like an orange in this dress? the color doesn’t flatter her at all. her hair and her tanned skin are just wrong with this orange dress.

32. serenissima August 15, 2011 at 15:48 #