Lea Michele In Marchesa – “Glee The 3D Concert Movie” LA Premiere

Following Lea Michele’s first Marchesa dress on the red carpet this weekend, I expected to love her dress at the “Glee The 3D Concert Movie” LA Premiere.

Unfortunately I didn’t.

This Marchesa black lace corset dress with velvet embroidered detail is far too reminiscent of a few Marchesa dresses we’ve seen before.

The first person who came to mind was Reese Witherspoon.

I expected Lea to be my favourite at this event but she wasn’t.

Whilst her dress is beautiful and cute I’m also put off by her oversized Casadei heels.

I don’t understand why she constantly wears heels which are 2 sized too big for her.

It’s like a kid playing dress up with Mummy’s heels.

Stephen Webster jewels completed her look.

[nggallery id=931]

Kiernan Shipka In Salvatore Ferragamo - "Glee The 3D Concert Movie" LA Premiere

Kiernan Shipka In Salvatore Ferragamo – “Glee The 3D Concert Movie” LA Premiere

"Glee The 3D Concert Movie" LA Premiere Red Carpet Round Up

“Glee The 3D Concert Movie” LA Premiere Red Carpet Round Up

33 Responses to Lea Michele In Marchesa – “Glee The 3D Concert Movie” LA Premiere

1. Alina August 7, 2011 at 12:48 #

The dress is beautiful but the shoes are …. hilarious.

2. T from Sydney August 7, 2011 at 12:49 #

it looks ridiculous

how does she walk in heels that are 2 sizes too big .

i know i cant

maybe she sticky taped her foot in the shoe?!

• Carmen August 7, 2011 at 22:55 #

LOL, great theory. Maybe. :)

3. Grace August 7, 2011 at 12:52 #

How does she even walk in those heels that are 2 sizes too big for her? Talent lol

4. robbie August 7, 2011 at 12:52 #

i dont get it, why do celebrities wear shoes that are either too big for them or too tight for them. they have the money to get the shoes made to fit them perfectly.

the dress is mess, it looks like someone just stuck random bits of material onto it. but then again marchesa always looks the same every time.

• arwa August 7, 2011 at 13:04 #

I was about to mention that she’s not the only celebes who done this (wearing bigger shoes than their foot size). Since I saw this many times, I thought am I the only one who can’t walk in unfitted shoes? :)

• Fashion Critic August 7, 2011 at 13:06 #

I’ve tried it and it is almost impossible.

I thought going up a size would mean that shoes don’t pinch as much, but they flop off your foot and you have to squeeze your toes to prevent them doing that.

It’s more work imo to go up in size

• Parvati August 7, 2011 at 13:41 #

That’s what I thought! These heels seem already painfully high (I can’t even imagine myself walking in these heels), so I just can’t think of a reason why someone would wear shoes one or two sizes bigger. I have a pair of heels (shorter than these Casadei pumps, but still, they are high), they are just half-size bigger than my size and I could hardly walk in them!

• Tiffany August 10, 2011 at 02:49 #

But really though, WHY do celebrities wear shoes that are not their size FC?…Anyone?…I imagine a scene where the stylist says “these are…to..die…but we only have them in a size 10 and ur a size 7 but make it werk!” I dunno…WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS?!

• noo August 7, 2011 at 13:45 #

i get that sometimes you wear shoes that don’t fit perfectly when u can’t find the right size of the gorgeous shoes you want desperately. but i don’t get it with these pumps because they are nothing special!!!

5. Francesca August 7, 2011 at 12:54 #

Since I didn’t get déjà vu with this dress like you did, I kinda like it. But I must agree, what’s with the shoes, Lea?

6. Luiza August 7, 2011 at 13:06 #

yeah, there is nothing new about this dress but I still love it. I love the hair and make up. I usually don’t like what lea wears, and especially what she does with her hair, but I think she looks really great here. despite theses shoes of course

7. Shevelle August 7, 2011 at 14:20 #

She could be wearing sample shoes- which means it come in a model sample size (usually a UK 7) which is way too big for Lea who is pretty petit!

• Fashion Critic August 7, 2011 at 14:24 #

Yes she is clearly wearing a sample size but it looks ridiculous

• CreoleLady August 7, 2011 at 14:55 #

For stars big enough to be loaned Marchesa, one would think they could afford a basic wardrobe of shoes to be worn on the red carpet if their size is not available. Maybe Shoerazzi could help with this. Anyway, I would think that a basic red carpet shoe wardrobe would include a pair each in black, metallic, fleshtone (nude), animal print, and a beautiful color. Just a thought.

• noo August 7, 2011 at 19:00 #

if i had lea’s fame (and presumably fortune) i would have a wall full of beautiful shoes of all shapes and colors, they would all be my size of course

8. Jones19 August 7, 2011 at 14:34 #

I like it on her, I don’t get the deja vu so It doesn’t look dated for me. The shoes are ridiculous :D

9. Marvel August 7, 2011 at 14:52 #

The dress is okay. Im kinda bored by these same Marchesa dresses and I could have forced myself to like this look had the shoes fit.

I think stars were shoes bigger because its more comfortable to pose in. I dont think they worry too much about walking in them, because as soon as they are off the red carpet, I bet there assistant is there with a pair of flats

10. Mndy August 7, 2011 at 14:56 #

Yeah I didn’t remember anyone else wearing a similar dress until just now (and I still don’t think there that similar) so I thought she looked the best on the red carpet by far. I mean she didn’t really have much competition from the other Glee Gals to be fair, who all looked a hot mess in one way or another. Those shoes though… girl, those shoes.. there must be a reason and I really want to hear it.

11. Naama August 7, 2011 at 15:33 #

It’s funny how the shoes are too big in the back, and yet her toes look like they were painfully stuffed into them in the front.

12. Georgie August 7, 2011 at 16:58 #

I’m having a fairly major crisis in that I’m unable to see the photos – my computer only loads the text on here. Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just my laptop acting up? Thanks :)

• Fashion Critic August 7, 2011 at 18:31 #

Yes. A few people are having the same issue.

I had to employ a second person to look into the issue

13. Laura August 7, 2011 at 19:25 #

FC, you are way nicer than me on this one. This look is very much a stereotypical Marchesa dress and thus I’m very bored. This is her big premiere, and there’s not really anything about this look that’s remotely memorable.

• Fashion Critic August 7, 2011 at 21:08 #

LOL…but you are right.

This is a very forgettable Marchesa dress.

As I fan of Marchesa I find this very hard to digest.

14. Carmen August 7, 2011 at 22:56 #

I think Lea looks great but… seriously? The heels? Your feet aren’t going to grow any larger, Ms. Michelle!

15. AJoanna August 8, 2011 at 01:22 #

These shoes remind me of my sisters and I in junior high. We were constantly competing in shoe size because we wanted to be grown up, always persuading our Mom that our shoes were too small so we could get the next bigger size. (Weird, I know.) The result was that I spent the next three years thinking I was a nine when I was really a 7-1/2 or 8. But at least I was wearing flats.
    Lea just looks comical, and I can’t believe her stylist and friends let her do that to her feet.

16. Fiona August 8, 2011 at 03:31 #

Ironically the stars with lots of available cash become very reluctant to actually part with it. They seem to get in a habit of expecting everything to be loaned, or even given (in Sharon Stone’s case) which means that they are often not the right size. Personally I would just buy my own shoes, but I guess not in this case. The shoes are a major letdown and look ridiculous. The dress – seen it and its type many times, ok but not the best on her.

17. e August 8, 2011 at 03:42 #

maybe she has very broad feet, so they fit her comfortable across the foot part near the toes. i have broad feet and i have a couple of pairs that looks a size too large for me. but not this big. i hope she’s taped or glued into the shoes!

18. cokkie August 8, 2011 at 06:22 #

err the dress looks alright but her shoes are def. too big for her!

19. roxana August 8, 2011 at 06:50 #

i saw a lot of celebrities wearing bigger shoes on the red carpet??? why is that? very ugly!

20. Tatiana August 8, 2011 at 16:28 #

My only explanation for celebrities wearing shoes that are a few sizes too big for them is that designers or stylists lend them those shoes, and they’re like “sample sizes” too (like dresses). However, I don’t even know if that happens in Hollywood? Catherine, do you know?

• Fashion Critic August 8, 2011 at 16:37 #

I was once told that shoes are loaned in two sizes. I can’t remember which sizes they are.

I would prefer to buy and wear my own and be comfortable rather than having flopping heels at my feel.

21. kh August 9, 2011 at 17:24 #

i have wide feet & the same issue, shoes that fit perfectly accross the toes are usually too ‘long’ at the back. it sucks but what can you do? :o/