05.08.11

Elisabeth Moss attended the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2011 Installation Luncheon which was held at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California yesterday.

The ‘Mad Men’ actress wore a nude Alberta Ferretti Fall 2010 dress.

I already know what many of you are going to say, “Why does she constantly choose pale colours?”

This pleated dress with a stunning jeweled detail around the neckline and waist is gorgeous on Elisabeth.

Her newly darker hair colour and what appears to be a golden tan prevents her looking washed out.

I think this is the first time that everything works for me.

A grey clutch and champagne coloured satin peep-toes completed her look.

You may remember that Fan Bing Bing wore this dress during the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.

[nggallery id=924]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Moran Atias In Zac Posen - 'Birdman' Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Moran Atias In Zac Posen – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Lea Michele In Valentino - Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 2011 Installation Luncheon

Lea Michele In Valentino – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2011 Installation Luncheon

15 Responses to Elisabeth Moss In Alberta Ferretti – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2011 Installation Luncheon

1. Alina August 5, 2011 at 10:11 #

I agree that the darker hair colour and the tan are an improvement. I think she should try side swept bangs too.

2. Jones19 August 5, 2011 at 10:58 #

She looks fantastic but I’m tired of her wearing these faded neutrals, she needs a pop of color.

3. Naomi August 5, 2011 at 11:06 #

I agree that this time she doesn’t look washed out, but I still don’t like that color on her.
    I have an urge to throw a bucket of paint on her.

4. KateS August 5, 2011 at 11:12 #

I’m not liking the dress on her – those tiered sleeves are giving off a ren-fair vibe.

• AW August 5, 2011 at 14:07 #

Me either, it makes her shape look like a rectangle, no curves in sight

5. Kaz August 5, 2011 at 11:42 #

I love it and I think she’s glowing!

Mark Wahlberg, not so much!

6. Molly August 5, 2011 at 12:45 #

I didn’t give a thought to the neutral – she looks so amazing. And you’re right, this is the first time I can say the whole thing is great and works, not just “pretty good for her.” She looks so happy and her hair is fabulous.

7. Hermione Weasley August 5, 2011 at 13:27 #

I’m completely in love with this dress/look. She looks gorgeous as a brunette!

8. Giuseppi Giraffe August 5, 2011 at 13:32 #

I think the length and color are okay on her (neutrals and all), and I like the beaded details, but I don’t like the shape of the dress. I think it’s the combination of the sleeves, waistline, and bodice, but it looks a little blocky on her.

9. Laura August 5, 2011 at 13:58 #

Everything works, but it’s not overly exciting to me. Elisabeth seems to favor nudes and I think she’d look really refreshing in a color. And the shape is just “meh” to me.

10. Quinn August 5, 2011 at 14:26 #

i like it a lot! in my opinion, she actually wears it better than Fan Bing Bing. BDOTW contender for me! loving the new hair color!

11. dee August 5, 2011 at 15:25 #

I don’t like this dress on her. It does absolutely nothing for her. I could see this on Diane Kruger.

12. Jacqueline August 5, 2011 at 17:31 #

I really love this look, but I think it ages her a little. But something I don’t understand is why she looks so much older than she really is. I recently started watching Mad Men, and thought she was in her late 30s or early 40s, but to my surprise, she’s only 29 according to Wikipedia. I hope she chooses more youthful dresses in the future.

13. Nia August 5, 2011 at 17:37 #

I like this dress, and the colour is nice on her – but to me the shape of the dress doesn’t complement her figure as nicely as it could. It makes her a look a bit matronly. It’s not that she looks bad, it’s just that it ages her slightly and doesn’t quite do her justice in my opinion.

Perhaps if she had worn a spunkier shoe like the model, it might have given her entire look a little more life.

14. moja31 August 5, 2011 at 19:01 #

ugh hate the sleeves. far too matronly on her, and it makes her look lumpy when she isn’t. the hair color and tan are an improvement though.