Claire Danes In Reed Krakoff – CBS, The CW And Showtime TCA Party

Claire Danes made a welcome return to the red carpet at CBS, The CW And Showtime TCA Party, which was held at The Pagoda in Beverly Hills, California last night.

It’s the first time we’ve seen her since Awards Season.

She mastered the colour-blocking trend wearing a Reed Krakoff Resort 2012 silk-crepe wrap dress.

Her sophisticated yet effortlessly relaxed dress was teamed with nude peep-toes, a gold cuff for a contemporary day look.

This is how you do a loose messy bun without looking like you just stepped out of the shower.

I hope Rosamund Pike is once again taking notes.

Michelle Obama was the first celebrity to wear Reed Krakoff back in June, so I’m glad that Claire has also taken notice of this designer.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro - '24: Live Another Day'

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro – ’24: Live Another Day’

Emmy Rossum In Etro - CBS, The CW And Showtime TCA Party

Emmy Rossum In Etro – CBS, The CW And Showtime TCA Party

9 Responses to Claire Danes In Reed Krakoff – CBS, The CW And Showtime TCA Party

1. mol August 4, 2011 at 15:14 #

I love Claire Danes but I think this dress with its dropped waist just emphasizes the disproportionate elements of her figure (long back and waist, short legs). On a positive note, I love her hair (how to do, as you say, a messy bun), her smile…..such a pretty girl.

• Verena August 4, 2011 at 15:45 #

I was about to say the same. Someone needs to teach her how to dress for her body. She *always* picks the wrong silhouettes. Remember her Proenza phase?

• dee August 4, 2011 at 17:35 #

I agree, the draping in the front of this dress is all wrong for her and I wish she wore sandals like the model. The hair gets points though.

• justme August 4, 2011 at 17:52 #

Ia. It’s not her fault she has a long torso but most of the time, she picks clothes that accentuate that fact.

2. Rebecca Z August 4, 2011 at 15:18 #

Fabulous. BDOTW contender in my opinion. She has such a chic figure and great taste. I can even overlook the nude shoes

3. Nat August 4, 2011 at 15:23 #

For me completely flat and boring

4. maria August 4, 2011 at 15:34 #

there is something about this i don’t like, cannot put my finger on it. Maybe the slouchiness of the dress and the weird fit between the red part and the beige underskirt. It seems to pull…..

5. Jones19 August 4, 2011 at 16:05 #

I agree that she has trouble dressing for her body type but I just love this dress. I wish she would also relax her shoulders when she poses…she always looks so stiff.

6. Julie August 4, 2011 at 17:42 #

It looks oddly draped, but it would probably look like that on anyone.