Who Wore Jonathan Saunders Better? Samantha Cameron or Tamsin Egerton

Samantha Cameron took her second spin in this Jonathan Saunders Spring 2011 dress, when she had lunch with the Queen and Prince Philip back in June in London.

On the runway this pretty baby blue and white printed dress features a striped black and green waistband plus a sexy cut-out from the neck to the waist.

Samantha’s version of the dress doesn’t have this cut-out. Not surprisingly.

She kept the rest of her look ‘meeting the Queen’ appropriate by pairing her dress with simple black heels.

Tamsin Egerton wore the same dress to attend the Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup Polo Final last month.

The British actress wore the runway version of the dress with the super revealing cut-out but opted to wear the dress without the belt.

She accessorized her outfit with lilac Nicholas Kirkwood leather Moccasin-inspired pees-toes heels and a black quilted Chanel shoulder bag.

Whilst I prefer Tamsin’s cool accessories, the dress is definitely missing the runway belt and I think this makes the cut-out way too revealing so my vote is going to Samantha.

The pop of green colour from the belt really livens up her outfit despite the conservative modifications.

If you can’t make up your mind, click on the image above to see more pictures of these ladies in their Jonathan Saunders dress

Credit: Style.com, INFPhoto & Getty

Jaime King In Christian Dior - 7th Annual Women In Film Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party

Jaime King In Christian Dior – 7th Annual Women In Film Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party

Anne Hathaway For Marie Claire UK September 2011

Anne Hathaway For Marie Claire UK September 2011

13 Responses to Who Wore Jonathan Saunders Better? Samantha Cameron or Tamsin Egerton

1. Naama August 3, 2011 at 10:43 #

I think both girls didn’t do it too much justice – too conservative on Samantha, too revealing and cheap on Tamsin. What a shame…

• Jones19 August 3, 2011 at 17:46 #

Couldn’t agree more, plus that Tamsin girl looks about as high as a kite. Don’t know who she is so maybe that’s just her natural face lol

2. Joy August 3, 2011 at 11:58 #

Seriously? Tamsin is horrible!! This dress is so pretty with the delicate pattern. It is so ladies doing lunch not playboy playmate. I love the green belt too.

3. Elaine2 August 3, 2011 at 13:38 #

Yeah, I’d say the runway model wore it best! The other two don’t do it justice —– and I’m not sure I really like the dress anyway. LOL

• dee August 3, 2011 at 14:43 #

LOL, I agree.

4. Gaber August 3, 2011 at 13:47 #

Sam’s interpretation of the dress looks better, but the dress fits Tam better.
    Ultimately, Tam WORE it better.

5. dee August 3, 2011 at 14:42 #

I don’t like either one.

6. Rebecca Z August 3, 2011 at 15:06 #

Love the shoes on the model-really ties the look together. And, just because you CAN open up the front seam of a dress from chin to waist doesn’t mean you should. Don’t really see the point of doing that on this kind of dress.

7. mochababe73 August 3, 2011 at 15:07 #

I liked Samantha’s. Tamsin looks vulgar. The runway version doesn’t show that much boobage.

8. Parvati August 3, 2011 at 15:33 #

I don’t like it on either of them. Samantha opted for the conservative version of the dress, which I find a bit underwhelming (although I totally understand why she did this) and Tasmin wore the look without the belt, which would have made the look much more interesting. Plus, as many of you here said, the cut-out is way too revealing. So, I will vote for Samantha, just because she kept the runway belt.

9. jx August 3, 2011 at 15:42 #

subtlety wins for me every time. it could’ve worked on Tamsin if it wasn’t as gaping.

10. Gabriella August 3, 2011 at 23:24 #

Tamsin is so gorgeous, it just sucks she hasn’t figured out how to work the red carpet yet. I loved her on Camelot.

The dress is a little too showy, but that’s what happens when you have boobs.

11. Lucía August 4, 2011 at 20:44 #

There’s no doubt for me Tamsin Egerton wears it better. For me it works perfectly plus I hate Samantha’s black pumps and her hair.