Katie Holmes In Isabel Marant & Madewell – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Katie Holmes made a guest appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno last night.

The actress who’s known for a preppy look opted for a more laidback look.

She wore a pair of Isabel Marant red jeans from the Fall 2010 collection, which we would expect from the likes of Kate Moss or Erin Wasson.

The jeans are doing nothing for her, but I like that she’s trying something different.

A Madewell Montauk mesh pullover over a white vest and Prada heels completed her look.

The thing I like most about this look is her hair.

Katie was on Leno to talk about her new movie, “Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark” as well as her super-hot Vogue España cover in which we see her channeling her inner dominatrix.

Credit: Style.com, Tom Munro for Vogue.es & Getty

Lady Gaga In Atelier Versace - Out In New York City

Lady Gaga In Atelier Versace – Out In New York City

Emma Stone In Christian Dior - 2011 Teen Choice Awards

Emma Stone In Christian Dior – 2011 Teen Choice Awards

18 Responses to Katie Holmes In Isabel Marant & Madewell – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

1. dee August 3, 2011 at 14:44 #

I like her Vogus cover look. I do not like the TV appearance look.

2. Laura August 3, 2011 at 14:45 #

I like the color combo and top, but the pants seem a tiny bit tight to me. I do like the relaxed look on Katie.

3. feliciab August 3, 2011 at 14:52 #

This isn’t working – for me or for her. Maybe if the sweater were a slouchy vest (the American version of “vest”) instead and the pants were ankle length? Yeah, maybe then.

Good hair, though.

4. Mick August 3, 2011 at 15:44 #

I dislike the combo very much, although i quite like the pieces separately. I hate how the white tank shows from underneath the pullover. Also, the shoes are wrong with the outfit, they are too ladylike for the rock-style pants. On the other hand, the magazine cover is quite great.

• Lils August 3, 2011 at 17:47 #

I agree to everything except that I hate the pullover.

5. Raquel August 3, 2011 at 15:50 #

I like the red jeans. I think she looks really good.

6. andrea August 3, 2011 at 17:23 #

I thought she looked pulled together in the TV appearance… are those jeans or leather pants? They look leather – regardless, they fit her like a glove. My only complaint would be that they created a truncating illusion on her legs – its hard for petite ladies to pull off capri pants. B- overall.

7. Jones19 August 3, 2011 at 17:40 #

I just can’t approve of 99% of the things she wears, she never makes anything look good. I guess she just doesn’t know how to work an outfit.

8. Alina August 3, 2011 at 18:29 #

I like the fact that she seems really happy and her face is simply glowing.

9. Lucía August 3, 2011 at 19:48 #

I don’t like this…I think all these clothes don’t match together…

10. Emi August 3, 2011 at 19:56 #

Cute clothes badly matched. But she’s been looking so happy lately. The cover of Vogue is beautiful.

• laura D August 3, 2011 at 20:32 #

Agree 100%

11. mari August 3, 2011 at 20:03 #

a white top, a brown pullover and it still seems like she desperatly needs a bra…
    happy looking, much better than the other day when she was wearing some weird fitting jeans and a too small hat. I still think that she does not have style.

12. AnderBoBo August 3, 2011 at 22:49 #

She looks absolutely beautiful however I really do not like the Isabel Marant jeans on her. She carries her weight in her hips/legs and wearing skin tight red capri jeans is certainly no way to flatter that body type. The Vogue cover, while photoshopped no doubt, is stunning.

13. Katie August 4, 2011 at 11:49 #

This doesn’t work for me at all

14. Elaine2 August 4, 2011 at 13:43 #

Very poor choices on this particular outfit, that’s for sure…….the jeans could work if she wore a shapely, fitted jacket on top, maybe with a floaty print bow blouse underneath – something to draw the eye upward rather than to her hips. She really needs different shoes, as well – these are not working for me. LOL. I rarely see Katie Holmes in a killer outfit, she usually looks a bit disheveled……

15. Sophie August 4, 2011 at 20:13 #

I think she looks OK but those shoes need to GO

16. micheline August 7, 2011 at 00:59 #

Yikes.
    I get a little irritated with celebrities who have pretensions of being fashion designers, but have no concept of style or form.