Who Wore Salvatore Ferragamo Better? Teresa Palmer, Fan Bing Bing or Lady GaGa

I was excited to learn from Deango this morning that Fan Bing Bing had also worn the Salvatore Ferragamo houndstooth dress from the Fall 2011 collection, so now we have a 3-way WWIB?

Teresa Palmer was the first to wear this now very popular dress when she attended the Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012 presentation in New York City back in June.

The Australian actress opted to let the dress do all the talking by adding black Ferragamo pumps and a silver Ferragamo clutch.

Our beloved Fan Bing Bing also opted to wear black pumps with her dress, but went one step further by adding a black sash tied to the waist, plus a black hat with a veil.

She looked regal and statuesque whilst attending the launch of Salvatore Ferragamo’s fragrance, ‘Attimo’ in Beijing, China last month.

Lady GaGa opted for a Salvatore Ferragamo head-to-toe Fall 2011 houndstooth look yesterday on ‘The View’, with a multi strand pearl necklace.

Whilst some of you think GaGa over cooked it, I admire her for not making this head-to-toe houndstooth look monotonous, so she wins very easily for me.

If you love this dress as much as Teresa, Fan Bing Bing and Lady GaGa, you can pre-order it from Luisa via Roma and trunkshow.ferragamo.com for those who live in the US.

Credit: Style.com, BFA, Pint-Sized Fashionista & PacificCoastNews

Sidewalk Style - Rachel Bilson's Isabel Marant Sweater, Sigerson Morrison Sandals & Chloé Aurore Leather Bag

Sidewalk Style – Rachel Bilson’s Isabel Marant Sweater, Sigerson Morrison Sandals & Chloé Aurore Leather Bag

In Rita Wilson's Closet - Elie Saab Cascade Sleeve Gown

In Rita Wilson’s Closet – Elie Saab Cascade Sleeve Gown

17 Responses to Who Wore Salvatore Ferragamo Better? Teresa Palmer, Fan Bing Bing or Lady GaGa

1. mol August 2, 2011 at 07:33 #

It’s really a tie for me – between Fan Bing Bing who brings out all the potential glamour and romance of this outfit, and Lady Gaga, who turns houndstooth into a piece of performance art. Bravo to both of them!

• Linda August 2, 2011 at 09:19 #

Agree with you, well put, except Fan’s shoes lose points and so Gaga wins for me.

2. Kin August 2, 2011 at 09:06 #

Fan look stunning but she kind of reminds me of an air hostess here. And I normally wouldn’t don Lady Gaga’s style but I just love how she’s having so much fun with this. A girl’s got to love some fun with fashion!

3. Cashawna August 2, 2011 at 09:08 #

I voted for fan bing bing she wore best…my question is how the heck is lady walkiing around with glasses like that with no help lol the things we do for fashion

4. Gaber August 2, 2011 at 09:15 #

This really isn’t the most of flattering of dresses, with a lot of excess volume to it, no?
    While I am a bit bothered by the skirt on Bing, I think that the sash (in combination with her black hair) pulls the look together the best out of the 3.

5. Caitlin August 2, 2011 at 09:16 #

Theresa, but if only she’d had a red clutch!

6. CreoleLady August 2, 2011 at 09:42 #

Teresa all the way. Less is more with that bold houndstooth and I prefer the fit and the pointy pumps. Fan BB goes overboard again with accessories (belt so unnecessary, hair/hat combo doesn’t work for me) plus she’s wearing those hideous hooves. At least she didn’t pile on jewels. If she had, she would be Gaga.

• Lils August 2, 2011 at 10:40 #

ditto!

• dee August 2, 2011 at 15:07 #

I agree.

7. msd August 2, 2011 at 12:28 #

I voted for Lady Gaga …. and I don’t even like Lady Gaga! First time for everything, right? She made a not-very-exciting dress look really fun. It’s OTT but for some reason it works.

8. Julie August 2, 2011 at 13:38 #

I want to know how she walked around with those glasses. lol

9. robbie August 2, 2011 at 13:40 #

teresa, although fan looks good in it too. gaga just makes it look like an absolute joke.

10. Alina August 2, 2011 at 16:29 #

Fan Bingbing for being oh so glamorous !

11. justme August 2, 2011 at 19:37 #

Fan Bingbing for making it interesting without overdoing it.

12. Luca August 2, 2011 at 19:53 #

it kinda ages Fan and it makes her look heavy, plus i dont like the fugly shoes, also i dont find that hat and belt thing very chic, more old fashioned. Teresa looked the best in the dress itself but i just cant not give this to gaga who is having fun with fashion!

13. Nat39 August 2, 2011 at 21:24 #

Teresa – very lovely and perfectly safe. Fan – winner for me – rocks her look and that’s what I call ‘having fun with fashion’ as opposed to Gaga’s ridiculous mess passed as “artistic style”, “an extreme side of fashion”, etc.

14. e August 3, 2011 at 05:53 #

teresa and fan’s classic looks woudl have ben fasntastic with some spicier accessories. can you imagine red shoes? or turquoise? would have really wowed then