Dianna Agron In Stella McCartney – “Late Show with David Letterman”

Dianna Agron visited the “Late Show with David Letterman” in New York City yesterday.

My first reaction to seeing her in this Stella McCartney Rosalia bonded velvet dress was Black velvet? In August????

A lot of stars have managed to just about get away with wearing Fall 2011 looks on the red carpet, but this is too much for me on a sunny day in Manhattan.

It’s a real shame because Dianna does look really chic in her Stella McCartney dress with a sweetheart bodice and peplum flounce.

This is the first time I’ve seen her without comparing her to her “Glee” character ‘Quinn Fabray.’

I would’ve been in lust with this look had she worn it in October/November.

Just when we thought we’d seen the back of YSL Tribtoo pumps, Dianna returns them to the red carpet much to my (and your) displeasure.

On the plus side I adore her wavy curls and her bright pink lips.

Credit: Style.com & INFPhoto

Freida Pinto In Roland Mouret - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Freida Pinto In Roland Mouret – The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Sandra Bullock In Lanvin - "The Change Up" LA Premiere

Sandra Bullock In Lanvin – “The Change Up” LA Premiere

19 Responses to Dianna Agron In Stella McCartney – “Late Show with David Letterman”

1. Deepa August 2, 2011 at 12:08 #

Dianna Agron has really turned into one of THE fashionistas in Hollywood. I love that she isn’t afraid to be classy and elegant. Eschewing the horrible “show everything” trend. This is a great look on her.

Deepa

2. Fiona August 2, 2011 at 12:11 #

Compared with Freida Pinto’s look on the same day it looks even more ridiculous to wear black velvet. Shame because it is actually a beautiful look and fits her well. Hate the shoes, I was beginning to think we had seen the back of them, they detract from the dress for me.

3. Adina August 2, 2011 at 12:12 #

She looks fantastic: elegant, feminine, confident, mature, still young with her curly hair an pink lips…..
    I adore the entire look (I don’t mind the tribtoo’s, because they really work, and i can’t see this look worn with strapy sandals), but i agree it seems a bit out of place in a sunny day…

4. Paddy M August 2, 2011 at 12:24 #

The Tribtoos are proof that Dianna is one of those girls who doesn’t know much about fashion, she just wears clothes picked out for her which she think are safe and pretty.

That said, I love this look, and I’m not too bothered about it being such a heavy look for summer because I think she looks divine!

5. Letchik August 2, 2011 at 12:40 #

she looks ooooooold

• Laura August 2, 2011 at 16:25 #

She’s 25 and definitely doesn’t look it here.

6. noo August 2, 2011 at 12:53 #

despite it being a winter look and the unfortunate choice of shoes, i think she looks gorgeous :D

7. Marvel August 2, 2011 at 13:04 #

I really love this look. Yes the shoes could have been better but they dont go against the look. I do wish she wore it in November because it would have been perfect. A great mature look for her even though she picked it at the wrong time

8. CreoleLady August 2, 2011 at 13:20 #

We have been sweltering on the US east coast for weeks with 95+ degree Celsius temps. A complete miss for me no matter how chic. I know it is not summer everywhere but it most certainly is in NYC. I can’t even look at velvet, lol.

• CreoleLady August 2, 2011 at 13:24 #

Oops that would be 95+ Fahrenheit, rotl.

• maria August 2, 2011 at 15:29 #

i totally agree. It’s ridiculous to wear velvet with these temperatures. No matter how good you might look in it. For the same reason they could all start rocking the winter coats and boots now.
        I do love her hair and makeup.

9. giegg August 2, 2011 at 13:39 #

she looks terrible……matronly……..skirt is too long and ill-fitting……just wear things that are in season

plus her hair makes her look like a 4 year old

her best moment is still the michael kors….by far

10. Laura August 2, 2011 at 14:31 #

I usually love what Dianna wears, but I really don’t like this. It’s wrong for summer. Not only that, it’s just not right for Dianna. She is 25 years old. This dress ages her immensely IMO.

11. dee August 2, 2011 at 14:51 #

I would have liked this too if it was Fall.

12. Jones19 August 2, 2011 at 15:01 #

I think you meant “On the plus side..:” and yes this is way too fall looking for summer, what was she thinking?

• Fashion Critic August 2, 2011 at 15:03 #

yes thanks

13. Alina August 2, 2011 at 16:50 #

Bad…

14. Parvati August 3, 2011 at 15:21 #

I totally agree with you. Besides the Tribtoo pumps, I think this is a great look, from the hair to the gorgeous dress. But like you, I can’t believe she chose to wear such a dress, when, judging from the photo, it’s obviously very sunny in New York City. She could have kept this look for a Fall/Winter appearance…

15. Lucía August 4, 2011 at 21:19 #

Shoes could’ve been more interesting but she does look really good apart from being kind of a winter look