Who Wore YSL Better? Halle Berry or Jennifer Garner

Halle Berry looked resplendent on the red carpet for the 32nd Anniversary Carousel of Hope Gala in this gorgeous YSL Pre-Fall 2010 dress.

The raspberry-red asymmetrical gown gathers in the back to form beautiful layers of cascading fabric.

Halle accessorized with a grey and gold YSL box clutch, hooped diamond earrings and an oversized opalescent ring.

Her look was completed with her trademark pixie hair teased at the roots and flawless makeup.

Jennifer Garner won our votes for BDOTW when she wore the same dress in navy to attend the BAFTA Brits To Watch event last month.

The actress looked incredible, going for an understated look that spoke volumes.

Jennifer accessorized with beautiful David Webb earrings, a silver YSL metal box clutch and nude platform heels, finishing off her look with soft wavy hair and pretty light pink lipstick.

This one is incredibly hard to pick a winner. Both women look dazzling in their looks.

I prefer the fit on Halle, so she wins for me.

If you can’t make up your mind, click on the image above to see more pictures of the ladies in their YSL dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Dannii Minogue In J'Aton Couture

Best Dressed Of The Week – Dannii Minogue In J’Aton Couture

Get An Additional 20% Off Everything In theOutnet.com's Clearance Sale

Get An Additional 20% Off Everything In theOutnet.com’s Clearance Sale

17 Responses to Who Wore YSL Better? Halle Berry or Jennifer Garner

1. Jennifer A. August 1, 2011 at 10:05 #

I prefer Jennifer because the looseness gives it some movement and an off-the-cuff chic-ness. Halle looks gorgeous, but the fit on her dress makes it look like a standard dress.

• Verena August 1, 2011 at 18:01 #

Exactly what I thought. I like how the dress drapes around Garner’s hips – she looks like a goddess!

2. Jennie August 1, 2011 at 10:27 #

tough call, but i picked jennifer, because i remember when i first saw her photo, i was speechless for a moment. she really made an impression…

but when i saw halle, it didn’t really catch my attention until i read the title that they are wearing the same dress. the dress also looked a bit different on jennifer. i like the extra flare from the back. the whole pose made her look like a goddess.

• Alina August 1, 2011 at 17:45 #

ditto.

3. Joy August 1, 2011 at 10:33 #

That’s a tough one! They both are winners for sure, however I have to agree that the fit on Halle is better. I loved Jennifer in this dress a few weeks ago, but now compared to Halle I can see it might have been too big through the middle.

• CreoleLady August 1, 2011 at 12:21 #

Absolutely agree. Jennifer was not my BDOTW when she won for this very reason. The wrinkles didn’t help either but that’s forgivable. Jennifer looks lovely but it’s Halle for me.

• dee August 1, 2011 at 15:26 #

I agree. I didn’t think she was BDOTW either. The wrinkles on her dress ruin this look. There looks like too mush fabric in the waist area. It fits Halle much better.

• Nat39 August 1, 2011 at 19:55 #

Jennifer didn’t get my vote either. Halle wins for me for the fit, the color (very beautiful against her skin tone), and somehow the hair. I find Jen’s loose hair isn’t quite working here but I do prefer her earrings.

4. Laura August 1, 2011 at 13:58 #

I wanted to give it to Jennifer because I prefer that color, but the fit is so much better on Halle. Gotta give it to her.

5. Sea August 1, 2011 at 14:06 #

I like both, but as you said, the fit on Halle is better.

6. robbie August 1, 2011 at 15:50 #

halle. the fit is better and the colour is fantastic against her skin.

7. Sara August 1, 2011 at 16:24 #

this is the hardest Who Wore it Better yet! Even though I like the fit on Halle better, I gave it to Jennifer. I remember when I first saw her, I was taken aback by how amazing she looked. Yes, it’s beautiful on Halle but she didn’t make me go “Oh wow ” like Jennier did.

8. feliciab August 1, 2011 at 17:57 #

I was also amazed by Jennifer and she got my BDOTW vote. But the reason she grabbed my attention is that she’s so often “meh” on the RC that when she (finally) looked good it made a big impression. So, Halle.

9. justme August 1, 2011 at 18:12 #

For the fit and the short hair, Halle wins for me.

10. AJoanna August 2, 2011 at 00:34 #

I voted for Jennifer because that look may be my favorite red carpet look for the past few months. I love the color, elegance, and the fact that Jennifer looks blissfully unaware of how gorgeous she looks.

11. Lucía August 4, 2011 at 21:08 #

I prefer the fit and the color on Halle.

12. Katharine August 26, 2011 at 02:52 #

Belatedly noting that Jennifer Garner’s just announced her third pregnancy, so the fit of this dress is perfection.