Lady GaGa In Salvatore Ferragamo – The View

Lady GaGa opted for a very sophisticated approach to dressing whilst co-hosting The View earlier today in New York City.

She also performed her new single, “You And I” on the show.

The singer, who’s known to wear either outrageous looks or not much at all, wore a Salvatore Ferragamo Fall 2011 look.

The look included a houndstooth printed silk dress, houndstooth painted python pumps, houndstooth glasses, a houndstooth hat, a houndstooth painted python clutch perched atop her houndstooth printed piano plus a multi-strand pearl necklace.

Her interview cue-cards were also backed with the houndstooth print.

Is GaGa having fun with fashion or has she ruined houndstooth for you forever?

Credit: Style.com & twitpics @hausofjess

Lady Gaga In Alexander Wang - Departing The Late Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Lady Gaga In Alexander Wang – Departing The Late Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Who Wore Salvatore Ferragamo Better? Teresa Palmer, Fan Bing Bing or Lady GaGa

Who Wore Salvatore Ferragamo Better? Teresa Palmer, Fan Bing Bing or Lady GaGa

21 Responses to Lady GaGa In Salvatore Ferragamo – The View

1. Flockart August 1, 2011 at 17:44 #

bellissimo vestito

e che performance! questa ragazza è straordinaria

2. Henrique August 1, 2011 at 17:53 #

Thanks God Teresa Palmer wore this dress before and looked gorgeous

3. Paddy M August 1, 2011 at 17:57 #

I’ve always considered Lady Gaga’s approach to fashion quite disrespectful. She picks out exquisite items of clothing from designers who have taken a lot of time and creative effort to create them, and wears them for shock value, and diminishes their individual worth by incorporating them into generally ugly overall looks. However, I am grateful that she seems to be slowly reversing back into a calmer approach to fashion, albeit still not one which I can quite buy into.

4. robbie August 1, 2011 at 18:05 #

ruined it. if she really wants to shock people she should wear jeans and a t-shirt that would shock everyone.

• dee August 1, 2011 at 18:49 #

I agree. I was gonna say something similar. We have grown so used to seeing these types of looks from her where they are no longer shocking or interesting.

5. Nat39 August 1, 2011 at 19:24 #

She certainly took the runway matchy-matchy look too far as she does with everything to the point of looking ridiculous, turning everything into tastless comical nonsense. I cannot call this nonsense “having fun” with fashion, it’s more like making fun of/interfering with it.

6. The Very Simon G August 1, 2011 at 21:02 #

I LOVE a bit of dogtooth… thank God for Lady Gaga, no one could this much of the print and get away with it! Even the piano! WOW… x

7. B August 1, 2011 at 21:03 #

I liked it, but the hat and the glasses were too much.

8. DivaMom August 1, 2011 at 22:12 #

A lot tamer than a meat dress, so I say thumbs up!

9. Cara August 1, 2011 at 22:30 #

i think its fun and it hasnt ruined it for me…id definately buy the dress…maybe not the matchy shoes

10. mol August 1, 2011 at 22:38 #

I love it.

11. Ben Houghton August 2, 2011 at 00:00 #

It’s not so much the matchy matchyness that gets to me, but the style of the matchy matched additions. Like, that hat is pretty boring. Ditto the glasses
    I think could have been way more fun if she had got some houndstooth Baroque Deluxe glasses and channeled Mcqueen with a hat…

12. Elaine2 August 2, 2011 at 03:29 #

My response is a simple:

13. Carolina August 2, 2011 at 03:43 #

I think GaGa rocks. Why NOT have fun with fashion as performance – we know that’s what it is, in any case. There is a lengthy spectrum, with style, from ‘I think I’ll add a trendy accessory’ to ‘no one would seriously wear that in real life’ – and GaGa falls at that farther end. There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever, in my view.

14. roxana August 2, 2011 at 05:40 #

she looks like the feminine version of elton john!

15. Vidhya August 2, 2011 at 06:02 #

Fashiin is multi-faceted.. As it would include a gorgeously turned out diane kruger, a little goth dita von teese and a fun and flirty zoe saldana, so does it also include Vivenne westwood’s massively costumey shows, couture looks that are meant to trigger your imagination and Lady Gaga.. this is one extreme of fashion.. i dont understand all the lady gaga bashing..

• Martin August 2, 2011 at 06:41 #

Couldn’t have said it better. Brilliantly expressed!

• mol August 2, 2011 at 07:30 #

Yes, so well said Vidhya, I often wonder when people look at something, if they don’t see themselves in it, then they don’t like it. If so, then that is too bad as it’s much more fun to enjoy a wide range of interesting and beautiful things that fall outside of what you yourself would wear or do. As far as Lady Gaga goes, it’s really performance art done in a pop venue and so all the ‘norms’ don’t apply!

16. Azalea August 2, 2011 at 10:08 #

Killed it… conjurs up images of Daniela Westbrook in head-to-toe Burberry non?? I know Gaga is a spectacle and is supposedly not taking herself seriously, but I can’t stand her!

17. WendyB October 21, 2011 at 17:16 #

Girl, I’m linking to this post from something I’m doing for the Huffington Post!

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2011 at 17:17 #