Angelina Jolie In Elie Saab – 17th Sarajevo Film Festival

Angelina Jolie walked the red carpet with Brad Pitt during the closing ceremony of the 17th Sarajevo Film Festival on Saturday at the Sarajevo National Theatre in Bosnia.

The actress accepted the Honorary Heart Of Sarajevo award for bringing attention to refugees in the country.

Considering the nature of the award I think Angelina – who often wears a lot of black – struck the right balance by showcasing her beauty whilst being respectable and tasteful.

There were no plunging necklines, no OTT jewels, just a beautiful Elie Saab Spring 2011 blouson gown teamed with nude glossy lips, sleek straight hair and a gold bracelet.

The silk loose fit gown with three-quarter length sleeves gathers at the waist plus it has a large overlap on the skirt which reveals a split when she walks.

Jimmy Choo nude peep-toes and a matching clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Reuters

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Jennifer Hudson In Lela Rose - 12th Annual Art For Life Benefit

Jennifer Hudson In Lela Rose – 12th Annual Art For Life Benefit

40 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Elie Saab – 17th Sarajevo Film Festival

1. Terry August 1, 2011 at 12:10 #

She looked lovely but the blouson shape of the dress doesn’t convince me at all.

2. rebecca August 1, 2011 at 12:12 #

I absolutely hate it. It completely engulfs her and it just looks unpolished which defies everything that she represents

• Jennifer A. August 1, 2011 at 16:02 #

Totally agree. Also, her hair, which generally looks good (if boring) looks terribly limp here.

3. Vidhya August 1, 2011 at 12:17 #

I love the bow addition.. and i do love the dress.. her arms and legs have been freaking me out for quite some time.. stick thin..

4. The Dame August 1, 2011 at 12:20 #

I would have liked to have seen a green jewelled necklace on her. I like that this is simple and free flowing, its very Spanish like, so befitting.

But I would have liked to see her in something else from Elie’s collection, everything he does is phenomenal.

5. Quinn August 1, 2011 at 12:59 #

I agree with you FC. this is very appropriate for the event. loving it! gorgeous, as always.

6. D August 1, 2011 at 13:09 #

great colour but dont like the cut so much. she aged so quickly… sigh.

7. kiwi August 1, 2011 at 13:11 #

I love it, is very event appropriate

8. Linda August 1, 2011 at 13:14 #

I prefer the styling on the model. Also, I think she chooses dresses like this to cover her arms.

9. Mia August 1, 2011 at 13:49 #

Shame, I go home on Thursday and then she unexpectedly comes to Sarajevo on Friday. If I had known she was coming I would have stayed one more day…

I don’t really like the gown itself but it somehow looks good on her. This colour is great for her, she should definitely wear less black. All in all, very elegant.

10. Laura August 1, 2011 at 13:57 #

The color is the only remotely shocking thing about the look. The thigh-high split and blousson shape are all typical Angelina. I’d rather she wore a more interesting shape in a neutral or black than this. This does nothing for her, and it’s a waste of such a good color.

11. Sea August 1, 2011 at 14:04 #

I’m so happy to see her in this color, which she rarely or never wears. She looks great in it.

• Sea August 1, 2011 at 14:05 #

and although some say the dress is bedsheet-like, I think she wears it better than the model.

12. Elaine2 August 1, 2011 at 14:14 #

I like the color on her, the simple accessories and shoes, but the cut of the gown reminds me of a lounging robe or caftan that I think would be better worn at home. She has had that “starved” look for some time now and I agree with the other posters that’s it’s good to see her arms and legs covered.

Now, I wonder if she could find a good stylist for Brad. He’s looking pretty rough lately. What happened to that hunky guy he used to be? He looks pretty AWFUL here! EEEK!

13. mochababe73 August 1, 2011 at 14:27 #

I love the dress and the color. I know that it’s supposed to be blouse-y, I still think that the dress is too big on her. Either that or the fabric is different because it looks big and heavy.

14. Gillian August 1, 2011 at 14:30 #

When I saw this look, she was the person I wanted to see in it, I’M SO HAPPY.

15. groucho August 1, 2011 at 15:03 #

nice to see her wearing color, but i think the dress is too big for her, it makes her even skinnier than she is.. the dress looks great on constance, fresh and elegant

16. Set August 1, 2011 at 15:21 #

Gorgeous dress, she makes it so so blah n boring. Her hair no accessories. Better on the model. Angle is so overepated.

17. Lucía August 1, 2011 at 15:23 #

Love it on the model, hate it on Angelina

18. dee August 1, 2011 at 15:23 #

I like the dress on her and I don’t think it is too big. I just wish her hair wasn’t so flat and she wore some bigger earrings or a statement necklace.

19. Erini August 1, 2011 at 17:08 #

I agree with FC, event appropriate, I do prefer the styling on the model but it would have been too much for that event. Elie Saab… can do no wrong in my opinion!

20. Tatiana August 1, 2011 at 17:12 #

She needed a statement necklace or a little something something to step up her look, plus better hair (looks lifeless and greasy). Other than that I think it’s just an okay look for her.

21. Tahj August 1, 2011 at 17:28 #

I feel like she wears these loose sacks because she wants to have them be her trademark style. She so caught up in creating her iconic look. But really she’s too thin and it just looks like she’s wearing a bag.

22. mari August 1, 2011 at 17:34 #

Given the fact that she was receiving honors for serious affairs,I think this look is very appropriate. If it were a regular red carpet, then she should have worn a big necklace or something,

23. Jones19 August 1, 2011 at 17:38 #

She’s worn this loose flowing covered up dress too many times.

• Alina August 1, 2011 at 17:49 #

That’s what I was about to say. I feel like I always see this type of dress on her.

• D August 1, 2011 at 19:34 #

24. justme August 1, 2011 at 18:08 #

Thank God I still have my Fight Club DVD to remember the good old days because Brad is fighting his hotness with everything he has. And boy, is he winning? The hair, the middle part, the suit, the shoes… no!

Back to Angelina. A gold cuff wouldn’t have hurt her. Some curls in her hair too. Don’t get me wrong, she looks nice. But it’s sad to see a beautiful dress wasted on someone with a boring style.

• Vidhya August 2, 2011 at 06:05 #

totally agree about Brad.. the last time I saw him looking hot was in Mr. and Mrs. Smith :(

25. Emi August 1, 2011 at 19:58 #

Gorgeous, I saw her on tv, the dress is beautiful but I wonder what happened to her beautiful glossy hair… it’s so stringy now.

• laura D August 1, 2011 at 21:08 #

Malnourishment can do that. I’m not saying that she *is* malnourished, but she has looked overly thin for many years now and I worry for her health.

• Emi August 2, 2011 at 06:30 #

Honestly… that’s exactly what I thought. Her hair looks quite stringy at least since Cannes.

26. Jazz August 1, 2011 at 21:37 #

she looks so chic and appropriate. love it!

27. Hisadora August 1, 2011 at 21:50 #

I think she looks really beautiful. This color is great on her.

28. Carmen August 1, 2011 at 23:03 #

Yay! An Angelina outing! She looks as beautiful as always. I love this simple look, but if I were to add something, I would’ve loved to see a beautiful drop earring. Nonetheless, she looks stunning.

29. Hannah August 2, 2011 at 00:54 #

I almost always find Angelina Jolie boring. She is beautiful, that is completely undenialbe, but the clothes she wears are often actually very dull (with the exception of her recent michael kors black look), and I am a lover of simplistic clothes, but not boring. I find her to lack that amazing power she once had on the red carpet. This dress gives me major deja vu of almost every gown she has ever worn, namely her Max Azria SAG awards gown.

30. solo August 3, 2011 at 09:58 #

I am sorry, but this color is atrocious. It is in that no man’s land where no color should be.

31. Annel August 3, 2011 at 20:20 #

Super belle! Love the style+colour of the dress.

32. sstephan August 4, 2011 at 02:19 #

The designer behind the dress is a Genius, and the woman wearing it is a Godess…perfect combination:)

33. Jane August 7, 2011 at 02:09 #

Does anyone know what the bracelet/cuff she is wearing is? Regardless of whether it is “enough” jewelry for the dress and the event, I love it and haven’t been able to find who made it. Thanks.