Who Wore Miu Miu Better? Anna Dello Russo, Camilla Belle or Courtney Love

Of the 39 piece Miu Miu Fall 2011 collection, this white floral print dress is proving to be the most popular.

Having seen the dress up close earlier this week, I was interested to learn that the floral print is accented with sequins.

Anna Dello Russo gave this dress its first outing when she attended several menswear Spring 2012 shows during Milan Fashion Week last month.

The Editor at Large for Vogue Nippon was never going to opt for a simple predictable heel.

Anna wore Miu Miu crisscross glitter ankle boots with from the same Fall 2011 collection, with green drop earrings and a gold clutch.

Next up was red carpet regular, Camilla Belle.

She wore Miu Miu glitter pumps with her floral dress to the Miu Miu Presents Lucrecia Martel’s “Muta” event just last week.

Looking as gorgeous as ever Camilla added a simple Miu Miu pink clutch, Cartier jewels and pretty pink lips to complement her dress.

I am shocked to see Courtney Love wearing this Miu Miu dress to Ladies Day at Goodwood racecourse in Chichester, England yesterday.

The singer has such extremes in fashion going from “Fashion Forward” to “Hot mess” to “Screaming hot mess”, but she was surprisingly demure on this occasion.

With an elaborate feather fascinator and beige leather gloves, her lady-like look was paired with Giuseppe Zanotti snake-effect leather T-bar sandals and a snake-skin shoulder bag.

Anna wins for me on this occasion.

I ruled Camilla out because the dress makes her look thicker around the waist and Courtney Love’s snake-skin bag is so out of place with her look.

If you can’t make up your mind, click on the image above to see more pictures of the ladies in their Miu Miu dress.

You can purchase their Miu Miu dress from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Hilary Duff's Current/Elliott Stiletto Distressed Skinny Jeans

Hilary Duff’s Current/Elliott Stiletto Distressed Skinny Jeans

Freida Pinto In Marios Schwab – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Freida Pinto In Marios Schwab – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

19 Responses to Who Wore Miu Miu Better? Anna Dello Russo, Camilla Belle or Courtney Love

1. noo July 29, 2011 at 12:11 #

i don’t get why they all added chunky shoes to such a delicate pattern and color!

2. Carolina July 29, 2011 at 12:29 #

I agree – none of them would be my choice, based upon the shoes alone.

3. kiwi July 29, 2011 at 12:42 #

I am very reluctant to vote since all 3 went wrong with 1 or the other accessory. Courtney’s shoes don’t jar as much as the other 2, her bag is completely out of sync. I wud go with Camille though her shoes are so wrong.. but Anna’s shoes tho great do not go with this dress at all

• dee July 29, 2011 at 14:52 #

I agree with you.

4. june July 29, 2011 at 12:52 #

this dress is terrible on all of them. anna’s shoes are way too heavy and don’t match, the dress plus that hair ages camilla a lot and the shoes don’t work either and finally courtney wore better shoes than the other two, but toted along a bag that didn’t match

5. robbie July 29, 2011 at 13:07 #

simple none look good in the dress.

6. andi July 29, 2011 at 13:11 #

I can’t believe how bad all of their shoe choices were! And I never thought I would vote Courtney Love for best dressed, especially up against Camilla Belle, but out of the 3 she at least had the right idea with her white peep toes.

7. Joy July 29, 2011 at 13:35 #

They all are pretty bad. Not a great dress Miu Miu. However, I reluctantly must go with Courtney Love. This would definitely be a first. It looks too big for Camilla. Anna just has too many things going on by adding gold, and silver/black booties and attention grabbing earrings it’s all very detracting from the sweetness of this dress.

• Mick July 29, 2011 at 14:41 #

My thoughts exactly

8. Vicky July 29, 2011 at 13:52 #

On the model the skirt comes to the knee, but all three have it below the knee which makes it too matronly for me. Add to that chunky heels (Courtney with the “best” option) and a fabric that seems quite stiff and you have three Hot Mess-outfits.
    Simply put, I don’t like any.

• Verena July 29, 2011 at 14:57 #

You’re right. I suspect that they altered it for the shop version. Courtney is rather tall so I doubt it would simply be too long on her.

All in all I really don’t like the dress and agree with everyone that none of them has styled it well. Courtney wins for me tho and it goes like this: Camille is out of the race because you have to have some sort of personality to pull this off. Anna is out because she’s such an icon, she should have known better. So we’re left with Courtney who picked the least offensive shoes. Coming from someone who hates whites shoes…

9. Scott July 29, 2011 at 15:26 #

I honestly don’t mind Camilla’s accessories, they’re interesting and keep this look from being too boring.

And why on earth do we ever need to put Courtney Love in a Who Wore It Best? Feels like a cruel joke.

10. HM July 29, 2011 at 16:04 #

FC…are you predicting the future with Courtney Love? I don’t foresee her wearing the dress again on the 28th of August 2011…teehee!

P.S. I have always and will always love your site! It always makes my day…either intentionally or not, Lol!

• Fashion Critic July 29, 2011 at 16:13 #

You are very kind x

11. -N July 29, 2011 at 16:21 #

I vote Anna too. FC i know you’re not a fan of black shoes but with this dress it works great, makes it edgier any other color would make it maternal and dated

12. jx July 29, 2011 at 16:30 #

i think this dress reuires a wearer with a defined waistline. or a cinching belt perhaps?

13. carla July 29, 2011 at 17:30 #

Courtney Love on August 28th 2011? Predictology?

14. KateS July 30, 2011 at 06:45 #

It must be one of those dresses that look better in person, because it really doesn’t have much photographic appeal in any of these iterations, but people keep wearing it.

15. marian August 1, 2011 at 19:13 #

voted for camilla but really think they all look bad. makes me think it is the dress’ structure that is the problem. though the runway model is rocking it. go figure.

i’d love to see how dita von teese would rock this look.