Following her appearance on “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno”, Freida Pinto opted for a more summery look for the LA Premiere of her new movie, “Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes.”

Rather than opting for something edgy like the looks she gave us in her Interview editorial, Freida was radiant wearing a very simple Juan Carlos Obando Resort 2012 dress.

The jade green dress with a draped neckline and asymmetrical hemline billowed effortlessly as she made her way down the red carpet.

I was surprised she opted for a deep berry lip colour with this dress. I would’ve loved to have seen her wearing a lighter lip shade.

Tousled waves, Tom Binns Fauve hand-painted Swarovski crystal drop earrings, a matching bracelet and nude Brian Atwood ‘Wagner’ peep-toes completed her BDOTW worthy look.

I love the whole relaxed effortless vibe from this look.

She’s fast becoming one of my faves.

[nggallery id=914]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Rachel McAdams' Closet - Azzaro Karine Pleated Wool-Jersey Dress

In Rachel McAdams’ Closet – Azzaro Karine Pleated Wool-Jersey Dress

Mila Kunis In Lanvin - "Friends With Benefits" Berlin Photocall

Mila Kunis In Lanvin – “Friends With Benefits” Berlin Photocall

26 Responses to Freida Pinto In Juan Carlos Obando – “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” LA Premiere

1. roxana July 29, 2011 at 15:42 #

gorgeus. i don’ like the lipstick

2. Joy July 29, 2011 at 15:48 #

Super beautiful! BDOTW contender for sure. Freida looks stunning in this color. Her hair and makeup perfect. She looks so confident and grown up. This dress is so unusual too, each shot it appears different. The only shot I don’t like is the last one from the back. This picture makes me question if I would really like it in person?

• Rebecca Z July 29, 2011 at 16:56 #

I agree–the dress looks great from every angle but the back. The two lengths meeting at the back seam looks really sloppy and amateurish–there must have been another way. But she looks gorgeous in this color and I love her jewlery.

3. Ann July 29, 2011 at 15:49 #

I really love this look and was dying to know who designed this stunning dress. Thank you FC!

4. Mahima July 29, 2011 at 15:50 #

The picture of her dress caught in the wind, is such a movie star moment.

5. Gigi July 29, 2011 at 15:54 #

Her makeup is great, color is spot on.. just dislike the dress… saggy boobs and tail in back ruin it for me.

• Paddy M July 29, 2011 at 16:20 #

Her bust looks well supported, the dress just has a generous drape in the front.

6. Hannah July 29, 2011 at 15:55 #

I love the dress, thankfully something summery, the jewelry is gorgeous and the hair is too, but the makeup is awful, which surprisingly almsot seems to be a common facor from time to time between teh l’oreal girls. I think either her makeup is too light, and with the lips and eyes she ust looks a bit drawn out and slightly ill to me, there is no warmth that i am accustomed to seeing in her beautiful face.

7. fromchi-town July 29, 2011 at 15:55 #

She looks great in this color. I was unsure about the lip color in the main pic. But looking at other pics, I think it looks ok. It is a very interesting dress and she is totally working it. I just don’t like the way it looks from the back though.

8. Alina July 29, 2011 at 15:57 #

Love it! BDOTW contender for me.

9. Linda July 29, 2011 at 15:58 #

She looks beautiful, but I agree with FC about a lighter shade of lipstick.

10. gabis July 29, 2011 at 16:01 #

I don’t see how this look is BDOTW worthy. The asymmetrical hemline is just bizarre, the multi-coloured accessories are definitely a flop and the deep berry lips are just not helping at all…
    But I like her rosy nude pumps and wavy hair.

11. mol July 29, 2011 at 16:08 #

I love every aspect, lippie included! Most definitely a contender for BDOTW.

• dee July 29, 2011 at 16:16 #

+ 1

12. Paddy M July 29, 2011 at 16:21 #

Not too bothered about the lipstick, it’s fine, but agree it ought to have been lighter. Would have much preferred sandals to nude peep-toes (eugh) but she wears this lovely dress so well I’m willing to overlook these things and say BDOTW!!

13. Karen July 29, 2011 at 16:21 #

BDOTW contender for sure! And I don’t really mind the berry lips since her eye makeup isnt too heavy!

14. Nat39 July 29, 2011 at 16:22 #

Another very light dress weighed down by the heaviness of the shoes. The lips are too dark, agree. Not a fan of matching bracelet/earrings.
    Love the color, the hair, and the overall lightness of the look. BDOTW worthy.

15. Amanda July 29, 2011 at 16:59 #

WOW! What a gorgeous dress, great color, the jewelry is super-cool!!

16. noo July 29, 2011 at 17:09 #

it looks kind of off for me, the bust area and the hem, and freida’s lipstick is in a horrible shade!!!

17. Vidhya July 29, 2011 at 17:11 #

I think thats a Tom Binns “Fauve” hand-painted swarovski bracelet and earrings.. the necklace and earrings are available in Net-A-Porter.com

• Fashion Critic July 29, 2011 at 17:15 #

great spot.

18. mochababe73 July 29, 2011 at 17:53 #

I don’t like the styling of this look at all. It’s a really pretty color on her, but the shoes, hair, and the make-up are a miss.
    The shoes are too heavy, and the make-up and hair makes her look old.

19. Parvati July 29, 2011 at 20:57 #

While I didn’t mind the nude peep-toes on Dannii Minogue with her J’Aton Couture dress, I really don’t like them here with Freida Pinto’s outfit. I think they are too heavy for this dress, while a pair of sandals would have looked much better. I also don’t like the dark lipstick.

20. kiwi July 30, 2011 at 06:24 #

Love everything but the the Lippie

21. MG July 30, 2011 at 16:25 #

not a fan of the lipstick. also i think the green color may look better on someone with pale skin.