Anna Wintour In Balenciaga – “The Whistleblower” New York Screening

Just like many celebrities, Anna Wintour couldn’t wait to wear a look from the recently presented Resort 2012 collections.

This week she attended “The Whistleblower” New York Screening wearing a Balenciaga Resort 2012 dress.

The printed short sleeve dress was worn with all her trademark accessories:

– shades
– Manolo Blahnik kitten heels
– layered beaded necklace

I much prefer this look with the low slung belt.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Mila Kunis In Lanvin - "Friends With Benefits" Berlin Photocall

Mila Kunis In Lanvin – “Friends With Benefits” Berlin Photocall

On The Gossip Girl Set With Leighton Meester Wearing Louis Vuitton & Jenny Packham

14 Responses to Anna Wintour In Balenciaga – “The Whistleblower” New York Screening

1. mol July 29, 2011 at 18:20 #

I love the way it’s worn by the model, with the belt and the boots too. On Anna, I’m less entranced, the sleeves become awkward and the skirt without the anchoring low slung belt also seems poorly shaped. I won’t even deal with those silly shoes……

• Isa July 29, 2011 at 18:24 #

Totally! The way the model wore it, it’s wonderfull!

2. Mario July 29, 2011 at 18:21 #

As much I loathe that dress, it somehow.. magically works for her.
    Btw an interesting fact, what she always wears is not one necklace, but it’s many vintage necklaces that she has collected throughout the years and combines them looking like one according to the outfit :)

• jx July 30, 2011 at 17:51 #

those are not vintage necklaces, they’re antique Georgian (circa 1700s) riviere necklaces.

• Mario July 31, 2011 at 14:11 #

I did not mention the time they were produced, I said she has been collecting these kind of necklaces throughout the years.

3. Nat39 July 29, 2011 at 18:30 #

I think it may be one of those dresses that only work on the runway, def. prefer the interesting belt (instead of the necklace), and darker/brighter color shoes (def. prefer model’s boots) I wish she would lose her signature shades and hairstyle.

• Nat39 July 29, 2011 at 18:49 #

The shoes she chose are too light for this rather heavy dress, they don’t provide enough support for its weight, the dress is sort of “falling” on her feet.

4. Gigi July 29, 2011 at 18:47 #

Oh my God. She looks ridiculous.

5. robbie July 29, 2011 at 19:12 #

a belt would have been better, it makes her look bulky.

i do wish she would get some new manolo blahniks though, those are lovely but out of all his designs she only seems to wear those.

6. AW July 29, 2011 at 19:17 #

I know she’s “fashion royalty” but this woman bores me to death. Put on a real shoe for goodness sake!

7. Dhppy July 29, 2011 at 21:03 #

I don’t think anyone could make this dress work. I am happy that in this age of the ultra high heel, there’s someone out there willing to fight for the more wearable kitten heel.

8. Carmen July 30, 2011 at 00:47 #

Anna should REALLY switch up her look. It’s almost the same thing, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Like Azzedine Alaia said, “She’s not going to be remembered in the fashion industry for years to come.”

9. Elaine2 July 30, 2011 at 01:32 #

Anna is trying too hard in my honest opinion………..

10. Carolina July 30, 2011 at 03:09 #

Absolutely NO. Cut, styling, shoes, hair, glasses – no. She has plenty of confidence but this stiff and rather unattractive garment is still wearing her.