28.07.11

Dita on Teese In Vintage – “The Cointreau MargaDita” Dallas Launch

Cointreau Brand Ambassador Dita Von Teese launched her latest namesake cocktail the ‘Cointreau MargaDita’ in Dallas, Texas last night at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek.

The Burlesque star wore a vibrant-coloured vintage floral dress accented with a flowing green and yellow sash.

Her dress was paired with custom-made Christian Louboutin heels and a chartreuse Christian Louboutin feathered clutch.

I love that we are seeing Dita wearing something so colourful, but I don’t think the sash was really necessary.

Credit: Getty

Anna Paquin In Hervé Léger by Max Azria & Vince - LA Short Film Festival

Anna Paquin In Hervé Léger by Max Azria & Vince – LA Short Film Festival

Lady GaGa In Atelier Versace - 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Lady GaGa In Atelier Versace – ‘So You Think You Can Dance’

20 Responses to Dita on Teese In Vintage – “The Cointreau MargaDita” Dallas Launch

1. Rebecca Z July 28, 2011 at 21:01 #

I think it is quite beautiful and I like the sash. Too bad you can’t see the clutch. BORING shoes.

2. AW July 28, 2011 at 21:13 #

I disagree about the sash, it’s beautiful, highlights her tiny waist and breaks up what might’ve been a boring dress made from old hotel drapes.

3. Lara July 28, 2011 at 21:17 #

I quite like the sash. She looks gorgeous. Love the array of complementary colours

4. maria July 28, 2011 at 21:25 #

i love the dress and i like the twotoned sash. I love the waist definition it gives her and it adds even more to the retro feel.

5. Carmen July 28, 2011 at 21:47 #

I think Dita looks gorgeous. I’m on the fence about the sash though. I’m not sure if it’s a little too much. I love her clutch, but her shoes don’t look any more special than any other simple Christian Louboutin pumps.

6. Jimmy July 28, 2011 at 21:49 #

I live in Dallas and actually got to see the beautiful Miss Von Teese. The dress was even more beautiful in person and the sash was perfection. I have never seen anyone with such a stunning complexion. She is a vision.

• Sharon July 29, 2011 at 00:53 #

I am so jealous! I would love to see Dita and hopefully in something as colorful as this dress. I think the sash belongs – very much of the era. I always nominate her for BDOTW, and I’m not changing now.

7. justme July 28, 2011 at 22:04 #

The sash wasn’t necessary but it works. I know it’s her signature look but her foundation is killing me though. It’s way too light and way too much.

8. Nat39 July 28, 2011 at 22:38 #

Oh, this is certainly colorful. Agree with FC about the sash – it’s excessive here, creating a ‘decorative upholstery-esque’ overload. A thin belt would’ve been perfectly sufficient and worked well with the delicate thin straps of the dress. Dislike the shoes with this dress. The interesting clutch (I like it) certainly got my attention but it kinda adds to the above mentioned overload.

9. shopgirl July 28, 2011 at 22:56 #

she look good here love her lipstick color very pop color wish if she chose the same color for her shoes .. the dress is class and elegnet .

10. Paddy M July 28, 2011 at 23:00 #

I love the sash! I think it elevates the dress from being a nice vintage dress to looking quite couture! As a touch, it reminds me of the Japanese influences in the Fall 2011 Armani Prive show. BDOTW for me, as usual with DIta :)

• Jen T July 29, 2011 at 13:43 #

Agreed.

11. mol July 28, 2011 at 23:15 #

I think if only the sash had been a little shorter, I would have liked it more – the dress itself has a kind of tiki bar ’50′s vibe which I love – hawaiian punch anyone?

12. robbie July 28, 2011 at 23:25 #

I AM IN LOVE! head to toe perfection.

13. Alina July 29, 2011 at 06:56 #

I love Dita but I think this look is a little too much.

14. Kaki July 29, 2011 at 06:58 #

She has a Rumor Willis face, not cute at all! I have never seen such a bland stripper that warrants this much praise!

15. anne July 29, 2011 at 11:53 #

Love at first sight for me! I’m not even a fan of hers but this look is head to toe perfection. The clutch is gorgeous and i don’t find the shoes to be boring, it’s just that we can’t see the details.

16. Dhppy July 29, 2011 at 21:16 #

I adore the sash. It’s a genius touch. It updates the dress. I’m amazed anyone can see the shoes in this photo well enough to comment. I can’t.

17. kh July 29, 2011 at 22:54 #

i own several vintage dresses that are similar, the sashes are sewn on/part of the structure most of the time. it’s not like you can just take them off.

18. Jess July 30, 2011 at 15:09 #

Perfection. The sash stops this from being just another boring floral dress, and lends a 50′s tropicana vibe (especially with the feathered clutch). Love it!