28.07.11

Catching Up With Julianne Moore In Stella McCartney, Lanvin & Tom Ford

Emma Stone has been capturing our attention whilst promoting “Crazy, Stupid, Love” but we haven’t forgotten about her beautiful red-headed co-star Julianne Moore.

The gorgeous actress has been hitting the red carpet in some seriously stylish looks including this flirty Stella McCartney Resort 2012 dress, which Julianne wore to the World Premiere in New York last week.

The black dress features a sheer layer of fabric adorned with little black bows. Julianne chose a simple black clutch, Bvlgari jewels and black strappy heels to finish her look.

On Tuesday Julianne dropped by the ‘Today Show’ wearing an eggshell Lanvin dress with an exposed side zipper. Alexander Wang Resort 2012 tri-colour heels completed her look.

I love the little pop of colour provided by the orange insoles of her shoes.

Later on that evening Julianne visited the ‘Late Show With David Letterman.’

She went for a head-to-toe black look in this super chic fitted Tom Ford LBD which she paired with YSL heels.

On anyone else this could have read as boring but Julianne’s glossy red mane and relaxed confidence makes this a winning look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino - 'Maps To The Stars' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino – ‘Maps To The Stars’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Julianne Moore In Lanvin - 'Live With Kelly And Regis'

Julianne Moore In Lanvin – ‘Live With Kelly And Regis’

17 Responses to Catching Up With Julianne Moore In Stella McCartney, Lanvin & Tom Ford

1. CreoleLady July 28, 2011 at 14:14 #

Ankle straps on shoes make legs look shorter and stubbier than they are, an effect that can be exacerbated by the length of the dress. Yet she clearly loves them. Me, not so much.

• Gigi July 28, 2011 at 15:59 #

Me neither, Creole. She has a more muscular calf, and the ankle straps don’t flatter them. I think she looks okay in these looks, but something always seems “off” to me about her choices… too short? too long? not quite right fit? hair too long for her age? I don’t know, Just a fail to ‘wow’.

• dee July 28, 2011 at 17:05 #

Ankle strap only work on slender calfs. I love ankle straps for me but I don’t have thick, heavy legs.

2. Nia July 28, 2011 at 14:31 #

It’s great to see her featured again, I like her so much. The only thing I don’t like is when she wears thick straps that cut right above her ankles (like in the middle pic) She does this quite a lot, and it is not flattering for her leg shape.
    Other than that she is gorgeous and I really enjoy following her and her style choices.

• mol July 28, 2011 at 15:54 #

I agree with your shoe analysis, and I too love following her, both on the RC and in movies!

3. Annatjie Steyn July 28, 2011 at 14:39 #

I am inclined to totaaly agree with you on this lady’s dress sense.

4. Rebecca Z July 28, 2011 at 14:47 #

All three are outstanding looks. She is having a great week.

5. mm July 28, 2011 at 14:53 #

I agree with everything you said Zarina. I think she looks gorgeous in every look. I cant stand when she tries to do downtown girl or any of her Balenciaga looks.

6. noo July 28, 2011 at 15:26 #

i love how she can pull off all-black looks without boring us completely :D she is gorgeous in every way!

7. dee July 28, 2011 at 15:28 #

She looks great in all 3 looks.

8. DivaMom July 28, 2011 at 15:38 #

Loving her in the last look! It actually made me say “wow” out loud!

• Nat39 July 28, 2011 at 17:59 #

Love her last look too, that chic LBD is fantastic on her figure, and her hair is so pretty there.

9. Lily July 28, 2011 at 15:59 #

She looks absolutely fantastic. That red hair really pops against everything and her easy smile always adds.

10. Alina July 28, 2011 at 17:49 #

I loooooove the last look.

11. Carolina July 28, 2011 at 19:36 #

I like the last much more than the other two. The first obscures her shape, and highlights legs that while nice seem to fight in some way against the frou-frou and fun dress. The second looks funky at the shoulder area (like rounded shoulders) and the color does her no favors. In contrast, the third is perfectly fitted, with the sophisticated silhouette showcasing her long curves best. The black makes her gorgeous red hair glow, and the length works best on her legs. Even the T-strapped shoes help with what others have said is a problem, with the long T portion extending the legline.

12. Hannah July 28, 2011 at 23:59 #

I have real issues with nde and black being worn on the red carpet for promo tours, especially consecutively, and even more so in summer. I was hopig for colour and unfortunately did nto recieve it. Aside from that I adore her looks, although the tom ford reminds me so much of clare danes at the directors guild awards back in january.

13. Tahj July 29, 2011 at 00:10 #

Eh, I only like the third look because it has a simple, clean look. I don’t know what’s up with Julianne Moore’s dress sense the last few years though. I feel like she tries to go for edgy but it doesn’t translate.