Anna Paquin In Hervé Léger by Max Azria & Vince – LA Short Film Festival

Anna Paquin was spotted arriving at the Laemmle’s Sunset 5 Theatre for a Q&A session for her short film titled ‘The Carrier’ during the LA Short Film Festival on Tuesday.

The ‘True Blood’ actress wore a very contrasting look.

Her simple spring white Vince t-shirt was paired with a black Hervé Léger by Max Azria Fall 2011 textured pencil skirt.

The look was accessorized with leopard print platform heels and an Alexis Bittar necklace.

Normally I’m a fan of everything Anna wears, but the skirt feels too heavy for summer.

Credit: Style.com & PacificCoastNews

Rachel Weisz In Valentino - "The Whistleblower" New York Screening

Rachel Weisz In Valentino – “The Whistleblower” New York Screening

Dita on Teese In Vintage - "The Cointreau MargaDita" Dallas Launch

Dita on Teese In Vintage – “The Cointreau MargaDita” Dallas Launch

15 Responses to Anna Paquin In Hervé Léger by Max Azria & Vince – LA Short Film Festival

1. Molly July 28, 2011 at 20:08 #

All I can see are the hideous shoes. I actually like the way the simple white shirt “summers up” the skirt (which I really love – such beautiful texture). I think the necklace (and again those hideous shoes) is what makes this look seem too heavy for a sunny summer day.

• Gabriella July 29, 2011 at 18:32 #

Agreed; she should never wear chunky shoes, her legs are too…(heavy) thick?

2. gabis July 28, 2011 at 20:14 #

I have no problem with the skirt, but on the other hand I don’t like those leopard platform heels… so I’ll say I love this look from the ankles up…

• Rebecca Z July 28, 2011 at 20:31 #

Just what I would have said. Really heavy shoes.

3. Nat39 July 28, 2011 at 20:27 #

This look is seriously out of order: the t-shirt/pencil skirt clash, the heavy necklace, the thick-waisted silhouette, topped with the leopard nightmare on her feet – Not good at all.

4. Melrose July 28, 2011 at 20:31 #

AWFUL shoes! Shoerazzi needs to do one of their usual “She Should Have Worn” posts.

• Alina July 29, 2011 at 06:49 #

5. mol July 28, 2011 at 20:33 #

I don’t mind each individual piece but together, it seems overcooked….too much going on.

• Emi July 29, 2011 at 06:37 #

I agree with you, even if I don’t like the shoes.

6. Leti July 28, 2011 at 20:54 #

I would have loved this, if not for the shoes. I just can’t get on board with those clunkers! For me these are up there with those hideous shoes Elle Fanning recently wore.

7. Sandie July 28, 2011 at 21:00 #

I saw the tweet about this post and said ‘Oh no,not another colourful bandage dress’. When I saw the post,I wished it was! It is very serious and winterly for me, even though she wore sandals! I like the necklace however!

8. Molly July 28, 2011 at 22:53 #

Does anyone know what this skirt is made of? It is possible that what seems to read as very heavy wool/tweed texture in the photograph may really be something else and look very different and less heavy n person.

9. robbie July 28, 2011 at 23:24 #

the skirt would have looked great with a crisp white shirt and a nice pair of peep toe pumps. the t-shirt and those bricks on her feet ruin it.

10. doc July 29, 2011 at 01:12 #

I saw some close up pics of the skirt and it is leather. The texture comes from this three dimensional hounds tooth kind of pattern. That’s the only way I can describe it. It looked pretty cool to me. Yes this leather and it is the summer. BUT, the way this skirt hugged her booty made her hind parts look like a work of art. I never would have thought she had a butt like that. I think the exclamation point on this outfit would have been a pair of studded Louboutin Pigalle pumps. But, somehow I don’t think that is in line with Anna’s aesthetic. I’ll give her pass on the shoes she is wearing because there have been far worse offenders this year.

11. KateS July 29, 2011 at 02:54 #

haha, the very fitted white tshirt kind of reminds me of her Merlotte’s uniform, but she still looks pretty cute. The shoes do feel awfully heavy, though.