Who Wore Gucci Better? Eva Mendes or Karen Elson

Eva Mendes chose to wear this beautiful Gucci silk chiffon dress from the Fall 2011 collection whilst out promoting her movie “Last Night” at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival back in April.

Her scarlet red 70s-inspired chiffon dress features long blouson sleeves and a matching belt to cinch in the waist.

Eva paired the dress with strappy nude Jimmy Choo heels and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels, including gold earrings and two diamond rings.

She wore her hair in flowing waves to complement the vibe of the dress and added a sexy coral lipstick to her look.

Karen Elson wore the same dress to the launch of “Tonight We Tanqueray” in New York recently.

The stunning red-head looked striking in the dress, which she only accessorized with a pair of embellished strappy heels.

Karen also opted for matching red lipstick, which turned the heat up on her look several notches.

Whilst Eva looks amazing in red, I feel the dress is a little too conservative and covered up for sexy, curvy figure.

I love how the dress pops beautifully against Karen’s skin tone and hair colour so my vote is going to her.

You can buy Eva and Karen’s dress from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eva Mendes In Vintage Luis Estévez - 2013 Vanidades Icons Of Style Gala

Eva Mendes In Vintage Luis Estévez – 2013 Vanidades Icons Of Style Gala

Who Wore Tibi Better? Blake Lively or Taylor Swift

Who Wore Tibi Better? Blake Lively or Taylor Swift

11 Responses to Who Wore Gucci Better? Eva Mendes or Karen Elson

1. Alina July 26, 2011 at 10:24 #

I don’t love it on neither of them but I give my vote to Eva for looking more confident in the dress.

2. Jones19 July 26, 2011 at 12:20 #

Eva looks like she’s drowning in a sea of red. Karen looks like she’s actually wearing a dress that fits her. Eva take it from me, you can’t hide curves like that.

3. Christine July 26, 2011 at 13:13 #

The dress is gorgeous and both women wear it well but nothing beats a red-haired person in a red outfit, so I vote Karen.

4. Anna July 26, 2011 at 13:58 #

I like the “feel” the dress gets on Karen – it’s cool, it’s retro, a bit even “noir”-glamour. And I like her shoes better.

5. Fee July 26, 2011 at 14:15 #

Definitely Karen, I just feel it suits her look more. Eva looks a bit like she could be in costume

6. mol July 26, 2011 at 15:25 #

It’s Karen by a mile for me, the dress looks wonderful with her hair and skin tone, simple perfection.

7. DivaMom July 26, 2011 at 15:38 #

This one’s dangerously close. I like how the dress billows out on Eva, like a flamenco dancer flare. It’s bringing me the drama I adore. Plus, with the bounce look of her curls, she’s giving out major sex pot. However, Karen’s demureness is selling me on her in the look. I like her hushed toned sexy she’s bringing in this look. I think for me, she’ll win on that quality alone. Plus red on red is a win-win almost every time!

8. Carolina July 26, 2011 at 15:58 #

Karen’s coloring – I don’t know, my thought is that she looks sort of like death warmed over, while Eva’s coloring is spectacular against the red.

• Nat39 July 26, 2011 at 17:33 #

Karen looks ghostly (esp. pretty much without eyebrows). The deathly vibe throws me off the look. Eva looks vibrant and very much alive.

9. Amber July 27, 2011 at 00:08 #

On Eva it looks like an old lady’s nightgown, but on Karen it looks beautiful! Just goes to show that some people wear clothes and other people let clothes wear them.

• JT July 27, 2011 at 03:08 #

Too funny, totally agree. Though in defensive of Eva rarely have I seen her clothes overwhelm her.