26.07.11

The last time we saw Sarah Jessica Parker she was in Shanghai.

She’s since moved onto Taipei, Taiwan where she attended the “Artistry on Ice” press conference on Sunday.

The “Sex And The City” star is very much following the trend of the week by wearing a neon coral Diane von Furstenberg Resort 2012 dress.

Her DVF ‘Fumi’ dress with embroidered details and a bi-colour hemline was paired with black Roger Vivier ‘Second Chance’ sandals and a stark contrasting purple Tod’s Signature clutch.

I love several things about this look; the cute dress, the lioness mane, the unexpected pop of colour via the clutch and that adorable smile.

The only thing I don’t like are the shoes.

Velvet shoes with a summery dress doesn’t quite work for me.

Click on the image above to see more pictues from this event.

Credit: Getty

Jayma Mays In Rebecca Minkoff - Smurf Week Kick Off Ceremony

Jayma Mays In Rebecca Minkoff – Smurf Week Kick Off Ceremony

Jessica Alba In Alice + Olivia - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Jessica Alba In Alice + Olivia – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

21 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Diane von Furstenberg – “Artistry on Ice” Taiwan Press Conference

1. Kim July 26, 2011 at 14:28 #

she looks fantastic! i even love the shoes. the hair is the icing on the cake though, gorgeous!

• manja July 26, 2011 at 14:52 #

me too,fun and inetersting look.she just knows how.

• mol July 26, 2011 at 15:26 #

Agree 100%!

2. Jones19 July 26, 2011 at 14:36 #

I agree FC, the shoes are the only miss here. That mane is glorious!

3. AW July 26, 2011 at 14:38 #

I think she looks awesome, I agree with you FC about the shoes. I would ban black shoes for a year if I could, celebs abuse them.

I just love SJP she always looks like she’s having a lot of fun with fashion unlike certain celebs that seem to take themselves way too seriously on red carpet sporting a sourpuss.

Her smile is the best accessory!

4. robbie July 26, 2011 at 15:18 #

love the shoes just not with this look but everything else is fantastic. she looks beautiful.

5. Laura July 26, 2011 at 15:38 #

I really liked the look…and then I scrolled down.

The heavy shoes kill the look here IMO. I’m not loving the hair either. Shame because I really do like the dress.

6. Nat39 July 26, 2011 at 15:45 #

Can’t take my eyes off her hand. As they say, hands show a woman’s true age.
    It’s a nice look, and she ‘s got a very nice slim figure but the aging shows – legs, arms – it distracts from this rather youthful look quite a bit. The purple clutch comes out of nowhere, doesn’t look quite right. Agree about the shoes.

• Fee July 26, 2011 at 16:35 #

Agreed abut her arms and legs. She is heading into Courteney Cox territory. Ironically I don’t think this is due to ageing but due to over-exercise in order to keep a trim figure and ‘youthful’ look. I would rather see a bit of fat than bulging veins to be honest.

• Jones19 July 26, 2011 at 17:17 #

She actually has a disease which makes her hands look older.

• Nat39 July 26, 2011 at 18:03 #

Sorry but never heard of it. It’s a combination of factors – aging process, physical overexertion, sun exposure, genetics, etc.
        Once again, you can always tell a woman’s age by her hands.

• Jones19 July 26, 2011 at 22:08 #

And because you’ve never heard of it it must be wrong? She has a degenerative disease that affects her hands mostly. Google it.

• Nat39 July 27, 2011 at 01:01 #

@Jones19 No, it’s not wrong, I never said it was. Post a link.

7. dee July 26, 2011 at 15:53 #

The shoes ruin a great outfit. What a shame.

8. Lucía July 26, 2011 at 16:57 #

This is why I think SJP is so overrated. I don’t like the hair or makeup and I don’t even thing the dress is so nice. Also I feel like those shoes are too heavy…

9. Sandie July 26, 2011 at 17:00 #

Lovely dress! You’re right about the shoes.

10. Elaine2 July 26, 2011 at 17:41 #

I hate to be so negative, but I think it’s time for SJP to wear clothing that covers her up more. The veiny look is distracting. Also she could do with a different haircut. Maybe shoulder length with some wispy bangs…… Not a fan of the outfit, either.

On a brighter note, it does look as if she’s having fun, so that’s great!

11. Alina July 26, 2011 at 18:14 #

From the ankles up , love it !

12. AJoanna July 26, 2011 at 22:34 #

I love this look from the neck to the ankles. The hair is atrocious. It just looks so messy and ugly. And the shoes are almost laughably out of place. I have to confess I’ve never been a fan of SJP though.

13. kiwi July 27, 2011 at 06:29 #

That hair is awful

14. Ellen December 25, 2011 at 21:47 #

Yikes. This dress is ugly and unflattering. Everything about it. Of all the fantastic designs by DVF she had to pick this?