Sofia Vergara In Missoni – “The Smurfs” World Premiere

Katy Perry and Jayma Mays opted for super short minis at the “The Smurfs” World Premiere, but Sofia Vergara went in the opposite direction.

The curvaceous star wore a purple Missoni Resort 2012 full-length dress.

Her embroidered column dress didn’t showcase her famous assets, yet she still looks beautiful proving that she can find a happy medium and is willing to mix things up on the red carpet.

Whenever I see turquoise earrings I always think of Cameron Diaz (in the good old days) when she attended the 2007 Costume Institute Gala.

Purple and turquoise is a beautiful combination.

Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Calista Flockhart In Emporio Armani - “Cowboys & Aliens” World Premiere

Calista Flockhart In Emporio Armani – “Cowboys & Aliens” World Premiere

Jenna Ushkowitz In Twenty8Twelve - "Glee" Press Line: Comic Con 2011

Jenna Ushkowitz In Twenty8Twelve – “Glee” Press Line: Comic Con 2011

24 Responses to Sofia Vergara In Missoni – “The Smurfs” World Premiere

1. Laura July 25, 2011 at 21:04 #

I love the color on her and that she changed things up a bit. I really like the earrings, but I think she went overboard on the bracelets. Still, this is a really refreshing look from her.

2. noo July 25, 2011 at 21:08 #

LOVELY :D i’m finding that sofia is finally developing a personal style where she doesn’t wear the same color and designer all the time but still looks like herself :D

3. Ariel July 25, 2011 at 21:10 #

OMG! I’m in love! The gown is gorgeous! Love the color and her jewelery! Reminds me of Bollywood! Glitz and glam!

4. Nat39 July 25, 2011 at 21:18 #

So pretty. Love the color, not the best silhouette (well, it is a column dress after all), but still very beautiful.

5. CreoleLady July 25, 2011 at 21:18 #

Elegant. Grown and sexy. Love.

Read in a nice profile this past weekend that she was asked to dye her hair darker for her role in Modern Family. Yep, she’s a natural blonde.

6. robbie July 25, 2011 at 21:26 #

wow i am in shock. it isnt tight, corseted and doesnt show off the twins. she looks very pretty.

• Jess2 July 26, 2011 at 13:04 #

Her boyfriend is running for Senator or something so she may be trying to dress more conservatively now. I hope she doesn’t do this all the time tho. BTW Cameron Diaz looks stunning in that gown; it’s amazing compared to what she has been wearing recently.

7. Sandie July 25, 2011 at 21:28 #

She is my favourite from the Smurfs premiere. I would kill to have those earrings!

8. Gigi July 25, 2011 at 21:35 #

I think Sofia looks great… but Cameron Diaz…. wow! What a lovely dress and jewelry… I didn’t know you back then, FC… but my guess is the dress, etc. was a hit (minus problematic shoes and hair?) At least her makeup looked great!

9. Marvel July 25, 2011 at 21:50 #

Very cool. Best dressed from the premiere.
    If I did have one complaint, it would be to do something with her hair. Its always the same, I would have loved this look a lot more if her hair was up.

Gorgeous though

10. Dorian Gray July 25, 2011 at 21:55 #

Not traditionl MIssoni patterns but still the same great style.

11. Rebecca Z July 25, 2011 at 21:59 #

I think she looks fabulous and deserves a BDOTW nomination. This is tasteful, beautiful,and very well styled.

12. dee July 25, 2011 at 22:11 #

I think she could have done without all the bracelets. One would have been enough but despite that she looks beautiful.

13. Alice July 25, 2011 at 23:16 #

Nice. I think she could’ve done without a bracelet or…five but overall, the dress is beautiful, she wears it very well and the turquoise complements all of it wonderfully.

14. Hannah July 25, 2011 at 23:25 #

I agree, it is nice and refreshing that she doesn’t feel the constant need to be figure-hugging, she still makes me envy her this way.
    I agree, I miss the Cameron yesteryears, she has lost much of her natural charm and vibrancy, imo, and looks so much better in colour.
    Also, what isn’t beautiful with turquoise?

15. Jones19 July 25, 2011 at 23:46 #

Jeez what’s with the bracelet overload? I love the earrings, they were enough to compliment the dress.

• Alina July 26, 2011 at 06:17 #

I agree. The bold colours of the dress and the earrings were enough.

Beautiful dress.

16. Carmen July 26, 2011 at 01:59 #

Sofia looks lovely. If only she hadn’t worn so many bracelets! I would’ve either picked the turquoise earrings or the stack of bracelets- not both. But I guess she’s having fun, so who can blame the woman! I think the earrings look fine on this occasion, but if you want to see a truly gorgeous turquoise and purple moment, look back at Blake Lively in that laser-cut, purple Marchesa dress paired with her turquoise drop earring! GORGEOUS!

17. allie July 26, 2011 at 05:16 #

Beautiful

18. kiwi July 26, 2011 at 05:25 #

The bracelets look like a very Indian touch since its very common for Indian girls to ear upto 24 colored bangles on one wrist for weddings etc. She looks lovely.

19. Caitlin July 26, 2011 at 14:26 #

She doesn’t appear very into fashion, and I say that in a good way. She just wears beautiful clothes with tonnes of personality, just like her.

20. Anna July 27, 2011 at 15:46 #

BDOTW! Please, this is perfection. Love.

21. Raquel July 28, 2011 at 23:34 #

BDOTW. LOOOVE.

22. Anika @ Prom Dresses September 15, 2011 at 02:53 #

Sofia Vergara was looking nothing less than amazing, wearing a strapless floor-sweeping purple embellished Missoni gown. Purple and turquoise is a beautiful combination for her.