25.07.11 Premiere

Olivia Palermo is a real film buff, because she never misses a New York Premiere.

She attended “The Smurfs” World Premiere at the Ziegfeld Theater last night wearing an effortless summer ensemble.

The look included a beige sheer off-the-shoulder nude blouse with tie detailed sleeves with an ivory Elizabeth and James maxi flared skirt.

Her accessories were toned down once again, because on this occasion she only added a white thin belt and a tan clutch.

Maxi skirts are becoming a signature red carpet look for Olivia, but I wish she had opted for a shorter skirt on this occasion because she was wearing Stuart Weitzman sandals which she co-designed.

The navy satin ankle-wrap sandals embedded with fuchsia feathers is part of the “Stuart Weitzman Young Hollywood Cares Collection.”

All proceeds will benefit Dr. Marsha Moses’ pioneering research in ovarian cancer at the Folkman Institute in Boston, MA.

The “Stuart Weitzman Young Hollywood Cares” collection will also feature other co-designs by Hollywood’s young trend-setters which we will no doubt see on the red carpet soon.

Credit: Getty

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Olivia Munn In Tucker and ASOS - "Cowboys and Aliens" World Premiere

Olivia Munn In Tucker and ASOS – “Cowboys and Aliens” World Premiere

20 Responses to Olivia Palermo Debuts The Stuart Weitzman Young Hollywood Cares Collection @ “The Smurfs” World Premiere

1. Jones19 July 25, 2011 at 23:43 #

A nice look but pretty boring, I wish we could see the shoes better.

2. Tahj July 25, 2011 at 23:49 #

I am sooo sick of this girl. What does she even do? I find this recent trend of girls whose only existence is on the red carpet annoying. Oliva Palermo, Kate Bosworth, Camilla Belle, Diane Kruger (even though she atleast had something good with Inglourious Basterds, she’d rather be known more for her red carpet job), Alexa Chung….give me some more names guys of starlets who would show up to the opening of an envelope…

• dumpycactus July 26, 2011 at 01:18 #

i concur to some degree, but Olivia Palermo and Diane Kruger both have good fashion.

what’s Alexa Chung’s excuse (bad shoes, bad hair), or the Kardashians?

• JacobGH July 26, 2011 at 01:25 #

She was on the show The City which was a spin-off of The Hills. She works in fashion now….not everyone is an actress.

• Carmen July 26, 2011 at 01:52 #

Any reality t.v. stars. Being not so exclusive might be a good thing! Everyone is always looking forward to an Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt appearance on the red carpet for that reason! Being seen on the red carpet too much is tacky; like you have no other, more important places to be or things to do. I do love Diane Kruger’s style though.

3. Janice July 26, 2011 at 00:02 #

Is exposed bra the trend now?

• Elaine2 July 26, 2011 at 01:33 #

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

I wondered too if her panties were showing through, but I couldn’t tell for sure, and to be honest – I wasn’t all that interested.

I’d give this outfit a TWO THUMBS DOWN. Boring, weird, somewhat inappropiate equals -2.

• sonia July 26, 2011 at 20:33 #

i can see her panties too!!!! vulgar, as she is!

4. Camille July 26, 2011 at 00:15 #

Tahj – When I saw her my first thought was “Does she have a job? How can she go to all these premieres?” lol so I agree with you on all accounts (except for Diane Kruger I love her :)) But back to clothes – I think her outfit is way to casual for a premiere but i love her shoes and the cause!!

5. Hannah July 26, 2011 at 00:32 #

CLEARLY her adoration of film is her reason for attending these premieres. Also, in reference to her beig considered ‘young hollywod’, how exactly, recently especially, has she exactly earned that title?
    Also, this outfit irritates me, because of the exposed bra and the issues with the top of the skirt, which could easily be some kind of panty line. either way I am not a fan.
    AS for ehr shoes, I am undecided, mostly because I think they look a little cheap, almost, in the “official” photo of them, and because I cannot se them on Olivia, but I think if I saw them entirely I would like them. Her nail colour is also a very well appreciated, on my behalf, pop of subtle colour.

6. Nat39 July 26, 2011 at 01:42 #

Sheer boredom.

7. Carmen July 26, 2011 at 01:48 #

Those shoes are stunning! I agree; I do wish she would’ve worn a shorter skirt to show off those amazing heels! Olivia is dress appropriately for this movie premiere though, she is dressing low-key as to not upstage the stars of the movie. Her look is getting tiring for me though. Come on, Olivia! It’s summertime! Perfect weather to show off your legs; and in this case, shoes.

8. CreoleLady July 26, 2011 at 02:15 #

FC, you just crack me up with observations like your first sentence. Very smooth.

9. Cheryl July 26, 2011 at 05:48 #

Is it only me loving this look here? I love the ethreal feeling of the blouse and the skirt (ESP the blouse)
    She looks beautiful! Like the not-trying-too-hard feeling.

• Quinn July 26, 2011 at 11:26 #

i love it too!!

• justme July 27, 2011 at 17:56 #

I’m with you guys too, I love it.

10. NH July 26, 2011 at 06:29 #

what does a socialite do?

11. Alina July 26, 2011 at 06:35 #

Beautiful as always.

12. Bonnie July 26, 2011 at 08:46 #

She might be a socialite but the girl got effortless style,she should have shown those amazing shoes.But then Olivia Palermo always looks great!

13. karen July 28, 2011 at 18:22 #

Olivia has great style so I don’t mind seeing her so much on the red carpet considering how many badly styled stars there are. At least i know i can count on Olivia and Diane for some real fashion.