Ana de la Reguera In Gucci – “Cowboys & Aliens” World Premiere

Ana de la Reguera came to my attention at the “Cowboys & Aliens” World Premiere during Comic-Con 2011 on Saturday in San Diego, California.

The Mexican actress left Olivia Wilde in the shade wearing a Gucci Fall 2011 dress which we’ve seen on Beyonce Knowles.

Her bi-colour black-red silk chiffon halter gown with floral embroidery and black culottes was paired with simple black peep-toes and a black clutch.

I’m sure many of you had this look on your wishlist for your favourite actress, but did you imagine it looking this spectacular?

I know I didn’t, and I had it earmarked for always impeccable Zoe Saldana.

This is the very definition of flaw-free.

It’s only Monday and she’s the one to beat for BDOTW.

[nggallery id=908]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jayma Mays In Reem Acra - “The Smurfs” World Premiere

Jayma Mays In Reem Acra – “The Smurfs” World Premiere

Ciara In Emilio Pucci - Malibu Station Invasion 10-City Concert Tour

Ciara In Emilio Pucci – Malibu Station Invasion 10-City Concert Tour

50 Responses to Ana de la Reguera In Gucci – “Cowboys & Aliens” World Premiere

1. dee July 25, 2011 at 16:05 #

I do not like this at all. I hate the hair. The flowers on the dress are not flattering on anyone. It creates unneccesary bulk. I didn’t like this on Beyonce and it doesn’t look any better on Ana.

• Gigi July 25, 2011 at 19:19 #

I don’t like it either, Dee. Dislike intensely the velvet neck wrap and bow. Dislike how stocky the panties/skirt make her look. I do think wearing her hair up was better than down… and the petals.. UGH. I do have to admit, the color of her eyes is beautiful!

• dee July 25, 2011 at 20:54 #

I thought I was the only one who doesn’t like this dress. I agree the color of her eyes are beautiful.

2. Mille July 25, 2011 at 16:07 #

OMG she looks crazy good! BDOTW for me!

3. Moxie July 25, 2011 at 16:13 #

Gorgeous! Olivia will need to step up her game for the rest of the premieres.

• Fashion Critic July 25, 2011 at 16:14 #

agreed

4. Matt R July 25, 2011 at 16:21 #

Anyone else see a slight resemblence (sp) to Salma Hayek? Difference is, as beautiful as Salma is, I don’t think she could work this Gucci dress like Ana is. She is working it like Blake Lively would work a dress; with confidence and looking beautiful all at once. I wasn’t sure how well these dresses would translate off the runway, but Rosie and Ana have clearly changed my mind. Definitely BDOTW worthy.

• Alina July 25, 2011 at 17:00 #

I can see a resemblence to Paz Vega , even to Penelope Cruz.

• justme July 25, 2011 at 17:37 #

I see Paz in Ana too.

• ISmael July 25, 2011 at 20:07 #

Actually, they are from the same city: Veracruz

• María July 25, 2011 at 23:58 #

they are not. Paz is Spanish, from Seville.

• mari July 26, 2011 at 05:40 #

Ana is very pretty. Salma is from Coatzacoalcos and ana fom the capital of the state, Veracruz. Veracruz has provided the country with some of the “Miss Mexico” title holders.
        Ana has quite an elegant presence, love to see a fellow Mexican in this blog (besides Salma, of course).

• GusMex July 25, 2011 at 19:13 #

i´m mexican, and i live in Mexico, this is a very latin mexican beauty, like paz, penelope, salma, eva longoria, eva mendez, i fell so proud of her, she´s working so hard for breaking the barriers of lenguage, and is good to know that for now they have more support, now they can wear great labels, and look stunning on a red carpet, go girl!!! VIVA MEXICO!!!

5. Rebecca Z July 25, 2011 at 16:24 #

I think she looks stunning, but am getting over the transparent skirt/culottes with big panties trend. The shot of her from behind looking over her shoulder does not look good from the waist down–makes her legs look heavy and I am sure they are not.

• Rebecca Z July 25, 2011 at 17:07 #

This looks seems to require long willowy legs to work

• anna July 25, 2011 at 17:08 #

i had the same impression when I saw the picture of the back of the dress.

it disapointed me. but the make up is stunning!

• E July 25, 2011 at 22:29 #

Definitely agree about needing long legs. I also think the bun looks a bit severe…

6. Cassiie July 25, 2011 at 16:26 #

Unfortunately for me it’s a big deja vu and as much as she looks gorgeous in it, I thought of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Gucci during the Transformers premier.

• Paddy M July 25, 2011 at 17:48 #

The looks are from the same collection. It’s to be expected. Would you recommend that once a look has been worn from a collection, all other stars steer clear of all the other looks?

• Sandie July 25, 2011 at 19:39 #

I thought the same thing. She looks good but I couldn’t help not compare her with Rosie. And we know who won..

7. Nat39 July 25, 2011 at 16:32 #

Absolutely adore the hairstyle and the makeup with this quite spectacular dress. What bothers me is the sight of her buttocks and rather short stocky legs.

8. rebecca July 25, 2011 at 16:39 #

Am I the only one who think that the BDOTW position has been taken for the week? This look was one of my favorites from the fall season, and while I didn’t Ana to be wearing when I pictured it on the red carpet in my head, she does this dress AMAZING justice. I am so glad to see it on the red carpet, and more importantly, impeccably styled.I was really worried that some tacky star would wear this with her hair down and not do this piece of art justice.

9. Alina July 25, 2011 at 16:55 #

I LOVE THIS! I think that nothing will top this look for me this week.

10. Betty Brandenburg July 25, 2011 at 17:01 #

Fabulous and flawless, loved it on Huntington Whiteley and love it here.

11. robbie July 25, 2011 at 17:14 #

hate the sheerness, it just seems tacky. what is the point in wearing a skirt if you can see your pants through it in the first place?

12. Hannah July 25, 2011 at 17:39 #

She looks gorgeous! I hate to compare, but I much prefer this to Rosie Huntington Whitely’s gucci look. Tis colour doesn’t wash her skintone out, and the hair and makeup (the eyebrows are incredible!) give this look a lift which Rosie’s seriously needed. I also love the fact that she is supposedly 5’3 and I prefer it on her than on Natasha Poly. The fact that she doesn’t have overt diva attitude/Jennifer Lopez Sex face is a plus.
    The look on Olivia Wilde’s face kind of says it all, no?

13. justme July 25, 2011 at 17:39 #

I loved it on Beyoncé and I love it here.
    I wish Ana’s bun wasn’t so high but it’s a minor detail to a great look.

14. Paddy M July 25, 2011 at 17:48 #

H-O-T

15. Jones19 July 25, 2011 at 18:02 #

Wow Olivia Wilde has been put to shame here.

16. Laura July 25, 2011 at 19:37 #

Wow, I wouldn’t have guessed these Gucci’s would translate so well on the RC, but Rosie and now Ana have worn them marvelously. This is stunning.

17. Ariel July 25, 2011 at 20:08 #

OMG! Stunning! BDOTW for me! I agree that nothing will top this look this week. Looking forward to seeing more of her on here!

18. DivaMom July 25, 2011 at 20:15 #

Looks better on the leggier model (and Rosie Huntington)… Plus, I’m not digging the two-toned hair. The hair bun piece is not matching her natural hair.

19. Joy July 25, 2011 at 20:27 #

I love this look and think it is definitely BDOTW worthy. However, something about this makes me think of Beyonce or Lady Gaga? I really love this look but part of me isn’t sure about this turn for the red carpet.

20. Gaber July 25, 2011 at 21:22 #

It’s insane how much her shoes bother me.
    Other than that – I love it.

21. René July 25, 2011 at 21:39 #

STUNNING,
    I really think she outshined Olivia, and that’s not an easy thing to do.

22. Tahj July 25, 2011 at 22:23 #

This was one my wish list for my favorite red carpet queen, Charlize Theron. Don’t even know who this woman is.

23. rodrigo July 25, 2011 at 23:57 #

I know her, but didn’t know she could wear this kind of big name dresses… hopefully she’ll make this red carpet season even more interesting.

24. Tiffany July 26, 2011 at 00:18 #

She looks great, but this definitely feels like deja vu- the only thing that stuck on is how absolutely stunning her face/makeup is– her eyes are dazzling!

25. GUSTAVO July 26, 2011 at 00:38 #

ES UNA MUJER HERMOSA EL VESTIDO ES LO QUE MENOS IMPORTA CUANDO UNA MUJER TAL LINDA LO PORTA GRACIAS VERACRUZ POR ESTA LINDA MUJER

26. Carmen July 26, 2011 at 02:08 #

She is FLAWLESS! She’s up there with Jennifer Goodwin for BDOTW! Maybe even BDOTY :D

27. Elaine2 July 26, 2011 at 02:30 #

She is hot! Definitely a contender for Best Of the Week!

28. stephanie July 26, 2011 at 04:40 #

omg i love her!!!!
    finally more Mexicans wearing amazing dresses and she is beautiful :)

29. kiwi July 26, 2011 at 05:38 #

Beautiful and impeccable, this is BDOTW

30. Vidhya July 26, 2011 at 06:37 #

I love this sheer skirt/bodysuits look.. very chic… but since Gucci incorporated it into their collection.. its starting to get a little old.. esp since Giambattista Valli did this idea first.. still… the dress is a STUNNER.. and she makes a good canvas with her hair up and black accessories..

31. roxana July 26, 2011 at 06:47 #

OMG! she is so beautiful!

32. Alfie July 27, 2011 at 06:45 #

She looks fantastic! Very beautiful! I can’t wait for the poll with her vs Beyonce, they both look amazing!

33. Sue Jin July 27, 2011 at 09:39 #

I don’t know who she is but she sure is gorgeous! She looks great in this

34. akyla July 27, 2011 at 16:30 #

is that the same dress that rosie huntington wore for the transformer premiere?

• Fashion Critic July 27, 2011 at 16:30 #

no it’s not the same

35. Geena July 29, 2011 at 19:03 #

LOVE IT…she looks gorgeous!!! she’s so much prettier than Wilde! in my opinion.
    Her face and eyes are so beautiful. I think Best Dressed award.