Ginnifer Goodwin In Roksanda Ilincic – Comic Con 2011

Ginnifer Goodwin was one of the many stars at the San Diego Convention Center in California on Saturday to attend Comic-Con 2011.

She was spotted mingling with fans looking adorable yet fashion forward wearing a vibrant Roksanda Ilincic Resort 2011 dress.

Her fluorescent yellow dress with an symmetrical hemline and black ‘H’ shaped feather accented belt was paired with simple patent ballet flats.

I love that she continually steps out of the box.

With her interesting flare for fashion and that adorable face, it would be a crime if she didn’t make it onto the BDOTW list.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Jessica Biel In Christian Cota - "Total Recall" Discussion Panel: Comic Con 2011

Jessica Biel In Christian Cota – “Total Recall” Discussion Panel: Comic Con 2011

In Ashley Olsen's Closet - Prada Striped Tote

In Ashley Olsen’s Closet – Prada Striped Tote

54 Responses to Ginnifer Goodwin In Roksanda Ilincic – Comic Con 2011

1. Fashionmeal July 24, 2011 at 12:25 #

She’s so cute! I absolutely love her!
    But my only fault(s) with this look?
    The fact that she wore flats.
    And also that in my opinion the dress is a little too dressy for something like Comic Con. I mean, even though I know people there come in weird character get ups and stuff, but this dress is more red carpet-y then Comic Con-y.

Err… Do I make ANY sense what so ever? Haha.

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2011 at 12:27 #

lol…yes you do.

I think the simple flats add balance to the look

• Alina July 24, 2011 at 13:07 #

I agree with you 100%. I feel like this dress deserved to be worn at a movie premiere or something.

• Emi July 24, 2011 at 13:24 #

I agree with you, Alina, this dress deserved to be worn for another event, but with different shoes. I still don’t know if I like it, but it’s really interesting and unique.

• jen July 25, 2011 at 00:24 #

these r not the shoes she wore with the dress, she wore nude high heels, this pic was taken after she walked the “red” carpet

2. Miss.Adventure July 24, 2011 at 12:36 #

I was going to say it’s nice to see that celebrities can handle so much in heels, just like us! It seems that she did wear heels, and changed into flats – maybe to mingle with fans?

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2011 at 13:14 #

thanks for the twitpic

I prefer it with the black flats

3. pepe July 24, 2011 at 12:39 #

that dress looks like a potatoes sack, looks ugly and unfinished

• Lauren July 24, 2011 at 12:46 #

Thankfully she’s isn’t as narrow minded as you.

This IS fashion

• Nat39 July 24, 2011 at 14:26 #

Can’t look at this dress without laughing ‘narrow-mindedly’ – that ridiculous black feather bush just above her…whatever …Why???

• Julie July 24, 2011 at 21:40 #

I agree. I like the color, but the dress itself looks sloppy and the design on the belt is just so odd. lol

4. Linda July 24, 2011 at 12:53 #

Adorable, quirky, original, delightful as usual. It’s always a pleasure to see Ginnifer out at events. Loved her in Big Love.

5. CreoleLady July 24, 2011 at 13:12 #

Love the dress but it’s too big or too much material or something. She looks a little swamped by it. The flats don’t help.

• Carolina July 24, 2011 at 13:40 #

I agree, CreoleLady – to me, she is absolutely overwhelmed by the volume of material in this dress. She IS adorable but this just doesn’t work for me. I also do not like the dress at all, except for the color.

• Kathryn July 24, 2011 at 13:47 #

I agree on all counts. I’m impressed how well she wears this colour, but the dress is just too big for a frame as small as hers.

• Elaine2 July 24, 2011 at 14:09 #

That was my first impression too. Maybe it’s the angle of the photo because I do like it on the model. This designer is someone I intend to watch, I am enjoying her use of color and interesting draping and design features of her garments.

• Joy July 25, 2011 at 11:45 #

I agree …love the color and the flats. Flats go so much better with the dress’ shape, her frame & haircut. If that makes any sense? I like the dress enough, but it just looks too big for her. On the model it looks great, but on Ginnifer all that fabric does nothing for her tiny frame.

• rebecca o July 24, 2011 at 14:26 #

ITA.

• KateS July 25, 2011 at 01:51 #

I actually like the flats for a day time event, but I agree, there’s a lot of volume in that dress on such a petite person.
      Her skin does look beautiful, though, and it can’t be an easy colour to pull off.

6. Naama July 24, 2011 at 13:53 #

The first look that made me “oh my God” ouloud in a while. I love this look so much I doubt anything will top this for me on bdotw!

I love this so much it’s my bdotmonth :)

7. pipsqueak July 24, 2011 at 15:22 #

She looked so adorable! I love her flats much better than the feather shoes on model. Her short hair also added a quirkiness to the look. I’m so excited for Ginnifer for finally finding a fashion identity and catching attention for the good reasons.

8. justme July 24, 2011 at 16:03 #

I think she should have picked the original yellow number. The shorter skirt with big volume would have worked much better with the flats.

• Mick July 25, 2011 at 08:18 #

Agreed. Also, i kind of hate the belt..

9. Deepa July 24, 2011 at 17:03 #

I love that she is not afraid to wear the bright yellow! It is such a great color and is even better on her. I love that she paired it with flats as well.

10. Jones19 July 24, 2011 at 17:06 #

This is GORGEOUS, put this on the BDOTW poll please.

11. Karis July 24, 2011 at 17:35 #

The picture really tells two stories. On the left the model wears the dress but on the right the dress wears Ginnifer, The dress totally overwhelms her. Such a shame this dress could have been a real fashion moment for someone but I feel now any time I will see it I shall remember this blunder :(

12. Paddy M July 24, 2011 at 17:54 #

Ginnifer sure knows how to pull off a tricky look like this. It’s very well suited to her style, which almost always means good things with Ginnifer, because her style is so good.

Totally BDOTW for sure!

13. mol July 24, 2011 at 18:22 #

Hummm, I love this, love it with the flats, and I don’t feel, like others, that it overwhelms her at all – it looks eyecatching yet also easeful, not uncomfortable, which her flats and the event itself would suggest is the point. I too hope that this makes BDOTW!

14. Megan July 24, 2011 at 18:38 #

I agree 100% with you FC.

15. anu July 24, 2011 at 19:39 #

totally love it!!!! wish i could own this dress!!! sighhhh

16. Hannah July 24, 2011 at 19:41 #

LOVE! She is such a necessary addition to the red carpet. Always fresh, always interesting, always new, never or rarely garish. I adore this dress on her, which is surprising since I am rarely a fan of 1. dresses that have lsot their runway volume, and 2. flourescent colours, namely yellow. Her bag, hair and particularly her shoes (an inspired choice, IMO) particularly help lift this look in a way, making it much less jarring that it easily could have been.

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2011 at 19:43 #

I love your comment.

It’s amazing how someone with great style can make you like things you would normally dislike.

17. ash July 24, 2011 at 19:46 #

i reaaally like the dress but not on Ginnifer.. The dress looks too big on her and it`s definitely wearing her.. I would like to see it on.. practically anyone else.. Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, Emma Watson, Emma Stone…

18. Carmen July 24, 2011 at 20:30 #

I think Jennifer looks absolutely AMAZING! I honestly think more celebrities should wear outstanding, high-fashion looks like these (if the can pull it off with grace and elegance as Jennifer does of course) BDOTW, all the way! I might be exaggerating, but maybe even BDOTY! Ms. Goodwin looks gorgeous!

19. Sandie July 24, 2011 at 20:34 #

The shorter version and a smaller size would have been better IMO. Love the colour!

• Rebecca Z July 25, 2011 at 02:24 #

I agree with Sandie and a number of others–valiant attempt. but it falls short The dress works much better on the model.

20. jen July 25, 2011 at 00:21 #

at first i wanted to say i dont like it & that she cant pull it off & that the dress is working her, but then decided to look for other pix cuz this one here is not the best. & she does look good, take everything back :). but i still wish she had worn the yellow original version :)

21. e July 25, 2011 at 00:31 #

love this look, and ginnifer wears is so well – she owns it. the dress is very lanvin-esque, don’t you think? i’m not sure why you’d want to wear an “H” (unless it as hermes!) so just a flower would have worked fine by me, but the whole look and feel is wonderful – the colour, the drape, the flats, the relaxed elegance.

22. Cheryl July 25, 2011 at 01:10 #

Love her get up for this! For once I’m thankful about the flats because it makes the whole look more casual and down to earth. This dress has alot of fabric but I think she carries it quite okay :)

23. Parvati July 25, 2011 at 01:48 #

I would have liked this look if it was at a premiere. The colour of the dress is beautiful, but the design is just too much for Comic-Con. I like that she tried to tone down the look with ballerina flats, but still, it’s over-the-top for me.

24. Melissa July 25, 2011 at 03:32 #

LOVE the dress color, love Ginnifer too! x

25. Giuseppi Giraffe July 25, 2011 at 05:05 #

I like it for comic-con. It’s got a great anime superhero flair to it, what with the acid yellow color and the feathers and all- I think she’s adorable. Definitely BDOTW

26. kiwi July 25, 2011 at 07:15 #

Cute and quirky, like it on her

27. JT July 25, 2011 at 07:15 #

There really isn’t anything I like about the dress. She is drowning in fabric, lost any shape she might have and the colour is a bit harsh. Highlighter yellow, kinda hurts the eyes. And the muff belt thing, sorta icky. Looks like it might be alive. But she is a cutie and I still love her.

28. Bella July 25, 2011 at 07:52 #

I think the model version would have suited her better for this appearance. It just seems more casual, fun and would be adorable for her with her flats. The version she is wearing looks great on her though but a smaller size wouldn’t hurt. Also I think the version she is wearing would have been better for a more higher or bigger even like a movie premiere.
    Still none the less she looks great and great look!

29. roxana July 25, 2011 at 08:16 #

i love her!

30. Gaber July 25, 2011 at 08:48 #

It’s Ginny in yellow – you have no idea how much I want to love this combination.
    But I don’t.
    I get this dress on the model and I think it looks smashing, but on Ginny – it’s just off.
    Too bad, because, again, I REALLY want to love this.

31. Bonnie July 25, 2011 at 08:50 #

Good way to begin the week,that color is amazing on her…but the model version would have been interesting.

32. Sarah July 25, 2011 at 09:59 #

I love this! But I think the fact that it’s Ginnifer Goodwin means that I would love it regardless, so perhaps I don’t have too much to offer her. I think her features are so mesmerising she can pull off pretty much anything.
    Ha, this comment was useless, sorry.
    I much prefer the flats to the heels – there we go, something substantive!

33. Lina July 25, 2011 at 10:02 #

Love this so so much!!!

34. pam July 25, 2011 at 20:16 #

I have a failed home economics project that looks eerily similar.

35. moe99 July 26, 2011 at 00:22 #

the dress is too big for her. She’s lost in it.

36. Ashley Spiker July 26, 2011 at 01:04 #

I never thought I would say this but her flats saved this dress. She wore nude pumps on the red carpet that deserved a celebrity shoe swap post! I would have loved to see a simple black heel on her.

• Fashion Critic July 26, 2011 at 07:01 #

Those pumps didnt work for me either