22.07.11

Queen Elizabeth II and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge were given a sneak preview of the Catherine’s wedding dress exhibition today.

The Duchess of Cambridge’s intricately decorated wedding dress, designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen, is currently on display at Buckingham Palace which opens to the public tomorrow.

More than half a million people are expected to view the dress as part of the Palace’s annual summer exhibition this year.

Catherine looked very elegant wearing a rose pink 3/4 length sleeve Joseph dress with matching Jimmy Choo pumps.

“The Royal Wedding Dress: A Story of Great British Design” runs until October 3 at Buckingham Palace. Tickets are priced at £17.50 and can be obtained from www.royalcollection.org.uk.

If you are unable to visit, you can view the highlights of the exhibition here.

Credit: Getty

Katy Perry In Versus - MTV News

Katy Perry In Versus – MTV News

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

28 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Joseph – Buckingham Palace State Rooms Summer Opening

1. Angela July 22, 2011 at 18:03 #

OMG!!! Thank you so much for the link to the exhibit – especially for us Americans that can’t just fly over to see it. :) Her wedding dress was AMAZING. This rose colored dress she’s wearing is also very elegant.

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2011 at 18:14 #

I was hoping to see it as I live in London, but it looks like it’s gonna be a road block.

2. dee July 22, 2011 at 18:36 #

I didn’t care for her wedding gown. Thanks for posting the exhibit.

3. AW July 22, 2011 at 18:49 #

The outfit is fine, nothing special but not offensive either. Meh.

The eyeliner on the other is just getting ridiculous

• GusMex July 22, 2011 at 21:17 #

agreeee!!!! i wanna go over there, and delete that black line!!!!

• Talita July 22, 2011 at 21:27 #

I agree, what’s with the eyeliner?

4. robbie July 22, 2011 at 18:50 #

the dress looks so beautiful in detail. although now seeing the shoes i think i love them more than the dress.

shame you might not be able to see it FC.

5. Nora July 22, 2011 at 19:09 #

Her dress is lovely and she is pretty as always, but I think she desperately needs to gain weight. She is so thin, she looks like she is about to break :/

6. noo July 22, 2011 at 21:01 #

the dress is most probably by joseph :D as a blogger has one like it! and the shoes are jimmy choo “lovely” pumps !!!!

7. Sandie July 22, 2011 at 22:00 #

I wish I was able to go and see the dress too.
    And I wish I had her hair!

• noo July 22, 2011 at 23:08 #

ditto on the hair :D

8. molly July 22, 2011 at 23:00 #

I like this dress a lot, but I was a lot more impressed by what the Queen is wearing. She looked stunning :)
    I saw pictures on Yahoo of the dress on display , and they showed the shoes as well. I was happy to finnaly see them after this much time! Thanks for posting FC!

• Ling July 23, 2011 at 22:58 #

Same here, I prefer the Queen’s dress – that poppy print is so cute! But without being too old-fashioned.

9. Georgia July 23, 2011 at 00:03 #

I just don’t get it. I don’t think I’ve ever since a more lackluster ensemble. It’s so bland it’s hard to even critique it. Her appeals completely eludes me.

10. Elaine2 July 23, 2011 at 00:46 #

Sorry for what I’m about to say, but I really do believe The English Rose is a mess.

She has some sort of obsesive/compulsive thing going on with regard to food and exercise. The woman does not look pretty anymore to my eye.

That dress she is wearing is doing her no favors. It looks like a sack on her skin and bone frame.

The exhibit is totally bizarre, it looks like the bride has no head. Honestly, what are those people thinking? If I were in England, I wouldn’t cross the street to see this, sorry. This is a media hype, and the Windsors have bought into it as a means to get more money to fund they pet projects. The whole thing is really quite revolting, if you ask me. (I know you didn’t ask me, but I thought I’d be frank anyway.)

Finally, the scene is pretty sad overall.

• noo July 23, 2011 at 13:37 #

when qeiii saw the display she told kate that it looked horrible and horrid because of the headless ghost thing!!!

11. Beatriz July 23, 2011 at 02:14 #

Catherine’s outfit is just as simple and dignified as always. But she is waaaaaaaay too skinny and the cut does nothing for her figure.

I can’t stop thinking how cute does Her Majesty The Queen looks in her pink summer dress.

12. Sharon July 23, 2011 at 02:23 #

Thank you for posting the link, FC. Even if I had been able to get to London and get tickets, I wouldn’t have seen closeups like these pictures. I enjoyed it very much. Both the Queen ahd Duchess look lovely, too. I would give anything to have Catherine’s hair – and her size 5 1/2 feet, LOL.

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2011 at 08:24 #

You are welcome and Amen to having smaller feet. I’m a size 11

• Elaine2 July 23, 2011 at 12:16 #

From what I understand, 5.5 UK size is comparable to size 8 in the US. So, her feet are not really that small for a woman of her height…..

• Lee Ann July 23, 2011 at 17:40 #

I am an American living in London it is actually a US 7 1/2 which given her height is quite small- I am the same size and height and people always assume I have much longer feet

• Elaine2 July 24, 2011 at 00:19 #

Thanks Lee Ann! I must have been looking at an incorrect conversion chart.

13. Crystal July 23, 2011 at 04:21 #

I actually think the Queen dressed more impressed than she does lol

14. Emi July 23, 2011 at 09:14 #

Thanks for the link! Great details.

• Manja July 23, 2011 at 11:33 #

15. Krit July 23, 2011 at 18:06 #

May sound weird but her highness the Queen looks SO cute!! :-)

16. kiwi July 24, 2011 at 06:21 #

She’s looking more and more haggard/older now. The Queen is looking more eye catching

17. vicky July 24, 2011 at 09:50 #

My eyes are on the Queen, love that print! Been looking for a flower print dress for myself for ages and this is just the kind of print I’d want…