Carey Mulligan In Roksanda Ilincic – Film District Photo Op Panel Press Line

Carey Mulligan attended the Film District Photo Op Panel Press Line during the 2011 Comic Con event to promote her new movie, “Drive.”

We weren’t particularly impressed with the British actress the last time she stepped onto the red carpet, but what a difference semi smile, good shoes plus a cut and colour can do to a gal.

I’m glad Carey has accepted that blonde works better for her. Her whole face appears brighter as a result.

I really loved her Roksanda Ilincic Resort 2012 look.

The colour-block dress thankfully wasn’t modified. The cut-out details on the bodice reveal Carey’s toned abs.

Those brown Trib Too’s that Carey seems to favour so much were swapped out for a pair of gorgeous red pumps.

A single red bangle completed her look.

I love the addition of red to this look. It’s very much unexpected but they provide the perfect finished touches.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Christian Dior Better...Sun Li or Pixie Lott?

Who Wore Christian Dior Better…Sun Li or Pixie Lott?

Amanda Seyfried In Prabal Gurung - 20th Century Fox Panel

Amanda Seyfried In Prabal Gurung – 20th Century Fox Panel

20 Responses to Carey Mulligan In Roksanda Ilincic – Film District Photo Op Panel Press Line

1. Alina July 22, 2011 at 11:10 #

Loooove ! Gorgeous.

2. Fee July 22, 2011 at 11:13 #

Wow she looks so much better with the blonde crop back. I can understand her wanting to grow it as I read in an interview that she hated it so short, but had no choice as her hair started to break off after a harsh bleach job for a movie. Hopefully the fact that she’s cut it again means she’s over the trauma (I’ve been there!). Either that or she is suffering for her art again :)

• Fee July 22, 2011 at 11:14 #

She’s got some serious abs going on as well!

• Clover July 28, 2011 at 01:30 #

Oh the abs! *sigh*

I’ll never have her budget for fashion, but maybe one day, ONE DAY, I’ll do enough sit-ups to get those abs!

3. Kin July 22, 2011 at 11:13 #

something about the exposed waist looks very demented. It’s ruining the look for me

4. Kim July 22, 2011 at 12:24 #

I love the dress! But my eye keeps going back to the possible stain/unfortunate shadow under her chest…

5. laurakitty July 22, 2011 at 12:29 #

I like the dress but it doesn’t appear to fit well around the waist- it’s gaping at the sides. There also appears to be a stain right in the middle of the cream section.

Great abs, though!

6. Linda July 22, 2011 at 13:37 #

Love it! She’s looking sexy and pretty and happy.

7. dumpycactus July 22, 2011 at 14:03 #

i’m too distracted by the STAIN and the strange construction around the waist!

• Fashion Critic July 22, 2011 at 14:14 #

ah yes, I now see the satin you are all referring to

8. mochababe73 July 22, 2011 at 14:28 #

Just a pet peeve, but I don’t like the exposed middriffs.
    However, I still like the dress and the colors, but I noticed the stain right away. Unfortunately, it’s distracting. And, I’ve always loved the hair.

9. Elaine2 July 22, 2011 at 14:58 #

At first I thought that stain was just from the photography on the closeup photo, but it’s there in the overall shot, too. Aside from that, I like the dress, but am not fond of the red accessories. I don’t think red is the right color to add to this.
    Roksanda’s collection is very interesting – I want one of her bathing suits!!!!

10. Hanne July 22, 2011 at 15:19 #

She didn’t accept that she looked better blonde. She had darker hair for a stage play and is back to blonde for The Great Gatsby.

11. Nat39 July 22, 2011 at 16:18 #

Looks plain UGLY to me. The dress is horrible – the dreadful color-blocking, the hideous cut-outs, the awkward length,. The addition of red doesn’t make sense, red lips (see the model) would’ve been sufficient.

12. Shell July 22, 2011 at 17:11 #

love love love the hair. hope she keeps it. I like the dress much better than anything the twi-girls wore to me

13. Sophie July 22, 2011 at 17:41 #

Aah that’s so much better than before!

14. asherlev1 July 22, 2011 at 23:14 #

BDOTW for me so far. Loveee Carey. Lol, I know she was really sad about to having cut her hair short, but I love it like this. XP

15. Th July 23, 2011 at 00:24 #

I like the hair, the colours, the accessoires.. but I think the dress with be so much better without the cuttouts!
    well.. and the stain, of course..

16. Jen July 23, 2011 at 01:32 #

You can see over at Tom and Lorenzo’s that she later switched to flat sandals, that I think work even better. Her toenails were also painted a charming coral.

17. Sharon July 23, 2011 at 01:51 #

The fit around the midriff could be better, but otherwise, I think she looks terrific. I know the stain is upsetting to some, but I just figured it was a dot on my always dirty computer screen, LOL. Also, thank you FC for naming the colors in a photo because my computer doesn’t always translate the same and I would miss some details — like the red bracelet which to me matches her shoes.