20.07.11 Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens showcased a shorter hair do at the “Captain America: The First Avenger” LA Premiere last night.

It’s a big deal when a star known for her glossy locks goes for the snip, and I must say I find her new look very refreshing even if its only temporary for her new movie.

She opted to wear a mustard Farah Khan embellished tunic dress with gold embellished details.

Her dress was upstaged by a matching pair of Giuseppe Zanotti wedges, but let down by an oversized clutch.

[nggallery id=901]
Credit: Getty

Gwendoline Christie In Vivienne Westwood Gold Label - Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve and Vanity Fair Venice Film Festival Party

Gwendoline Christie In Vivienne Westwood Gold Label – Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve and Vanity Fair Venice Film Festival Party

Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture - "Horrible Bosses" London Premiere

Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture – “Horrible Bosses” London Premiere

24 Responses to Vanessa Hudgens In Farah Khan – “Captain America: The First Avenger” LA Premiere

1. Giuseppi Giraffe July 20, 2011 at 19:01 #

Right about the shoes, right about the clutch, I love the dress with her skintone, her hair is adorable- I didn’t think it would be very dress up friendly when I saw the first shots of it, but it’s not too bad at all. I think she looks pretty cute, really.

2. Maria July 20, 2011 at 19:09 #

Well the hair may be refreshing but her style is as stale as week old bread. Please Vanessa, with all your potential, find a new stylist.

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2011 at 19:15 #

I have to both laugh and agree with your comment

• Emi July 20, 2011 at 19:57 #

I agree with you, plus those shoes are ugly, so heavy.

3. Victoria July 20, 2011 at 19:13 #

Oh dear. :( While I loved Emma Watson’s haircut, I’m really not into this. I’ve always found Vanessa’s long locks beautiful and I miss it already!

• Alèxia July 20, 2011 at 19:23 #

Vanessa didn’t have a choice. She had to gain 10lb and cut her hair because of her new movie, and even so, I think she manages to look great with it.

I like the cluth but I don’t quite like the shoes. They feel too heavy for such a summery look. Strappy sandals would’ve been a better choice.

4. robbie July 20, 2011 at 19:35 #

it looks great from the ankles up, and without that clutch. it looks like she just took a slab of laminate flooring and carried that around. the shoes are horrible.

why do woman on the red carpet carry such large clutches. surely all the need is their phone, a credit card and a lip stick what else do they pack in them?

5. Nat39 July 20, 2011 at 19:38 #

The haircut certainly shows off her butterfly tattoo.
    Lovely tunic, love the color, but man, this clutch is so loooooooong.

6. justme July 20, 2011 at 19:42 #

I’m glad she ditched the ratty extensions, those weren’t cute. The cut isn’t bad, it could actually be good with a different styling. She has a pretty face, she can pull it off.
    And funny enough, I like the clutch but not the shoes. They’re matchy matchy without quite getting there and they are heavy.

• Dhppy July 20, 2011 at 19:56 #

I agree, I like the clutch too. It’s a nice shape. I’m also not fond of the shoes. They take over.

• Jen T July 20, 2011 at 20:38 #

I think the cut is probably cute – it’s the way it’s styled here. You’re right – she’s so pretty, she can pull off short hair. The style is wrong here, not the length.

7. dee July 20, 2011 at 20:07 #

The bag and shoes need to go. Everything else is good. Even the hair I like.

• mol July 20, 2011 at 20:51 #

Ditto

8. Femme July 20, 2011 at 20:07 #

Woah, this haircut makes her look mature
    However, I do not like her outfit, not the humungous clutch, shoes OR dress. The dress is really like any other dress she’s worn before… it’s not new and different like her haircut :)

9. Jones19 July 20, 2011 at 21:25 #

This outfit is lacking focus. Her haircut is very matronly, not a fan of it.

• Dani July 21, 2011 at 01:24 #

Agree. Haaate the hair on someone so young.

10. Ana July 20, 2011 at 21:27 #

I guess I saw something I shouldn’t in her tunic.

11. Linda July 20, 2011 at 21:44 #

Beautfiul girl, really ugly clothing and shoes.

12. Emily July 20, 2011 at 21:52 #

I don’t like the haircut at all. I think it really ages her.

The dress is very same old-same old. Wish we could see her do something new and youthful instead of this same 70s hippie vibe!!

13. Katie July 20, 2011 at 23:25 #

The shoes are inspired, but this dress shape does no favours for the image of her body, it makes her look bottom heavy (and we know Vanessa is not, by any definition, heavy).

Typical potato sack dress.

14. Sharon July 20, 2011 at 23:43 #

I like the dress, but the shoes are way too heavy with it, and I agree that the clutch is distracting. I think her haircut will be great when it’s styled in a way more suitable to her face and age.

15. Carmen July 21, 2011 at 01:51 #

I agree, I think her new hairdo is refreshing. Usually, all of her hair is piled on top of her dress, and we can’t really see all the details. However, just looks like when she puts her hair up. She looks great, nonetheless. I love this outfit on her, minus the tan clutch. It looks out of place.

16. maria July 21, 2011 at 04:21 #

I am a huge fan, but I hate the hair. It’s MUCH too old looking for her, and the way it’s styled is HORRID. The dress is so-so, though the color is nice on her skin tone. The shoes are hideous. Truly.

17. Alina July 21, 2011 at 06:06 #

I don’t like this look at all.