20.07.11 Sidewalk Style

Sidewalk Style: Rihanna’s Cushnie Et Ochs Dress

Before her next concert date, Rihanna was spotted departing her hotel in New York City Monday evening wearing more clothes than she was the last time we saw her.

On this occasion she opted to wear a Cushnie Et Ochs Pre-Fall 2011 dress.

She styled her dress with a military green cap to the side, shades and Vans sneakers.

You may recognise this dress, because it has been worn twice before on the red carpet by Teresa Palmer and Rihanna’s frenemy Ciara.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Camilla Belle In Miu Miu - Miu Miu Presents Lucrecia Martel's "Muta"

Camilla Belle In Miu Miu – Miu Miu Presents Lucrecia Martel’s “Muta”

Rebecca Minkoff Shop In Shop/Summer Cocktails at Confederacy Event

Rebecca Minkoff Shop In Shop/Summer Cocktails at Confederacy Event

12 Responses to Sidewalk Style: Rihanna’s Cushnie Et Ochs Dress

1. Lils July 20, 2011 at 12:39 #

The dress looked so nice styled by Teresa and Ciara. Rihana does not do the dress any justice. She just makes it look chavvy. She can do better than that (i.e. the oscar de la Renta roses dress)

2. Jess2 July 20, 2011 at 13:56 #

I don’t think it looks chavvy. Teresa and Ciara did style it better but it doesn’t help that some of the material is caught between her legs in this photograph. They were wearing it to premieres while she is wearing it casually. I like it on her; it is better than what she wore the other day.

3. Nina July 20, 2011 at 14:18 #

lol. I like your sense of humor FC! The dress looked good on this reb’l fleur sans green hat.

4. Nat39 July 20, 2011 at 14:41 #

Oh, that awful toilet paper mullet .
    Dislike the dress (would’ve liked it without the mullet), hate the styling.

• Moxie July 20, 2011 at 15:21 #

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Walking in a mullet dress makes it look like she’s trailing toilet paper. Ugh.

5. Femme July 20, 2011 at 17:08 #

Actually FC, those are Vans, LOL

I kinda like the way she styled it, mullet dresses are usually styled in a glamorous way with heels and all, but I think she pulls this one off with the cap and sneakers, no formulaic looks for RiRi

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2011 at 17:20 #

thanks Femme x

6. Carmen July 21, 2011 at 02:11 #

I’m on the fence about this look. I don’t know if the green cap worn sideways and the black Vans add a cool, urban street touch, or are just horrible with this Cushnie et Ochs dress.

7. holly July 21, 2011 at 02:53 #

I’ve never understood the cap to the side trend. I find it ridiculous. That said, I think she could have done without the hat and still made her “casual, but cool” point.

8. Taylor July 21, 2011 at 04:44 #

Love how cute this is compared to the other stylings

9. Emi July 21, 2011 at 09:10 #

I quite like it, except the cap. I also think she has too much jewelry.

10. non July 21, 2011 at 18:29 #

I’m loving the whole look. Do you happen to know which brand these shades are? Cause I’m in love with them and can’t find them anywhere