Sidewalk Style: Rihanna’s Prada Wing-Tip Platform Espadrille Oxfords

Rihanna was spotted out and about in New York City yesterday with her friend wearing not much at all.

After an exhausting tour schedule with multiple costume changes, she opted to wear a simple men’s striped oversized shirt and pair of Prada wing-tip platform espadrille Oxfords.

These shoes were presented during the Spring 2011 womenswear collection, but will still be on sale for Fall.

The classic shoes feature wingtip perforations and stitching plus a bi-colour rubber sole.

Despite the fact that I would never wear these shoes if Prada sent me one in every colour, they are surprisingly popular.

Jude Law, Mary-Kate Olsen, Bryan Boy, Elle Fanning, Brad Goreski and many fashion editors have been spotted wearing these shoes.

Rihanna’s Prada Wing-Tip Platform Espadrille Oxfords are available online exclusively at Saks.com in 5 different colours including black.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

theOutnet.com Vionnet Sale

theOutnet.com Vionnet Sale

In Megan Fox's Closet - Étoile Isabel Marant Babeth Leopard-Print Dress

In Megan Fox’s Closet – Étoile Isabel Marant Babeth Leopard-Print Dress

33 Responses to Sidewalk Style: Rihanna’s Prada Wing-Tip Platform Espadrille Oxfords

1. Ann July 19, 2011 at 18:07 #

these shoes are hideous

2. 80nine July 19, 2011 at 18:10 #

you know, i don’t hate them :S

• Jen T July 19, 2011 at 19:40 #

I like them. But then, I like creepers, and they’re similar. Personally though, I’d wear them with jeans and not skirts.

3. justme July 19, 2011 at 18:23 #

You couldn’t pay me to wear these shoes either. They look like fancy Creepers for the summer, no thank you.

4. Victoria July 19, 2011 at 18:34 #

Hahaha FC, I totally agree with you! They’re ugly and no celebrity wearing it has convinced me otherwise.

5. MichelleTina July 19, 2011 at 18:40 #

These things are ugly! The oversized shirt (which I love) would’ve looked much more cute with a pair of Chucks or a sandal.

6. Emi July 19, 2011 at 18:41 #

It’s because they’re Prada… I think they’re really ugly, most of all for women. Rihanna seems a tramp, with expensive clothes and jewelry, but a tramp.

• Rebecca July 20, 2011 at 00:31 #

How do you go from a pair of ugly shoes to calling someone a tramp. Really uncalled for.

• Emi July 20, 2011 at 08:39 #

If you see someone walking down the street with just a wrinkled shirt and a pair of shoes would you consider her well dressed? We’re talking about fashion, I’ve never been offensive here, so relax.

• cindy July 20, 2011 at 14:59 #

It is indeed very offensive to call someone a tramp. We’re talking about fashion here, not celebrities, and I think that people who comment should give the artists as much respect as FC gives them. I also think those shoes are fugly but I would never attack on a personnal plan anyone who chose to wear them.

7. robbie July 19, 2011 at 19:04 #

god only knows why celebrities are loving them they are vile. not even kylie could ever make me love these.

• Fee July 19, 2011 at 19:30 #

Kylie wouldn’t wear these in a million years (cue pap shot of Kylie wearing them).

They’re wrong. Just wrong. Although I can imagine myself loving them when I was about 14.

8. Marta July 19, 2011 at 19:17 #

These shoes are beautiful to me, but they are too expensive. Is there anything cheaper?

9. Arianne July 19, 2011 at 19:18 #

I actually really want a pair…..to burn in a fit of rage :D

10. dee July 19, 2011 at 20:33 #

I would not wear any shoes that resemble anything a man would wear.

• Fashion Critic July 19, 2011 at 22:00 #

Ditto

• 80nine July 19, 2011 at 22:46 #

even the loub high tops?

11. Teleholic July 19, 2011 at 22:08 #

Lol this seems all short and naked-y but most dresses celebrities wear these days are shorter. She’s actually relatively covered up.

12. mol July 19, 2011 at 23:08 #

I like the way she’s wearing these shoes – she makes it work IMO.

13. doc July 20, 2011 at 01:17 #

You know there are moments when you have to wonder if designers are making this stuff just to mess with us. Like “I’m gonna put the ugliest thing I can think of on this model and have her strut out there and see how many orders come pouring in.” Is Miuccia Prada somewhere cackling like mad and saying “LOOK, LOOK SHE FELL FOR IT!!!!” when she sees a pic like this? Fashion Critic, after some of the shoe bombs people have dared to wear in public this year, we need an ugly shoe post where we can pick out the all time worst.

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2011 at 06:56 #

lol…yes I will ask Shoerazzi to come up with it

• Jones19 July 20, 2011 at 21:58 #

doc I couldn’t agree more. This must be a joke, people are only wearing these because they are from Prada.

14. pipsqueak July 20, 2011 at 03:00 #

These shoes are so ugly, just like Chanel clogs, Roland Moret fishnet clogs, Akris wedges. They are just one-time wonders.

15. Jen July 20, 2011 at 03:03 #

I like them, but I’ve long had a thing for wingtip oxfords. I’ve wanted a pair for more than 15 years, but since my feet are small, mens shoes were not an option, so I’m thrilled that they are now sized for women. My mother laughs when I wear mine, since she wore a pair virtually every day as a 17 year old in the 60s.

16. Nat39 July 20, 2011 at 04:20 #

Who cares about the shoes when she is not wearing pants:) As long as the wig is there I guess…

• Emi July 20, 2011 at 08:40 #

LOL about the wig…

17. Cortney July 20, 2011 at 05:40 #

I despise those shoes. They’d be decent if it wasn’t for the hideous striped platform. Not decent enough that I’d pick them up, though. The “man shoes” trend (i.e. oxfords) isn’t really my style.

18. Emi July 20, 2011 at 15:08 #

Hey people, according to my dictionary and wordreference tramp means vagrant. Is so offensive? I don’t think so…

• Rebecca July 20, 2011 at 15:51 #

C’mon–when applied to a woman the word tramp does not mean vagrant–it refers to a woman’s morals. Criticize her fashion choices all you want; you used a poorly chosen word in this instance and you should stop trying to defend it

• Emi July 20, 2011 at 16:48 #

If I wanted to define her a “tramp” as you mean I would have done it many times before, because I think that sometimes she dresses trashy. I just think that she looks “unkempt”. I’m not gonna stop defending the word I used because it’s correct. Do you remember Chaplin’s movie “The tramp”?

• Fashion Critic July 20, 2011 at 17:03 #

now now ladies…let’s play nice :D

19. bianca July 21, 2011 at 00:12 #

i don’t care about the shoes and the shirt.she is drop-dead gorgeous and that’s a fact! and I’m not gay if you’re wondering:)))

20. California King Bed July 27, 2011 at 00:45 #

ANYTHING Rihanna wear’s, I’d wear it any day of the week, if i had her looks and her body!!!
    Need I say more.