Emma Stone In Giambattista Valli – “Friends With Benefits” New York Premiere

The reason why I wasn’t particularly excited about Mila Kunis’ look at the “Friends With Benefits” New York Premiere, is because I had already fallen head-over-heels in love with Emma Stone.

Something tells me she’s more into fashion than Mila, as Emma opted to wear this amazing Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 ensemble.

Her look consists of a red cashmere sweater and a pink silk peplum skirt which Emma teams with Christian Louboutin nude pumps, a bronze clutch and Jack Vartanian jewels.

Without intention she totally upstaged Mila.

Of the Giambattista Valli 50 piece Fall 2011 collection, I would’ve also picked this look for Emma as it’s a young, fun, vibrant, fashion-forward look which someone like Emma is both fashion savvy and confident enough to wear and pull off.

As a stylist friend of mine would say, “she gets it.”

Do you agree?

[nggallery id=892]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Mila Kunis In Lanvin - "Friends With Benefits" New York Premiere

Mila Kunis In Lanvin – “Friends With Benefits” New York Premiere

Celebrities Love...Fendi Spring 2011 Sandals

Celebrities Love…Fendi Spring 2011 Sandals

50 Responses to Emma Stone In Giambattista Valli – “Friends With Benefits” New York Premiere

1. david July 19, 2011 at 05:18 #

she TOTALLY “gets it”

• carine July 19, 2011 at 18:05 #

she more than “gets is”. i love this look so much!

2. JacobGH July 19, 2011 at 05:21 #

Wow! BDOTW contender for sure. And amen to the perfect execution of the nude pump. Too often celebs use it as a stand in when they can’t figure out the appropriate shoe choice, but here they work flawlessly with her outfit.

3. glenn July 19, 2011 at 05:34 #

she looks awful….. the dress is beautiful

4. rebecca July 19, 2011 at 05:37 #

OMG… I LOVE THIS. We don’t see enough Giambattista Valli on the red carpet. There are so many beautiful pieces on the spring collection that unfortunately haven’t been worn yet. I’m hoping we are going to see more of the fall collection.

5. Fernando July 19, 2011 at 05:45 #

Each time i see her in the red carpet, i just fall more and more deeply for her, really, she and Emma Watson are, my dreams. But who cares.

She looks amazing, not over accesorized, just, well dressed, just gorgeous, and YES indeed she upstaged Milla, but… well it’s not her fault, she looks wow, great. And i have to say i don’t know if you agree, this is not an easy look to sell, i mean even in the Model it looks bizarre, but in her, i don’t know she has this poise, dunno what, but she is amazing.

hopefully BDOTW contender.

6. Martin July 19, 2011 at 05:58 #

She gets it, and then some. She is fast becoming one of my absolute red carpet favourites. Much like Diane Kruger and Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton, she wears her clothes with such ease and confidence that they look as though they were designed especially for her and no-one else. That is quite a rare thing to achieve.

• Fashion Critic July 19, 2011 at 09:12 #

I agree. She’s now one of my faves too.

• carine July 19, 2011 at 18:07 #

she indeed is heading in their direction. love the easiness and the poise she brings to any outfit.

• PamG July 20, 2011 at 02:10 #

Here, here! I think Zoe Saldana should be included on the list too! ;) I always look forward to seeing Emma on the red carpet. With this look, I love the continuum of red to pink to nude from head to toe.

• Martin July 20, 2011 at 09:52 #

Totally! How could I forget Zoe Saldana? She, hands down, ALWAYS owns what she is wearing. I think it comes down to an immaculate eye for what suits her and poise and grace and confidence in executing it.

7. Gaber July 19, 2011 at 06:02 #

Come on, it’s like her vagina has Mickey Mouse ears.
    She looks good despite the dress, not because of it.

• Gigi July 19, 2011 at 15:28 #

I so agree with you. I simply can’t understand where these other readers are coming from. I think this look is dreadful.

• ME July 23, 2011 at 20:43 #

Agreed. I’ve never been a huge fan of her red carpet looks though.

• Nat39 July 19, 2011 at 22:22 #

Sometimes it’s best to stay a few steps behind fashion (old wisdom) – the fashion-forward color-blocking is getting on my nerves, the red-pink combo is horrid. The shoes don’t work with the outfit either.

• Nat39 July 20, 2011 at 04:23 #

Oops, almost forgot the swollen ovaries. Hideous!

8. mj July 19, 2011 at 06:19 #

i love this. it perfectly reflects her vibrant and fun personality. i think that’s why it works so well

9. Valeria July 19, 2011 at 06:19 #

On or off runway, peplums never work for me ad this one is a particularly good example. It looks like two sagging helium balloons from a kid’s party are attached to the skirt. Maybe I dont get fashion but I truly believe that it should have a goal to be flatteing to human bodies on top of having an art function. Lose the peplum

10. Emi July 19, 2011 at 06:47 #

No, I don’t agree. I don’t like these shoes with the dress and there’s something I don’t like about the fit oh her, maybe it’s the photo, but I don’t find this outfit particularly flattering on her.

• molly July 19, 2011 at 18:33 #

I feel the same way! The shoes dont work and the fit is unflattering. I like it on the runway, but I dont feel like it translates very well. She should have worn her hair down…that might help.

11. roxana July 19, 2011 at 06:50 #

lovely!

12. From Russia With Love July 19, 2011 at 08:26 #

Amazing. Best Dressed

13. Lucinda July 19, 2011 at 08:42 #

Totally agree with your coment on the shoe choice JacobGH.
    Also really pleased that she was back to red hair for this outing. Really makes the colours pop. This is fun red carpet dressing.

14. Dhppy July 19, 2011 at 08:43 #

I can’t get into the front peplums. The colors are nice though, especially with her hair.

15. Elaine July 19, 2011 at 08:45 #

My only qualm is, is she wearing a black tank under the red top? Seems to tone down the vibrancy of the red compared to the runway…

Apart from this, I LOVE this look! Hair could be styled better though

16. Megan July 19, 2011 at 09:08 #

I love this dress I’m so glad to see Emma wear it.More Giambatista Valli please!!

17. Sally July 19, 2011 at 09:10 #

BDOTW! Perfection. Flawless.

18. nicky July 19, 2011 at 09:11 #

I think she looks great. She’s edgy enough to pull off this ensemble. Emma is always polished on the red carpet.

19. Zarin July 19, 2011 at 09:43 #

Oh she gets it, alright. Girlfriend looks goooood.

20. CreoleLady July 19, 2011 at 10:41 #

I like her as a redhead but would prefer her as a blonde in these colors. I adore Valli but am not feeling the peplums. Love the pumps but not with this look. I really want to love this (she’s got such an appealing presence on the red carpet) but can only like it.

21. Lina July 19, 2011 at 12:14 #

She totally gets it. I think it’s a brave move of a redheaded to wear a red and pink dress, but it just makes it work even better. BDOTW worthy!!

22. Julie July 19, 2011 at 13:19 #

I’m in the minority, but I hate this dress. What’s up with those weird pillows at the waist? LOL

23. Carolina July 19, 2011 at 13:38 #

The colors are what work, the waist bags are hideous. If that’s ‘getting it’ – I don’t think so. It would be more efficient to wear several fanny packs.

24. mol July 19, 2011 at 14:57 #

I agree, she completely ‘gets it’ – I love this and I love the way she pulls it off.

25. dee July 19, 2011 at 15:30 #

I am not completely feeling the dress because of those peplums things in th front but she manages too pull off this look. She can never be accused of looking boring on the red carpet.

26. Kiran July 19, 2011 at 16:04 #

Love this look. I would have died even more if she swapped her clutch for the Alexander McQueen Skull Woven Leather clutch you have featured in your favourites section FC!

• Fashion Critic July 19, 2011 at 16:15 #

oooh….Now that would’ve been divine.

I like your thinking

• justme July 19, 2011 at 18:28 #

That clutch would have been perfect with this look.

27. Carolina July 19, 2011 at 16:25 #

BTW, I love this site but find myself a little piqued at the whole “she gets it” commentary, as if there was just one “it” to get and those that do not agree are just not with it. Please don’t take this wrong, it’s not meant meanly – rather the opposite. Your site is very well done and so much kinder than others can be, it’s one of the best things about it.

• Fashion Critic July 19, 2011 at 16:40 #

“She Gets It” isn’t suppose to offend anyone.

Like I clearly said, this is a comment a friend of my who is a stylist often says when we are talking about fashion and certain celebrities.

“She gets it” refers to people like Tilda Swinton, Leighton Meester, Zoe Saldana, Cate Blanchett, Emma Stone and even Emma Watson in Bottega Veneta last week. Those who are not afraid of fashion and will wear what they want in the name of art and creativity.

I would personally love to see more of Emma’s GBV look to Mila Kunis’ Lanvin look, but that is my own preference and everyone else is entitled to their own.

This site is meant to be fun and light-hearted and I wouldn’t want it to be any other way.

28. Aimz14 July 19, 2011 at 17:06 #

great look! i’m so happy i can’t see her bra through her top too! BDOTW?

29. Jones19 July 19, 2011 at 17:20 #

Ahh I love Emma Stone, her hair and makeup are always flawless too.

30. Talita July 19, 2011 at 18:18 #

Love pink and red combinations. The dress is perfection on her. She couldn’t look better. BDOTW!!!

31. Amber July 19, 2011 at 19:09 #

What an ugly dress. She looks like she stapled on two pillows to her waist. Was she planning on falling asleep? Blech.

32. arwa July 19, 2011 at 21:01 #

I find it a bit strange, seeing her looking way better than Mila in Mila’s premiere. Considering that they share the same stylist Petra Flannery

• Fashion Critic July 19, 2011 at 21:59 #

I didn’t know that. Interesting

33. Sharon July 19, 2011 at 21:45 #

I love the colors from the top of her head to her shoes. She’s beautiful and so is the dress.

34. Lynnette July 20, 2011 at 01:22 #

I am a big fan of Emma and more so when she is a redhead. She is now however after experimenting with other colours as a blonde, embracing colours as a redhead which I am loving. Not sure about the silhouette of the dress but it is young, vibrant and totally Emma :)

35. Alina July 20, 2011 at 06:58 #

She looks beautiful but her hair could have been styled better.

36. Annel July 20, 2011 at 13:26 #

Totally agree. BDOTW? She’s SO chic!