Sarah Jessica Parker for Vogue US August 2011

The gorgeous Sarah Jessica Parker is the cover star for American Vogue’s August 2011 issue, which sees her wearing a winter white Burberry Prorsum Fall 2011 coat.

Mario Testino shot the family spread which includes husband Matthew Broderick, James Wilkie, Marion and Tabitha.

In the rest of SJPs’ editorial we see her wearing the same Bottega Veneta gown we saw on Emma Watson this week, plus the same Michael Kors dress Blake Lively wore to the MTV Movie Awards.

Chanel Resort, Proenza Schouler, Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta also feature in this playful editorial.

In the article she also talks about balancing family and a busy work life, raising toddlers while in her 40s, her love of acting, as well as how she’s very different from Carrie Bradshaw.

You can read the whole interview over at Vogue.com. Here are some extracts from her interview:

On her beloved “Sex and the City” character of Carrie Bradshaw: “Bradshaw’s life is nothing – nothing – like mine. I loved playing her, and it changed my life in lots of wonderful ways, but I’m not a crazy shoe lady, I don’t think about fashion all day long, although I have a great respect for the industry.”

On being a fashionista to the fullest: “I love the opportunity to wear something really special and go to a wonderful event at some great cultural institution. Not to sound too Pollyanna about it, but I really didn’t imagine when I was a little girl that I would be there to see it all myself.”

On her hard-working nature: “It’s kind of all I’ve known. I’m a bitter-ender. It’s potentially my fatal flaw that I do not give up on something. I will not rest. I work and work and work until I can no longer and someone has to remove me from the premises.”

On being a parent to twins in her 40s: “I guess I think there are things about it that I hope have made me a better mother. I’ve had a lot of opportunities to do the things that I wanted to do, like sleep. I have slept till 11:00 for a lot of years. Honestly, the only thing that I’m concerned about is the energy: I hope I can maintain the energy. I think about all the years I’ve spent parenting James Wilkie and everything I put into it, and there are two of them.”

On her commitment to acting: “It’s kind of all I’ve known. I’m a bitter-ender. It’s potentially my fatal flaw that I do not give up on something. I will not rest. I work and work and work until I can no longer and someone has to remove me from the premises.”

Bottega Veneta bronze ball dress. Suzanne Couture Millinery headpiece

Chanel tweed jacket and skirt. Manolo Blahnik suede pumps

Proenza Schouler Navajo-print dress and long-sleeved T-shirt. Michael Kors belt. Van Cleef & Arpels watch. Manolo Blahnik suede pumps

Michael Kors coat and sheath dress. Bulgari watch

Marc Jacobs embroidered top and skirt. Cartier watch

Oscar de la Renta sequined dress. Stephen Russell diamond earrings

Credit: Mario Testino for Vogue & Style.com

In Eva Longoria's Closet - Victoria Beckham Colour-Block Jersey Dress

In Eva Longoria’s Closet – Victoria Beckham Colour-Block Jersey Dress

Estelle In Mark + James Badgley Mischka - Pre-ESPY Dinner

Estelle In Mark + James Badgley Mischka – Pre-ESPY Dinner

24 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker for Vogue US August 2011

1. Kaz July 13, 2011 at 13:03 #

She looks stunning. I adore the cover!

2. robbie July 13, 2011 at 13:09 #

LOVE the editorial. the shot of both SJP and matthew is insanely beautiful. the cover is so pretty.

i do wonder though if she gets a bit bored of always being asked about carrie bradshaw.

3. noo July 13, 2011 at 13:14 #

i wish there had been a clear picture of her in the bottega veneta dress :D

4. Gaber July 13, 2011 at 13:25 #

The de la Renta and the cover are pretty much the only two photos I care for – everything else looks staged to the extent that not even the gorgeous outfits she’s wearing can fix the mess.
    It’s so catalogue.

5. Christine July 13, 2011 at 13:45 #

I love the Oscar de la Renta dress on her as I think it looks better floor-length than calf-length. Isn’t it to be a bit of a catalogue parody? I think those ‘staged’ pictures are rather funny.

6. Ayesha July 13, 2011 at 13:45 #

FABULOUS!!!

7. anne July 13, 2011 at 13:46 #

catherine, duchess of cambridge should dress more like this :D

8. hauteness July 13, 2011 at 14:09 #

I adore each of these looks! STUNNING!

9. elena July 13, 2011 at 14:17 #

i’m in love with the last oscar de la renta dress… *love* that picture is perfection.

10. gragriP. July 13, 2011 at 14:31 #

I just want that Burberry Coat………!! lol She looks amazing like always

11. DivaMom July 13, 2011 at 14:35 #

Beautiful. I’m loving the composition with her, Matthew, the kids and the dog in the 1st shot. The last picture of the couple is glorious. They should frame it!

12. Verena July 13, 2011 at 14:43 #

Very cute! The only thing I don’t like about it is that SJP strikes pretty much the same pose in all of them. But maybe that was intentional…

13. roxana July 13, 2011 at 14:46 #

amazing!

14. Megan July 13, 2011 at 15:22 #

Yes I agree about what you said I immediately found these pictures so staged.
    I love that Burberry coat though.I want it soo much.

15. jones19 July 13, 2011 at 15:35 #

These shots are amazing, this is what we all wish we could look like while taking care of our family and house (dream on). I noticed that there is a mistake, the same response is posted to two different questions.

16. Shell July 13, 2011 at 15:57 #

she wears clothes so beautifully

17. Cashawna July 13, 2011 at 18:38 #

I love this OMG it looks amazing

18. Cheryl July 13, 2011 at 22:48 #

That’s the same Bottega Veneta that Emma Watson wore to the NY Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows premiere.

19. e July 13, 2011 at 23:22 #

the setting looks like the kind of house you can imagine carrie and big living in – so it seems like vogue is trapped in wanting to style SJP a in her carrie character, even when SJP says she is nothing like carrie! for me all the photos are stagey and fantasy – except the last portrait of her with matthew – that seems the most authentic one. but apart from all that … the clothes are divine and SJP knows how to wear them

20. Emi July 14, 2011 at 08:51 #

Beautiful editorial. I really like that Bottega Veneta’s gown on her. The apartment is so beautiful.

21. SSN July 14, 2011 at 10:02 #

Fab! Love it!

22. Malinda July 14, 2011 at 16:26 #

Oh come on! Yes the photos are “stagey”, but that’s why they are so gorgeous. Fantasy in the middle of the hum-drum and chaos of reality. This is the best I have seen SJP look in a long time, the outfits are stunning, she looks trully beautiful in each shot, and I think each photo is beautifully set. I adore this editorial – and I’m not even a real SJP fan.

23. Jen July 15, 2011 at 03:56 #

That coat is to die for, but it’s Burberry, so of course it is!

24. Fee July 15, 2011 at 10:26 #

Totally agree that the photos are meant to look staged but there is still something about this editorial that really bothers me. I saw it on another site in the last couple of days and just thought ‘yuck’. I think it’s just a personal response though as it contains two of my pet peeves – celebrities including their children in press and photos of couples where one looks adoringly at the other :) Yes the last shot is lovely but to me it says ‘ego’. I do love the Oscar dress though.