Kelly Rowland and Tulisa Contostavlos were at the Echo Arena for the Liverpool X Factor auditions today.

Both opted mid-season looks by British designers.

Kelly wore Stella McCartney Resort 2011 floral print shorts which she teamed with a blue top, a navy Vivienne Westwood blazer and Giuseppe Zanotti tan boots.

The tribal necklace was one thing too much for this look which already has so much going on. I think the earrings and the cuff provide enough bling.

Tulisa went in the opposite direction opting for a less busy look without any jewelry.

Her red Alexander McQueen sleeveless dress is from the Pre-Fall 2011 collection.

The cute pleated dress was paired with black Nicholas Kirkwood mesh sandals.

A fishtail plait completed her look.

Tulisa has yet to master owning a look. She doesn’t appear to have any belief in anything she wears.

It’s a beautiful dress, yet she’s not selling it to me.

It’s gonna be a long winter without the X Factor this year.

Credit: Style.com & Xposure

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Giovanna Battaglia Loves Her No.21 Printed Blouse & Cropped Pants

Giovanna Battaglia Loves Her No.21 Printed Blouse & Cropped Pants

18 Responses to Kelly Rowland In Vivienne Westwood & Stella McCartney & Tulisa Contostavlos In Alexander McQueen – X Factor Liverpool Auditions

1. DivaMom July 13, 2011 at 14:40 #

Kelly went out of her way to match the shorts & shoes. Too obvious!

2. robbie July 13, 2011 at 14:43 #

both look bad. but seriously why does it seem everything that tulisa wears goes from look high fashion to high street. if she put a little more attitude into her looks she would look so much better.

3. Giuseppi Giraffe July 13, 2011 at 15:02 #

that mcqueen is awesome-i liked it better with the belt

4. jones19 July 13, 2011 at 15:13 #

Kelly Rowland has about as much fashion sense as my cat. I have no idea who this Tulisa girl is but she manages to make both this and the outfit you posted her last in look bland, which is quite a feat considering this is McQueen, a brand that is anything but bland.

5. Fraser July 13, 2011 at 15:45 #

:((((

You can imagine Dannii rocking an (restyled) version of Kelly’s, and Cheryl belting the McQueen and adding some sass.

I know it is not about the fashion, but these two are so low-rent versus the old how is the ‘new look, big, better, more hyped, more serious, more up its *** ****’ X-Factor going to be any good :(((

Sad. Though, FC, we will get out Saturday evenings back now!!

6. Maddie July 13, 2011 at 15:49 #

Tulisa is getting better, Cheryl wasn’t great at the beginning either, really.
    As for Kelly, I can smell the desperation from here…

7. Fashion Critic July 13, 2011 at 16:13 #

@Fraser, you are so right and so are you Maddie

8. Intern July 13, 2011 at 16:40 #

This is a test reply

9. moja31 July 13, 2011 at 16:51 #

who the hell is dressing kelly rowland? she looks like she just grabbed whatever was on top of the clean laundry pile to make a quick grocery run.

10. avika July 13, 2011 at 17:12 #

I was waiting for someone to wear this McQueen dress, but I’m not impressed with Tulisa…

11. Hilary July 13, 2011 at 17:43 #

I wish Tulisa had worn that fabulous belt with the dress. I know she’s a bit rough around the edges right now, but there’s something very endearing about her. She comes across as being quite genuine, even in the way she dresses. I’m interested to see how her style will pan out during the show.

Kelly still looks like she’s wearing Beyonce’s mother’s designs, circa Destiny’s Child, 1999.

12. Paige July 13, 2011 at 18:54 #

I enjoy seeing what they wear to these auditions.
    In a car-crash, Jersey Shore kind of way….

13. Sophie July 13, 2011 at 19:47 #

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the other comments. Whatever Tulisa wears just looks cheap and tacky – she needs to speak to Danni’s stylist. As for Kelly this is not her best look – but no doubt she can and will do better…

14. Laura's Opinion July 13, 2011 at 21:17 #

Can you see why Beyonce went on to make it over Kelly?

15. doc July 13, 2011 at 22:29 #

Okay Tulisa’s shoes give me femme fatale, but the dress and hair give me eighth grade private school student. Now Kelly’s is a complete fail. She has four different statement pieces going on here that don’t work. Lose the jacket, the top and the shoes. A white chiffon or raw silk blouse and gold sandals instead of those clunkers could make this look work.

16. anne July 13, 2011 at 22:57 #

no star quality at all…how does one make mcqueen and kirkwood look so boring and lifeless?

17. Mayu July 14, 2011 at 03:34 #

Gary Barlow is always the best dressed one on The X Factor this year. I would like to know what brand he wears instead of these two girls.
    I really miss Channii anyway.

18. anamika July 14, 2011 at 10:22 #

@Fraser….you got me fainting away here :-)