Giovanna Battaglia Loves Her No.21 Printed Blouse & Cropped Pants

During Milan Fashion Week I spotted Giovanna Battaglia outside the Gucci Fall 2011 presentation wearing this gorgeous No.21 Spring 2011 printed blouse with matching cropped pants.

I loved the look, and it seems like the freelance stylist for W Magazine can’t get enough of the look either.

Giovanna has gone on to wear this several times; most recently last night at the Bottega Veneta fragrance launch party in New York City.

On these two occasions she’s opted pair her look with colourful heels.

Orange and gold Prada sandals worked in Milan. Purple and gold Fendi heels were the preferred choice for last night.

Both perfectly complement her look.

Credit: Style.com, waynetippetts.com & BFAnyc.com

In Tulisa Contostavlos' Closet - Alexander McQueen Sleeveless Red Dress

In Tulisa Contostavlos’ Closet – Alexander McQueen Sleeveless Red Dress

Sonam Kapoor In The Row - Taj Express Musical Premiere

Sonam Kapoor In The Row – Taj Express Musical Premiere

14 Responses to Giovanna Battaglia Loves Her No.21 Printed Blouse & Cropped Pants

1. Nat39 July 13, 2011 at 17:23 #

Def. prefer the purple heels with this outfit, very lovely.
    Don’t get sandals on top of socks/tights idea.

2. Emi July 13, 2011 at 18:45 #

The print is really cute but I don’t like cropped pants, in general, especially so wide. I don’t like socks with sandals, quite man-repellers.

3. Carolina July 13, 2011 at 19:16 #

The model’s look works much better. For some reason, Battaglia’s pants appear to need to be tapered a bit, especially in the second image. As well, the top needs… something, around the waist, where it appears to hang strangely. I am not a cropped pant fan and think few people are enhanced by the look, but if they are worn, I believe they should be complimentary to the leg line.

4. Moxie July 13, 2011 at 20:16 #

I agree with the others about the pants. They either need to be tapered like the model’s or a little shorter/longer. The length just looks wrong, considering how wide the bottom is. Love the purple shoes.

5. quimby July 13, 2011 at 20:31 #

What I love about these looks is how she has styled her accessories and hair. Despite the distinctiveness of the ensemble they look totally different – the one on the left is edgy and urban, while the one on the right is pretty and romantic.

6. Rebecca Z July 13, 2011 at 20:34 #

i agree with Carolina–something wrong with the bottom of these pants on Giovanna, Love the fabric and love the shoes!

7. Gaber July 13, 2011 at 21:03 #

I LOVE the Milan look, while the NY version doesn’t work for me.
    I think it’s down to the fact that the the cut is slightly iffy – in Milan she covered it up a bit and the contrast between the tights, shoes and the pants lessens the issues a bit. Whereas the NY look is stripped to the basics and it shows it’s flaws.
    Plus the hair is so much better in Italy.

8. e July 13, 2011 at 22:54 #

so fresh and quirky, a lovely print

9. Giuseppi Giraffe July 13, 2011 at 23:46 #

print yes, cut no. and the purple shoes are way better than the ones paired with the runway version

10. Zarina July 14, 2011 at 01:29 #

Ooh I loveeee it with the purple heels! it’s such a beautiful colour on her.

11. kiwi July 14, 2011 at 05:38 #

Its a lovely print, the Milan look is better but I love the Fendi heels

12. Caitlin July 14, 2011 at 06:47 #

Is that that LV clutch again??

13. steffie July 14, 2011 at 06:56 #

the purple shoes are way better than the ones paired with the runway version.I love about these looks is how she has styled her accessories and hair.

14. Elaine2 July 14, 2011 at 13:56 #

I don’t really like this outfit at all. And, I wish she’d do something with that hair of hers!