Kate Winslet In Ralph Lauren – Lancôme Beijing Press Conference

As the face of Lancôme, Kate Winslet was in Beijing, China to attend a press conference to celebrate her new advertising campaign.

The British actress opted for yet another black gown, this time it was from the Ralph Lauren Fall 2011 collection.

A green, black and silver brooch sits on the asymmetrical neckline to prevent this look from being too plain.

Whilst her gown is beautiful and her body looks outstanding, she’s becoming much like our other English Rose in that Kate’s looks are starting to merge into one.

What happened to the vibrant electric blue gowns and sleek gunmetal grey?

A chic updo and a black Sergio Rossi bag completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior - 'Big Sur' Carmel Art & Film Festival Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior – ‘Big Sur’ Carmel Art & Film Festival Premiere

Karolina Kurkova In Sophie Theallet - Ischia Global Film and Music Festival

Karolina Kurkova In Sophie Theallet – Ischia Global Film and Music Festival

16 Responses to Kate Winslet In Ralph Lauren – Lancôme Beijing Press Conference

1. Linda July 12, 2011 at 12:08 #

She’s been looking so glamourous lately. I love this look. If she continues to wear a lot of black it will get tiring fast though.

2. Alina July 12, 2011 at 12:24 #

I love this dress on the model because the neckline looks different.

But…this is a perfect fall gown…why didn’t she wear something from the spring collection? This dress http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010/fashionshows/S2011RTW/RLAUREN/RUNWAY/00520m.jpg would have been perfect .

3. Mahima July 12, 2011 at 12:36 #

The dress on the runway just looks so dynamic.
    It loses most of the appeal on Kate.

4. Christine July 12, 2011 at 13:07 #

She should have pinned the strap closer to her armpit, like the model, it makes the dress look much sharper and interesting. And once that is accomplished, she can dye her hair a darker shade: that blonde never suited her and I am growing very tired of it. Otherwise: beautiful!

5. anamika July 12, 2011 at 13:55 #

Kate seems hard to dress!
    I can imagine the tra la la with the dress stylist….lotsa pins must have have used to by the stylist to make this dress wearable for Kate!
    empty hands just with a clutch…..could have wore some ring and bangle!
    the hair suits her.
    The eye brows could have been more thinner
    She went for the nude eyes!
    I wished she could have used a matching eyeliner or powder….to pull out the top of the eyes till to end of the eye brows into a wee bit smudgey effect just to put a wee bit of glamour there ….then put on some false eyes lashes….to be more mysterious….some where sorta M.Monroe eyes!
    From the eyes to lips is totally empty and the distance from the eyes are too lips are too far!
    she should have blushed up! geeze
    That redish orange lips stick is not flattering.

6. mol July 12, 2011 at 14:56 #

You’re so right about pinning the strap closer to the armpit Christine – I can see what you’re saying!

7. Rebecca Z July 12, 2011 at 14:58 #

I agree–the neckline appears modified and as a result the dress looses its zing. Not finding this to be her best effort.

8. Mario July 12, 2011 at 15:18 #

The gown on Jac is outstanding, but Kate simply sucks the life out of it. Not a fan.

9. dee July 12, 2011 at 15:21 #

Yeah I also agree. Pinning the strap closer to the armpit would have made a world of difference.

10. mochababe73 July 12, 2011 at 15:24 #

I find that the runway version looks cool and sexy. I’m not getting that vibe with Kate.

11. Prat July 12, 2011 at 15:56 #

This dress seems toooo tight on her – esp around he chest / shoulder / neckline….the model wore it waaay better…. maybe not right for her body type?

12. Hannah July 12, 2011 at 16:32 #

Oh I simply love it! I actually am nto too bored of the all black yet, mostly because she isn’t onthe red carpet or somewhere allt ehtime, she has impeccable makeup, obviously, lancome, and she has such an amazingly fresh attitude of diva, but subtle diva. Had her lips been a brighter shade of red, and her nails red too, an dpossible som egree detailing on the clutch and probably a cocktail ring (Always a cocktail ring), obviosuly in jade, I may have died.
    That beign said, I do wish she would wear mroe colours, but I do forgive her on this occasion, because she isn’t Julia Roberts chronic black just yet.

13. Nat39 July 12, 2011 at 16:43 #

The first thing I noticed is how great her body looks!
    I like this look for her.

14. Gabby July 12, 2011 at 19:37 #

She looks amazing and so chic! I love it! She’s the only celebrity who can get away with wearing so much black.

15. Dhppy July 12, 2011 at 20:39 #

Well, once something has been worn by Jac, it can’t possibly look as good on anyone else. That woman’s proportions are insane. But, setting that aside, I prefer the more angled neckline on the runway.

16. Valeria July 13, 2011 at 05:34 #

She looks very elegant and subtly divalicious, I’m a big fan of under-accessorizing! For some it may leave the look bland, on Kate it doesn’t take anything away from the look. She has grace and attitude, I think she looks great in this dress, se wears it, it’s not the dress wearing Kate